Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
Common sense. The obvious approach.
i thought by definition it means the opposite of that

to me what comes to mind is the word interdisciplinary, using concepts skills knowledge ideas etc. from one discipline and relating them to something they're not typically applied to.... at least that's prob the type of thing I do that would most likely be considered "lateral thinking"

·
Registered
INTJ 5w4 Sx/Sp
2,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So you expect us to click a link?!?
Nah, it was for your convenience. You can google it yourself and find better sources than Wikipedia if you want. :>

·
Registered
INTJ 5w4 Sx/Sp
2,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Common sense. The obvious approach.
So cocky, just like my ENTP friend. ;)

Apparently lateral thinking is differentiated from critical thinking, seeking errors and step-by-step logic. So how do you even arrive at conclusions for ideas?

Statistical probability by another name.
What do you mean?

I do all of these things, since i was a kid, cool.
Interesting, remember any examples? Like a special time you solved something in an unusual way or something.

·
Registered
INTJ 5w4 Sx/Sp
2,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Too much work for the pathetic Ne attention span.
I believe in you. You can do it!

Or maybe you're using lateral thinking to escape the purpose of the thread. :p

·
Registered
3,074 Posts

I knew about this when I was a kid, if you might not be the best at something you can be the best because you put two things together and be the best at that.

Mix and match things other people wouldn't think of but once they see it they think why didn't anybody do this before.

·
Registered
INTJ 5w4 Sx/Sp
2,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)

I knew about this when I was a kid, if you might not be the best at something you can be the best because you put two things together and be the best at that.

Mix and match things other people wouldn't think of but once they see it they think why didn't anybody do this before.
His glasses are like a slanted painting, alot of people have slanted paintings. Maybe I'll create paintings depicting slanted glasses and become super famous, or design and manifacture glasses that allow you to spot slanted paintings instantly. Haha, this could actually be really useful. Maybe I need to combine a skill I have with something people are bad at, a problem they have, or something they need, though? ^^

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
@Blue Soul Hate to admit it but until my recent big black rim cat eyes, I had slant glasses.

- rimless, last pair, slanted all the time. It might be my face, but anyway my new rims are adjusted just right and now I remember to take them off if I lay on the couch in front of the TV or something.

·
Registered
INTJ 5w4 Sx/Sp
2,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
@Blue Soul Hate to admit it but until my recent big black rim cat eyes, I had slant glasses.

- rimless, last pair, slanted all the time. It might be my face, but anyway my new rims are adjusted just right and now I remember to take them off if I lay on the couch in front of the TV or something.
I have a pair with thin rims and they slant as well, can't say I like them. Luckily I have another pair that are more sturdy. :)

I was just trying the idea mixing from the video. Just took something I noticed + related it to something. Interesting technique for sure.

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
I have a pair with thin rims and they slant as well, can't say I like them. Luckily I have another pair that are more sturdy. :)

I was just trying the idea mixing from the video. Just took something I noticed + related it to something. Interesting technique for sure.
This is the basic difference (in theory) between INTJ creativity and ENTP creativity: The INTJ mixes Ni, laws of nature with Fi personal tastes and values or standards while ENTP does a kind of cross pollination, buzzing from flower to flower without category limitations.

It was kind of cool this morning, saw your thread and knew I had this video categorized somewhere for future reference because It seemed so ENTP relate-able to me.

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
His glasses are like a slanted painting, alot of people have slanted paintings. Maybe I'll create paintings depicting slanted glasses and become super famous, or design and manifacture glasses that allow you to spot slanted paintings instantly. Haha, this could actually be really useful. Maybe I need to combine a skill I have with something people are bad at, a problem they have, or something they need, though? ^^
lol I left my glasses in the car yesterday and so pulled out an old pair to wear for now...they're slanted on my face as I read this thread

·
Registered
INTJ 5w4 Sx/Sp
2,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
This is the basic difference (in theory) between INTJ creativity and ENTP creativity: The INTJ mixes Ni, laws of nature with Fi personal tastes and values or standards while ENTP does a kind of cross pollination, buzzing from flower to flower without category limitations.

It was kind of cool this morning, saw your thread and knew I had this video categorized somewhere for future reference because It seemed so ENTP relate-able to me.
Yeah, I think I would have a more systematic approach to ideas. I want to see more of how you ENTPs work though. I will solve you. ^^

lol I left my glasses in the car yesterday and so pulled out an old pair to wear for now...they're slanted on my face as I read this thread
The disease is spreading.

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
Yeah, I think I would have a more systematic approach to ideas. I want to see more of how you ENTPs work though. I will solve you. ^^

The disease is spreading.
I don't think random is the best word for ENTP because it implies senseless? The word, non-sequential is more what I'd call it, or non-linear. Something like spokes of a wheel rather than A,B,C. I can be systematic, but only for things I hate doing, and only to make more room for things that are more interesting.

·
Registered
INTJ 5w4 Sx/Sp
2,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
I don't think random is the best word for ENTP because it implies senseless? The word, non-sequential is more what I'd call it, or non-linear. Something like spokes of a wheel rather than A,B,C. I can be systematic, but only for things I hate doing, and only to make more room for things that are more interesting.
I never said random, but I agree. Non-linear definitely sounds better. We both have our own systems, I guess. :)

I think the idea of linearity vs spokes of a wheel is very Ni vs Ne. Though Ni could also be likened to a wheel; but our wheel is focusing, yours is expanding. In the end, it's all just a matter of perspective.

·
Registered
353 Posts
So cocky, just like my ENTP friend. ;)

Apparently lateral thinking is differentiated from critical thinking, seeking errors and step-by-step logic. So how do you even arrive at conclusions for ideas?

What do you mean?

Interesting, remember any examples? Like a special time you solved something in an unusual way or something.
It's something so natural that I've never paid attention to it.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts