Personality Cafe banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a stack of laundry that's been transferred from my bed to my chair for about 2 weeks now, because I don't feel like folding it up.

I was just thinking, why not get some plastic tubs and line them up along the wall, then I could just toss the clothes into the relevant tub, and put a lid on them to keep out dust. That would be a lot easier then folding them all up to go in my chest of drawers.

And for dirty clothes, have a couple tubs based on which clothes I wash together, so that when the tub fills up to a certain point, based on the quantity of that type of clothing I use, then I would know exactly when I need to do laundry before running out of clean clothes.

Any other ideas?

·
Registered
438 Posts
I reckon if it were me the lids to the tubs would not go back on.
The clothes would be removed from the tubs when in search of the required garment and not return to the tub.
If the tubs were too close together clothes would be transferred from one tub to another while searching.
You would get bored of the tubs being where they are and move them around after a while.
At one stage you'll need a tub for something or other and a clothes tub will suffice resulting in clothes back on the chair or bed.
tubs would end up lost or broken.
This is me with clothes organising, any other part of my home, is immaculate, oganised, and could be eaten off.
Lets just all go naked and save the frustration.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Well if you're anything like me with good intentions...

When we moved, the laundry basket was an excellent carrier for my huge collection of cuddly toys.

That was 5 years ago. The laundry basket is still full of cuddly toys, and the clothes regularly get transferred from bed to chair.

Methinks you will end up with three tubs full of clothes and still not knowing what needs washing and what doesn't.

Unless you colour code them. Or label them. Or start a risk analysis/assessment/time management study as to whether it is completely worth your while wasting precious energy, which could be spent saving the world, or on the computer. Whichever.

Or you could invent clothing that never needs washing.

{SLAP}:confused:

Sorry. Very INTP today, and not helpful at all.:unsure:

·
Registered
367 Posts
Well if you're anything like me with good intentions...

When we moved, the laundry basket was an excellent carrier for my huge collection of cuddly toys.

That was 5 years ago. The laundry basket is still full of cuddly toys, and the clothes regularly get transferred from bed to chair.

Methinks you will end up with three tubs full of clothes and still not knowing what needs washing and what doesn't.

Unless you colour code them. Or label them. Or start a risk analysis/assessment/time management study as to whether it is completely worth your while wasting precious energy, which could be spent saving the world, or on the computer. Whichever.

Or you could invent clothing that never needs washing.

{SLAP}:confused:

Sorry. Very INTP today, and not helpful at all.:unsure:
I just totally felt some deja vu here, feel like I've read this post before.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Wrinkly clothes! After being raised by an istj, I feel the need to bring it up.
I've got round that problem. None of my clothes need ironing. Particularly after almost nuclear heat in the tumble drier.

(If you're wondering about "delicates" I don't have any of them either. Considering above, that is hardly surprising as likely they have all fallen apart given the treatment described.)

·
MOTM Feb 2010
4,773 Posts
I see nothing wrong with the heap method you have going for you. It is truly a flawless system. Well, other than that you tend to forget what's at the bottom of the pile from time to time, but other than that; flawless.

After I married an ISFJ, my days of laundry piles came to an end. :crying:

God, I miss the pile...

I should also note that I get angry each and every time I fold/hang up clothes. I don't know why. Maybe I should look into this.

·
Registered
672 Posts
I should also note that I get angry each and every time I fold/hang up clothes. I don't know why. Maybe I should look into this.
I feel your pain. Perhaps we should start a help group.:laughing:

Reactions: Just_Some_Guy

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
I've tried similar systems and my clothes are currently all over my floor. Also, things can get wrinkled unless you've already planned for that or just flat don't care. Personally, I think marrying someone who will do it sounds like the best option. :tongue:

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
I've tried similar systems and my clothes are currently all over my floor. Also, things can get wrinkled unless you've already planned for that or just flat don't care. Personally, I think marrying someone who will do it sounds like the best option. :tongue:
Obviously you are not married.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
I think what you're looking for is a dresser

Though the tub idea works well for dirty clothes ;)

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Dressers involve folding the clothes and cramming them into drawers that aren't always big enough. I can't be bothered with that. I'm too busy doing nothing and thinking about how the world works.

·
Registered
988 Posts
I live in a reasonably large apartment with a spare room and do not have many pieces of clothing to begin with, so my favored method is laying them flat on a spare bed and washing my socks every day. The dirty clothes are put in a tub when I bathe, and I never take off my inner layer during the winter. Since the room is completely closed off from the rest of the apartment unit, the clothes rarely get very dusty before I wear them.

Of course, in considering the original method, the bins will need to rotate regularly to keep me from being bored, and will probably break after I lean on them or crawl inside on a whim to ponder the material of my variety of clothing. In addition, I would probably get even lazier and just start piling them up on the washing machine because I have already breached social convention at this point.

Reactions: honestfi

·
Registered
672 Posts
OP - were you looking for a serious answer? This thread has had me in stitches so far, and I don't think we've even got started:crazy::crazy::crazy:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts