Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those who don't know, Lauren Southern is a stunning blonde conservative political commentator on Youtube who I have been following for some time now. Recently in a video with Brittany Pettibone, a brunette conservative political commentator on Youtube, she was discussing having problems making female friends and mentioned in passing that she's INTJ, which would explain a lot, both in terms of her problems making female friends and why I find her so fascinating (besides the beauty part).

This is the video where she mentions it (she includes Brittany in the mention at 2:57):

This is a much better video, hilarious, but no doubt offensive to liberals and Muslims (you have been warned):

·
Registered
100 Posts
I don't know if she's an INTJ or not, but this is nonsensical.
As an INTJ, I've had friends of both sexes. Some of my closer friends were other women.
I find that the reasons women with this attitude often have a hard time making friends with other women, are because:
1) They are condescending
2) They want to be admired by men and push women down to help achieve this
3) They do want to befriend women, but are too stuck in the nonsense that women are gossipy and bad friends, so they just keep coming acrossing this example because that's only what they can perceive while stuck in that mindset

If you have such a hard time making friends with women as an adult, it's probably not them...it's you. Unless they are example 2 in which case they are a waste of time to engage with anyways.
Another possibility is location. Geography can be closely related to world views and self expression in a lot of people, and it can be hard to find like minded people (of either sex) in some places; either because there aren't any, or because it's hard to get to know them as they try to bland in on the outside to make life easier. I don't think that's case for those two women though.

Not going to comment on the political aspects because I don't care.

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
It actually is pretty tough to make female friends as a kid when you don't fit that person or group's idea of what it means to be female. In that scenario, the "girls are soooo catty" criticism has some truth to it. A few months ago in that INTJ female thread, I wrote about that same issue with groups of girls, but not one-on-one friendships.

Still... even as someone that tends to have more male associates [but all female circle of close friends], I find it extremely annoying when women put other women down for being catty or gossipy. Those women have tended to be bro-chicks that want to be accepted by men and would participate in the most demeaning behavior to meet that goal. If you're having this trouble as an adult, then maybe it's time to check yourself and/or the type of personalities you're attracted to.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Anyone who attempts to reason with the PC, virtue-signalling and/or antifa crowd will appear intelligent and analytical enough to qualify for INTJ. They are challenging the classic Pavlovian-induced "disgust" for any and all reasoned argument that may actually invoke research and applied thought, in interaction with someone who thinks first and feels/blubs second (if at all!). They also easily threaten or perpetrate violence when real thinkers enter their normally "safe" space and insist on using facts and reason. Ann Coulter (also good-looking, but to an older generation) on talk shows with airhead celebrities and journalists always comes out looking good to anyone who values reason over conformity or sentiment. Her best-seller books (like Ben Coulter and some others) are meticulously researched, and are like shining beacons of intellectual rigour compared to the "raise the masses" PC celebrity-endorsed crap the activists spew in their vidoes, films, interviews and odd writings.

Douglas Murray and Sam Harris enjoy doing the same thing - bring reasoned and meticulously research data to the discussion and suffer the hatred of the "disgusted" establishment - our culture has lost its tiny little mind and rabidly defends its right to remain mindless....

Case in point: the transgender idiot (huge hairy male guy) sitting next to Ben Shapiro (slightly-built intellectual Jewish academic commentator) in a nationally-televised debate, who threatened Ben with violence in the parking lot and stalked him on social media for weeks afterward - simply because Ben made the biologically and rationally substantiated (obvious!) point that every single cell in the guys body was male (except for his semen - Ben likes accuracy!) even if he had had (actually, he had not) reassignment surgery and regular daily oestrogen injections...

Blame the college professors (my peers, unfortunately), who subject kids who have already been prepped at school to avoid all application of any critical and analytical process that might subvert the PC consensus, for filling the poor beggars heads with a lot of unrealistic ideological crap.

·
exploring space
9,939 Posts
Anyone who attempts to reason with the PC, virtue-signalling and/or antifa crowd will appear intelligent and analytical enough to qualify for INTJ. They are challenging the classic Pavlovian-induced "disgust" for any and all reasoned argument that may actually invoke research and applied thought, in interaction with someone who thinks first and feels/blubs second (if at all!). They also easily threaten or perpetrate violence when real thinkers enter their normally "safe" space and insist on using facts and reason. Ann Coulter (also good-looking, but to an older generation) on talk shows with airhead celebrities and journalists always comes out looking good to anyone who values reason over conformity or sentiment. Her best-seller books (like Ben Coulter and some others) are meticulously researched, and are like shining beacons of intellectual rigour compared to the "raise the masses" PC celebrity-endorsed crap the activists spew in their vidoes, films, interviews and odd writings.

Douglas Murray and Sam Harris enjoy doing the same thing - bring reasoned and meticulously research data to the discussion and suffer the hatred of the "disgusted" establishment - our culture has lost its tiny little mind and rabidly defends its right to remain mindless....

Case in point: the transgender idiot (huge hairy male guy) sitting next to Ben Shapiro (slightly-built intellectual Jewish academic commentator) in a nationally-televised debate, who threatened Ben with violence in the parking lot and stalked him on social media for weeks afterward - simply because Ben made the biologically and rationally substantiated (obvious!) point that every single cell in the guys body was male (except for his semen - Ben likes accuracy!) even if he had had (actually, he had not) reassignment surgery and regular daily oestrogen injections...

Blame the college professors (my peers, unfortunately), who subject kids who have already been prepped at school to avoid all application of any critical and analytical process that might subvert the PC consensus, for filling the poor beggars heads with a lot of unrealistic ideological crap.
I love Sam Harris!
Lauren and other like her, especially on YT go for the lowest hanging fruit and that makes people think they are adding something of value to the table when in truth they are low hanging fruit themselves.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I was going to say, "Gee, what negativity!", but then I thought, "What did you expect from an INTJ forum, a happy ending?"

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Meh. I've never actually considered INTJ for her (probably because I've never considered even typing her). I'm not so sure about that, if you ask me. I don't know her personally obviously, but she doesn't come across as one in her videos...

·
Registered
6,544 Posts
I can see her being INTJ...doesn't necessarily have to mean that she's completely relatable to the INTJs here. I find INTJs tend to be very individualistic, so you can have someone of the same type and completely disagree with their ideology. She can be very logical in how she approaches the things she does, even though I do agree with on the above posters that she maybe goes a bit overboard in her anti-feminist sentiments, but I wholly disagree with a lot of the militant anti-feminist right wing views on women, just as I disagree with the core concepts of third wave feminism.

·
Delphic Seer
18,076 Posts
I like Lauren and I agree with many of her viewpoints but I don’t she’s an INTJ. She’s seemingly very extroverted. ENTx would perhaps be a more accurate classification.

Reactions: Dare

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Watched a few of her clips again last night - had forgotten this thread (see my nic) - and found my self wondering if she was not INTJ. She comes across less like an introvert than like someone who is confident and assertive and wants to really get to the bottom of the madness around her - but also as a mischievous kid who just loves to provoke self-demonstrated idiots ot even greater idiocy and hysteria... very INTJ, methinks.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Watched a few of her clips again last night - had forgotten this thread (see my nic) - and found my self wondering if she was not INTJ. She comes across less like an introvert than like someone who is confident and assertive and wants to really get to the bottom of the madness around her - but also as a mischievous kid who just loves to provoke self-demonstrated idiots ot even greater idiocy and hysteria... very INTJ, methinks.
I honestly hadn't thought about typing her at all, so I was surprised when she said it, but then it made sense when I thought about it. She's not like the class clown, she's more like the class know-it-all who likes to make sarcastic comments to get a rise out of people. As for introvert/extrovert, we really don't know whether she gets a charge out of being around people or if she has to withdraw from people to recharge. Being a youtuber could very well be a way to avoid having to interact with real people on a regular basis. She's gone independent now, which is a very introverted thing to do.

·
Registered
5,535 Posts
I don't know who she is and couldn't care less. Her type is irrelevant, since she's a conservative. So I'm unlikely to agree with her regardless of her type.

·
Registered
5,289 Posts
I mean something about her vibe does seem like it could be INTJ, but honestly I can't imagine the INTJs I've known to have a youtube channel like that in a million years, male or female.

If I had to guess I would say ENTJ, actually she seems very ENTJ, but I can also imagine if she might be more stoic in her day to day life.

·
Registered
257 Posts
She strikes me more as an ENTP in the grip of her shadow function. She's too animated to be an introvert, and definitely too animated to be an Ni dominant. She's definitely an NT.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
I don't know who she is and couldn't care less. Her type is irrelevant, since she's a conservative. So I'm unlikely to agree with her regardless of her type.
Goodness, a very un-INTJ dismissal of a person (of whom you admit knowing absolutely nothing) and their opinions purely on ideological grounds. How old are you? Perhaps time to reflect much more critically on what your professors or school teachers have inculcated in you... It's not immoral to be conservative, you know?

Tut-tut...

1 - 20 of 65 Posts