Personality Cafe banner

1701 - 1720 of 1741 Posts

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Yes, I 100% agree with you. :) I hope your partner and you the best and a happy life together and I wish your marriage well. :)
Thanks. Really nice of you to say :)

Do you mind elaborating your thought about how ldr are a good choice for young daters?

Reactions: Scoobyscoob

·
Registered
Why do you want to know my vehicle details.
4,926 Posts
Thanks. Really nice of you to say :)

Do you mind elaborating your thought about how ldr are a good choice for young daters?
You're welcome. I meant it too. :)

Oh, I actually think LDRs aren't good for most people. It is good if you live in a more remote area or are looking for someone living far away. But I think for very young daters, say like teens to early adult, an LDR can be a safe, low pressure way to practice how to relationship with another person. My wife and I started as an LDR, and I can tell you for a fact that we never would've met if we didn't go with an online LDR first. For most people though, dating locally is the easiest way to find a partner. :)

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Some moments are definitely harder than others.

A few hours ago I was thinking about how I don't have too much of an issue being long-distance now. We've agreed that it's nice not having to frequently factor each other into our decisions, that we can put a greater focus on other parts of our lives that are important to us atm. Though we miss each other and make the most of our time together, there are benefits to long distance too - especially after living together so quickly after our relationship began.

But, then there's the crappy moments like right now when I miss him out-of-the-blue. I would love something simple rn, like a hug. I'm not a particularly emotive person and normally these feelings don't hit me that hard, so I'm not always sure how to cope with them. I feel a bit stupid even writing it down. Distracting myself by studying and looking forward to dinner is about the best I can do.

·
MOTM Feb 2012
ISTJ 9w1
7,167 Posts
Just curious, does anyone initiate LDRs nowadays? I know a few forum members here are in committed LDRs but were started several years ago. Anyone still seek an LDR these days? :)
I didn't seek my LDR, it just happened. ;) I feel very lucky now and couldn't be happier (3 years post-closing the distance.)

·
Registered
124 Posts
My fiance is American, I am European. So there is literally an ocean between us, currently.

I cope with the distance better than he does, but it's still not easy, waking up in bed without him next to me, when all you want to do is to be held by him after a nightmare, or to hold him, and keep him protected.

We often fall asleep with a call open on Discord. Also, time zones are hard.

·
Registered
4,926 Posts
I didn't seek my LDR, it just happened. ;) I feel very lucky now and couldn't be happier (3 years post-closing the distance.)
Oh nice. So it worked for you and I'm presuming Out0fAmmo? That's great to hear. :) Did the two of you meet here on Personality Cafe? I won't judge in any event. I've had people straight up make fun of me for how I met my wife and how I had to "import" her from another country. :laughing:

Luckily I keep a good sense of humor about it and wifey just thinks the jokes are funny. :)

·
MOTM Feb 2012
ISTJ 9w1
7,167 Posts
Oh nice. So it worked for you and I'm presuming Out0fAmmo? That's great to hear. :) Did the two of you meet here on Personality Cafe? I won't judge in any event. I've had people straight up make fun of me for how I met my wife and how I had to "import" her from another country. :laughing:

Luckily I keep a good sense of humor about it and wifey just thinks the jokes are funny. :)
Yep and yep! We're engaged. :) I think Personality Cafe worked for us partly because it meant we already had a common interest in personality typing (as opposed to modern app dating where proximity and visual appearance are the primary initial focuses.) It's crazy to think we met here and made it through a long 4.5 years of long distance.

·
Registered
4,926 Posts
Yep and yep! We're engaged. :) I think Personality Cafe worked for us partly because it meant we already had a common interest in personality typing (as opposed to modern app dating where proximity and visual appearance are the primary initial focuses.) It's crazy to think we met here and made it through a long 4.5 years of long distance.
Yeah that's awesome. I wish you and Out0fAmmo well and a long lifetime together. :)

·
Sunset Stripper
9,624 Posts
I fell asleep for the first time on call with my boyfriend. I usually decide to go to sleep and say goodbye before and it was so disorienting to wake up and not remember falling asleep and realizing I never said goodbye, etc. I woke up to my laptop not having any charge and my phone about to die, then I had to send my boyfriend an incoherent sleepy message about not remembering why my laptop was closed and apologizing if I left the call abruptly.

·
Banned
2,929 Posts
Leaving for a visit tomorrow AND during this visit I have a job interview! Everything with this position is looking pretty good for hiring and sponsorship for a work visa. I’d end up being 40-60 minute drive away from my boyfriend vs. 9 hour flight. Weeeee! We’ll see how it all goes, trying not to get mega excited until I know I’ve got the job, but still..it’s progress. Very excited, however, to see my guy again! :)

·
Sunset Stripper
9,624 Posts
My boyfriend's going to be here on Saturday!!!!!

I thought he'd be here on the last Saturday of this month but nope!!!!!!

I feel so ill-prepared!!!!!!!!!! I wanted to go grocery shopping for him, and get a manicure, a pedicure, dye my hair, wax, oh my goodness. My shitty eyelash extensions haven't even fallen off. Dear god.

·
Sunset Stripper
9,624 Posts
I'm a bit anxious about my boyfriend getting here. It's 5:42 am and he's getting here around 11:30. I'm overanalyzing things and feeling like it's so monumental that he's taken the steps to be with me. Like wow, he got a plane ticket, wow he packed his things, wow he went to the airport, wow he went through TSA, wow he boarded that plane, wow he literally just landed, etc., etc.

I've known him for over a year and meeting him in person is making me nervous even though we've spoken daily and we've video chatted with frequency. I feel like I won't know what to do, like I'll just be frozen.

·
Banned
2,929 Posts
I. Got. The. Job. In. The. UK!!!!! Likely will be living/working 40-60 min from my SO by mid October!! Much improved vs. the current 9+ hours of travel

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
I met my husband here in 2015, after almost 3 years of ldr I moved country for him and last week we got married! PerC is the real matchmaker ;-)

1701 - 1720 of 1741 Posts