·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Visual > Kinesthetic > Auditory

If I'm visually learning, I can analyze the little details better to put to use myself, that's ideal learning for me. Hands on learning is a bit awkward for me unless I've seen it visually beforehand, because I'm very aware of my inexperience. I'd understand it and develop some comfort/confidence afterwards. And auditory is just boring and hard to focus on, I'd quite possibly fall asleep instead of learning anything.

Reactions: Randroth

·
Registered
585 Posts
Tested as Auditory (6) > Visual (5) = Kinesthetic (5)

But based on experience, I know I can't ever remember shit that's said to me; I really have to write it down. Usually I'm alright with imagining instructions but if it's something I've never done I tend to just apply my own ENTP sense to it (aka. "WTF ARE YOU DOING, WHO TOLD YOU TO DO IT LIKE THAT???"). I'm also generally amazing at ignoring auditory stimuli and forgetting stuff I didn't do. Sometimes I think so hard about doing something that my brain thinks I already did it :S

So really it should be Kinesthetic Visual > Auditory

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
Auditory > Kinesthetic > Visual, according to my last testing.

But I think it's actually more like Auditory > Visual > Kinesthetic

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you all for responding. I should be able to put these responses to good use. Those who are interested in why I posted the poll and what I hope to do with the results should check out the link I edited into the OP.

·
Banned
1,799 Posts
I'm not sure if "doing problems" counts as kinesthetic or visual. I'd go with kinesthetic since it's "doing" something, but I LEARNED visually...:/

Oh well, I just went with kinesthetic>visual>auditory since kinesthetic represents doing.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
I'm even across all three. I learn best intuitively - I don't actually learn things, I just randomly / accidentally know (how to do) stuff.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Auditory 9 Visual 4 Kinesthetic 3

·
Registered
40 Posts
Wow the ENTPs who put auditory first are just miserable. I can't possible imagine being an auditory learner as an ENTP. You probably need to retake the Myers Briggs. Visual > Kin > Auditory ftw. I answered the ones I thought were most like me without doing the research and I coincidentally happened to agree with the most common outcome. Or maybe not so coincidentally actually...

·
Registered
33 Posts
Not a surprise, these are my results:

Visual (11)> kinesthetic (4) > Auditory (1) BUT(T) they´re a little skewed. I´d estimate it to be 9-10 > 6-5 > 1

I would combine visual and kinesthetic in a couple of situations described in the test.
E.g. "Which are you most likely to do when standing in a long line at the movies?"
This would have me both "look at posters advertising other movies" AND "tap your foot or move around in some other way" at the same time.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts