Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To all idealists: Just wondering, what was or is your least favorite subject in school?

I really hate chemistry and calculus.. it just goes way over my head and makes no sense whatsoever. Biology and history are more relatable to me because it caters more to gross processing and not as much minute logic. I am not a strong fan of English, art, or literature though.

1st post ever!

·
Registered
391 Posts
I hated all the core classes. I loved my show choir and orchestra classes, though. I just didn't understand things the way they were taught. I love history, now that I understand it's not just memorising faceless names, dates, places - history is about real people living real lives! I love math, now that I'm not timed and graded. I love writing for the same reason. I've always loved reading. Just not the boring books they made us read.

·
Registered
4,393 Posts
English. There was always too much emphasis on grammar and punctuation, and not enough on creativity. I always failed for those reasons, as well as always having to write about crap I didn't care about. The best essay I ever wrote in school was one I wrote in Saturday detention, when we were told to just write about whatever we wanted.

·
Registered
118 Posts
History and sociology are my least favorites.

I had no problems with chemistry and calculus, I actually liked it. And biology was my favorite. No wonder I'm doing biology college now.

EDIT: Also, I didn't like literature and art at all.

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
I hated english so much. I just didn't like writing essays. Also I didn't really see the point of it after a certain point in school. Second least favorite was science. I didn't feel like learning about rocks.

·
Registered
326 Posts
My least faves were Geography and P.E. Oh, and I hated Economics. On the other hand, Biology, Latin and Ancient Greek = Teh Awesomest, closely followed by other language classes and chemistry. Physics: fairly interesting. History: oscillated between interesting and disastrous. Math: a necessary evil.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
History - Especially anything after 1400 on. Names, dates, places... I can't remember all of those. Give me one, I'll most likely remember something about it. Give me two and I'll struggle. give me all three and you may as well be talking to me in Cantonese. I was okay with chemistry and the other hard sciences. They were at least interesting. 2nd semester of physics in high school and I did not get along so well... Math was cool up through about 2nd semester of Calculus. Essentially, 2nd semester of my senior year kinda sucked away my soul as I struggled with classes that I wasn't used to struggling in.

Anywho, yeah, History, it was the bane of my educational career. :dry:

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
MATH. to many rules to many things to learn, i like word stuff words is just making connections wit the defination-easy. math the numbers can do to many things and just to many small details!

·
Registered
431 Posts
English.. or more specific.. grammar.. I just don't get it.. prepositions, adverbs, compound sentences..it all just doesn't matter to me as long as the sentence makes sense and you can get the meaning out of it

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Gym, not because of the working out (I rather enjoy cardio classes) but because of how it's so often focused on competition and not improvement. Also, I don't know what the hell gym teachers were smoking when they decided it was a good idea for kids/teenagers to pick teams....

I also never could follow in any science or physics class.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Math. grammer. Its not that theyre hard, just so tedious! ive never seen the point. I hate any classes that are overly controlling and stifling like that.

I love literature(reading/creative writing), history(all of it, all world history), art, psychology. Natural sciences(like bio) are probably my favorite sciences. Physics can be cool(not the math part). chemistry is so boring and tedious and bleh. I took a class that basically consisted of learning about political ideologies and laws and discussing them, which was fun.

basically I like anything with info that is open for interpretation and makes you think.

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
When I was in elem. and and middle school, it was gym. Then I homeschooled for a while. Now, it's probably the English comp classes. They're just such crap. No... wait... the worst were my Honors leadership classes. Holy crap. Awful.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
My classes were Music, staring out the window, staring at my feet, staring at the ceiling, staring at other people, daydreaming, and light sleeping. I liked them all!

·
Registered
14 Posts
I was taking a double load of math one year in highschool, and I remember breaking up with a boyfriend at the same time. Math was slightly more stressful than the breakup. Haha.

English, once I was a senior, was delightful. Pottery was equally enjoyable, except that I was terrible at it.

As for grammar, I still cannot remember what the hell an adverb is, but I read enough that proper sentences and spelling seem to just come naturally.

·
Registered
251 Posts
PE! :crazy: I actually managed to convince the principal that I didn't need to take any PE classes from 8th grade on... mostly because I refused to stay in class, much less cooperate :unsure:

Actual academic subjects, though, I'd have to say math. I loved math before we started learning algebra in 6th grade, and I was one of the best in my class, but once things stopped having obvious practical applications, it just really pissed me off (mostly because I could be doing better, more useful things with my time). Of course eventually I came to understand why I needed to learn it anyway, but it took years of resistance before I got to that point...

I understand some people really love abstract math because it's abstract, and they find it really exciting and fun to solve those puzzles. I only wish I could have the same enthusiasm for high level math as my ENTP boyfriend :crazy: I used to, math was so much fun when I was a kid... I completely understand why someone would like it, I just... don't.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Like pretty much everyone, anything math related, LOL.

I hate math with a passion. Even with help from tutoring, I usually don't do well (Failed nearly every test) but during a tutoring session, after drilling me a few times, math teacher randomly says that I have a lot of potential. I never laughed so hard in my entire life.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts