Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So how many of you are right handed or were supposed to write with your left hand as a child, but your parents made you write with your right? I have noticed that ENFP's tend to be very right-brained thinkers, and the mind controls the opposite side of the body. I was actually supposed to be left handed, but my parents forced me to write with my write, because they thought that I would have a hard time in life if I wrote with my left.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
I was the other way around. My dad tried to make me write with my left hand because he was also left-handed, but I was naturally right-handed. However, compared to most people, I don't have much trouble using either hand. I'm not quite ambidextrous (Writing with my left hand looks atrocious.), but most of my motor skills are approximately similar in both hands.

Reactions: LadyO.W.BernieBro

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
I also have a left-handed old man, but I can't quite recall how he taught me to write. Whatever the effect, I can't write with my left at all (but geez, I can hardly write with my right anyway). I can paint with my left and shoot pool left-handed though. :proud:

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
I also have a left-handed old man, but I can't quite recall how he taught me to write. Whatever the effect, I can't write with my left at all (but geez, I can hardly write with my right anyway). I can paint with my left and shoot pool left-handed though. :proud:
Yeah, I have some things that feel better "southpaw", and there are certain things I do that make people believe I'm left-handed. (The only thing that comes to mind are check-marks. I've been told I draw them "backward"... :p)

·
Registered
54 Posts
I use my right hand for writing, but everything else i prefer left hand. I have my fork in the hand were every one else have their knife :) My grandma tried to make me change that, but I never really changed. I can eat the other way thou, I just prefer to do it the other way ;)
When I was about 10 I decided it would be good for me if I started to write with my left hand, so if I broke my right hand, i wouldn't be in that much trouble. Now, I write almost as good with left as with right.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
I use my right hand for writing, but everything else i prefer left hand. I have my fork in the hand were every one else have their knife :) My grandma tried to make me change that, but I never really changed. I can eat the other way thou, I just prefer to do it the other way ;)
When I was about 10 I decided it would be good for me if I started to write with my left hand, so if I broke my right hand, i wouldn't be in that much trouble. Now, I write almost as good with left as with right.
My friend is actually left-handed now because he broke his right arm in first grade. :crazy:

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Yeah, I have some things that feel better "southpaw", and there are certain things I do that make people believe I'm left-handed. (The only thing that comes to mind are check-marks. I've been told I draw them "backward"... :p)
Oh I do this too! Most of my teachers in high school thought I was left handed because my handwritten would go all slanted by the time I got to the right side of the page. It all comes back to how I change the way I hold my pen depending on where my hand is.

·
Banned
5 Posts
I am left-handed but I was never forced to use my right hand unless I was using a device that was made for right-hands only. I can make good use of both of my hands, but I was born left-handed

·
Registered
248 Posts
I am naturally right-handed, but I play pool and tennis best using my left hand. I also hold mugs with the handle in my left hand out of habit from watching my aunt do so for a long time.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
whats on the right brain?

·
Registered
28 Posts
left handed - however i only write and hold athlectic equipment with my left.
i throw, eat like a right handed person.

·
Registered
815 Posts
right handed but I don't have a very strong dominant brain. I would lean more toward right brained, however.

·
Banned
207 Posts
Write with my right hand; but I dribble balls with my left; and jump better when on the left side for layups :laughing:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts