Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a partial left-handed, right-handed ENTP, curious to know if left-handedness is linked to this personality.

·
Registered
424 Posts
I am left handed. When I was a child, I was allowed to use my left hand to eat and write with it. Though my right hand is physically stronger, I could be wrong. I also have a counter-clockwise hair whorl.

Don't know if there is any definitive meaning to it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:crying:yeah i right right handed but i play some sports right handed with racquets or clubs, games with a ball im left handed though. and i eat with my right. idk whats up.

·
Registered
417 Posts
There must be some tutorial or training process that allows a person to become ambidextrous if they desire to do so. I've always wanted to be ambidextrous so I try to use my left hand in certain situations but I still prefer the right hand.
It's interesting to note that Rafael Nadal is right handed in all aspects of his life but when it comes to playing tennis he is left-handed and manages to play ridiculously well. I envy the famous lefty spin you can get off of serving.
I'm not sure what type Nadal is though.

·
Banned
349 Posts
It's weird that humans have one hand that is more able than the other. Why is that?
Specialization of the brain hemispheres. I remeber have seen in a documentary that apes using tools have no initial preference with hands. They learn with one and it becomes later dominant. But this is not the case of humans; 90% right-handed, more or less.

Specialization of concrete tasks in concrete brain hemispheres by evolution makes us to have higher trend to using one hand and not the other.

Remember that Broca's area is usually in the left hemisphere, for example. Also in left-handed if I remeber properly.

There must be some tutorial or training process that allows a person to become ambidextrous if they desire to do so. I've always wanted to be ambidextrous so I try to use my left hand in certain situations but I still prefer the right hand.
It's interesting to note that Rafael Nadal is right handed in all aspects of his life but when it comes to playing tennis he is left-handed and manages to play ridiculously well. I envy the famous lefty spin you can get off of serving.
I'm not sure what type Nadal is though.
Yeah, Great Nadal (Vamos Rafa!). But his ability with the racquet was developed after he became right-handed. I have read somewhere in the web that, because of the reasons I mentioned above, ambidextrous have worse specialization in hemispheres, so this people have higher trend to suffer mental illnesses (true ambidextrous, not people trained to use the non dominant hand)

·
Registered
550 Posts
I'm a lefty :)

Although my right foot is dominant when playing soccer, dribbling a basketball (but shoot w/ left hand), batting in baseball (throwing/catching is left handed), and any strength activity.

Weird.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I'm right handed but my left hand while not very strong can do most things like it can finger pick ridiculously well!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Cool. I can write with both hands but I'm naturally right handed. When playing football I like to kick with my left leg as much as with my right only my left leg is not nearly as strong.

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
I'm a moderate left. That is, I typically write with my left, but I can do anything with either hand.

Weird, because I noticed that I was the only lefty in my entire Accounting class out of 40... how astute you become, and the things you learn when you don't pay attention to Double Declining Balance Depreciation!

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'm a leftie [though I'm somewhat ambidextrous, I used mostly my left up until I learned you could use both] but my best friend who's also an ENTP is right handed.

·
Registered
502 Posts
I'm purely right handed, except when I jack off because I use the right hand for the mouse. I can't write with my left hand, and really really shitty motorical abilities with it. It's also weaker.

It's controlled by the brain hemispheres: right brained individuals are more prone to be left handed and the other way around, but it's cause more but what you see as young children: rightie parents tend to have rightie kid. In fact, I'm right brained and right handed.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Cool. I can write with both hands but I'm naturally right handed. When playing football I like to kick with my left leg as much as with my right only my left leg is not nearly as strong.
How come? If you are right-handed, then you may have learned over time to use your left hand for writing (for natural right handers it takes lots of time), but your writing would hardly be identical to what you can do with your right hand, unless you are ambidextrous. Personally, I am more of a leftie, I also eat with the left hand and have a left preference for more precise tasks, in school I began writing with the left hand but was quickly switched to the right since the teacher wanted me to do so. Many years after this I returned to the left hand (it took me only about 10 days with some exercises per day) and now I can write equally well with both hands. I think I might be ambidextrous.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Righty. However, when I was drawing frequently (for a class) I would constantly forget my left hand didn't have the fine motor of my right, and I would switch hands constantly. The left hand slowly started to gain dexterity. Though it's since lost this as I haven't been drawing (out of that phase :p).

·
Registered
226 Posts
Just came to this thread because it brought up Rafael Nadal. An excellent role model of mine :D

I'm a right handed ENTP though.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
I'm ambidextrous. In highschool I deliberately learned how to write left handed. I spent an entire year pretty much only writing lefty. I also Juggle and play the piano which encourage ambidextrous tendencies.

I'm right handed originally though.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts