1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
So I today decided to leave the job.

The story (trying keep it short) is this:-

I had joined the company some months back but due to stress after a month and a half (maybe due to wfh) I decided to leave but was given a 15 days break. And then I joined them again with fresh mind, now again one and a half months and present...

One of the main reason for that would be I have been suffering from mental fatigue and add to that my chronic illness(which I didn't talk about to her, which occasionally would hinder to do enough productive work)

So 2 days ago, I was stuck in something simple but because of mental fog, I took much time and decided to call her telling I was still stuck.
She asked why?
I said, "Brain has not been working"
To this, she got annoyed and started saying I had been hired for a role to ease the pressure from rest of the team. And I haven't picked up the pace as she wanted to. She was disappointed.
And said I had being delaying on a given task. And she can't afford to loose clients.

Her truth, really affected me. And though I had decided I would be a thick skin about this, I couldn't. So, even though my senior was helping me a lot. And I was still trying to do stuff little by little.

At one point, seeing how completely dependent I was being on him. And remembering my boss's words.

I couldn't take it anymore.
And said, "maybe you should do it yourself, what is the point of me, boss is right"

And I messaged the boss, you are right I am taking seniors time and 2 people are working ending up on the same task as she was saying.

My boss, took that word to finally say to me let's call it quite and the feedback was that was not a professional behaviour, to say like, my senior should do it, you have a fragile mind. You get stuck at one point....

I tried to talk to her back, but she said they have been listening to me for so long and it was time for me to listen. I just kept quit.

What is your take on this?
Thank you for reading.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
You were couragous and saved everyone (including yourself) the time and energy working at a task that does not utilise your strengths. You tried, and found it was not for you. Life has plenty of this, infact, life is this; trial and error until things are put right. The most unproductive activity that you could do now is dwell and contemplate the 'what ifs' of the past. Most productive is to be with or do what you love now and find a way to weave it into a vocation.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You were couragous and saved everyone (including yourself) the time and energy working at a task that does not utilise your strengths. You tried, and found it was not for you. Life has plenty of this, infact, life is this; trial and error until things are put right. The most unproductive activity that you could do now is dwell and contemplate the 'what ifs' of the past. Most productive is to be with or do what you love now and find a way to weave it into a vocation.
Thank you!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts