Personality Cafe banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a title I copied from ENTJ thread.

So, how do you want to be remembered? What legacy would you leave behind? Some articles on INTJ said that from our type comes the one who would make a change in society.

Recently, I just quit a menial job. I didn't like the task, didn't want to be out of control, and didn't want to deal with so many people. I'm on the path of finding meaning with what I do. I don't want to work just for the sake of money, but I want to work because I want to share knowledge to the world in every way possible.

I don't want to die without leaving a footprint and contribution to this world. For me, I'd love to work for money and at the same time it is meaningful. Like a stone that becomes part of a building, not a stone that is just lost anywhere.

What are your aspirations and what legacy would you leave behind?

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
You are 1 in a million.

So in China there is 1000 of you.

You get the idea.

Reactions: Humoriarty

·
Registered
255 Posts
INTJ motto is "everything can be improved" and although I don't aspire to change the world, I do want to make it a little bit better place. It's about sharing knowledge, teaching, coaching and improving the lives of the others (hello, Fi). I'm not the most empathetic person and I'm not going to dedicate my life to helping the people in need, like Mother Theresa but I do have abilities to share and I consider it as the best justification of my existence, when I hear that someone learnt something from me and is happy about this. This is my definition of Legacy.

Sometimes I asked myself, why I will remember certain people forever...

Each time I stand on snowboard, I will remember a crazy freak Mr Angel, who refused to understand the term "vestibular disorder" and made me fearless. Each time I do a market research analysis at work, I will remember my university professor, who stayed after classes to help me with my internship project and I discovered, how to put the theory in action. Each time I speak French, I will remember madame Anne Marie, who patiently worked on my fatal pronunciation. Each time I do pivot tables, I will remember a guy from work (deceased, by the way), who showed me, how to prepare the data for pivots.

And, yes, maybe, this is not altruistic and I'm a pure narcissist but I'd like to be remembered by at least one person for this type of things.

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
99.999999% of the human population has been forgotten within a generation or two of the person's death. Even people who have done great things have been forgotten. I fully expect to be forgotten as well, and have no motivation to be remembered. However, if I was to do something that had a lasting effect (i.e. my legacy regardless of whether or not I the person was remembered), I would like to contribute some knowledge or insight into human psychology that greatly improved our ability to get along with each other and the world.

Reactions: White River

·
Registered
3,641 Posts
Greatest interstellar assassin of the century.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts