1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
3,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
@Animal

Personal concepts
1. What is beauty? What is love?

Beauty is subjective. I love to find beauty in the most unexpected places. In the grotesque as well. I enjoy a rainbow, nature, a statue-the winged victory of Samothrace. As much as I do crinkled geriatric smiles/eyes and seeing unexpected kindness in people. I consider them all beautiful. My favorite photograph is a shot I took on the beach at Lake michigan of a shimmering giant fish carcass, that was at once stunning and grotesque. Insects, ruins, macabre side of life in general.

I refuse to appreciate someones outer aesthetic appeal is their spirit is ugly and twisted. If you are ugly inside, you are a hag

no matter what your level of symmetry according to the golden ratio.

My favorite quote about beauty is " familiarity is a magician, that is cruel to beauty and kind to ugliness."

Love- Love is when you feel such a pull toward a person or object or belief that you cease to remember your own selfishness awhile and just want to bless them, no expectations or strings. You give out because you want to, are able and that is all.

2. What are your most important values?

honesty, integrity, follow through, being true to your word (as long as it still holds with your personal values) generousity based on giving not getting back or bragging rights, altruism is underrated. Always do the right thing. True justice based on fact. Not opinion

3. Do you have any sort of spiritual/religious beliefs, and why do you hold (or don't) those beliefs in the first place?

There has to be some energy out there we do not fully understand. I love proverbs and wisdom in general from all cultures that I can glean. I fully believe in the power of words and do not speak anything unkind or will anything evil toward anyone.

I log my dreams because they come true so often my family says "if LeoCat gives you lottery numbers, listen"

I do not trust a person unless I like their spirit after reading them. I instinctively know who to trust, who is sketchy and may screw me over, sometimes I give them the chance to anyway in the hopes I am wrong. If you pull on my spirit and I think you have a kind, pure spirit I might just trust you til I die and open up right away. Has happened several times so far in my life.

4. Opinion on war and militaries? What is power to you?

I love the physicality of fighting but I hate war. I love war history and weapons in an intellectual way, but I have a very weak stomach for peoples suffering and pain. I swear I feel it and it crawls under my skin. I do not like conflict of any kind unless it is for play or necessary to my objective. If I am protecting someone you are harming, I will destroy you in every way possible.
Power is Meekness.. which is power under restraint in a benevolent way. Using wisdom in every situation and being prudent.

Interests
5. What have you had long conversations about? What are your interests? Why?

Criminology, true crime, classic cars, films, literature, art, architecture, art deco/art nouveau, gothic- medical sciences,

writing, abnormal psychology, play/talk therapy, theatre, musical theatre, dance of all kinds, trompe l'oeil's, sculpture, art

museums, botanical gardens, museums, history of any sort, weapons, fighting, boxing, mma, kung fu, krav maga

I am an artist, I paint, I draw, I used to perform. I write children's stories for my nieces and nephew, I teach an art class for homeschooled kids. Cosmetology-I was a stylist I love giving makeovers and empowering people still. I will never outgrow Disney movies, cartoons or children's books. I am bestfriends with my parrot, bearded dragon, lizards, cats, fish. I believe

you can have a satisfying conversation with an animal, sometimes more so than most of society. I love interviewing people

but seldom have a satisfying two way conversation.

Why-the way the world works and the history and culture of it fascinates me. I study people like Desmond Morris.

6. Interested in health/medicine as a conversation topic? Are you focused on your body?

I love medical science and reading about new developments in health and technology. I do all forms of dance-pole, belly, burlesque, ballet, jazz, ballroom, swim, bike, run, kung fu, boxing, krav maga, mma. Being in my peak form is important to me, I eat well but I enjoy everything in moderation and ten pounds is not going to send me into a depression.

7. What do you think of daily chores?

I love cleaning. I pay someone to clean but when I need to relax and process I do it myself. I love washing dishes by hand even though I have a dishwasher, I wear gloves for it because I am prissy. I need things orderly or I do not function, clutter can make me agitated, dizzy and sick. I don't go neatfreak but I cannot enjoy a movie if there is a paper in the middle of the floor or the dishes are piled up. I need order before I can relax.

8. Books or films you liked? Recently read/watched or otherwise. Examples welcome.

Vonnegut, Bradbury, Carl Hiaasen, Ja Konrath, J Kellerman, Hemingway. Jane Eyre is the only female centered book I

treasure. Thrillers, mysteries, classics.
I recently reread the Sun Also Rises and I understand Lady Brett Ashley's deep resentment now.

Rappacini's daughter by Nathaniel Hawthorne is my favorite horror story.

films

Wristcutters a love story, Amelie, Long kiss goodnight, Midnight in Paris, Boondock Saints, David Lynch and Kevin Smith, film noir, Silver linings Playbook, Beauty and the Beast. 10 things I hate about you, Salt, Clueless, Secretary, Waitress and Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. I recently watched Mr and Mrs Smith.

9. What has made you cry? What has made you smile? Why?
Mona Lisa by Nat King Cole. I have heard similar sentiments my entire life. I just broke down for hours. I am exhausted by the last bf thinking I was an evil succubus based on my appearance and how guarded emotionally I am and how I would not share my past for months and months. If I can't relax and trust you because you are weaker than me, you are not seeing all of me. Nobody ever gets to, so they assume I am a snotty cold bitch.

10. Where do you feel: at one with the environment/a sense of belonging?

In a forrest, by a stream. My bedroom is reminiscent of an enchanted garden. My sister calls it the Fairy Queens boudoir referencing Titania from Midsummer Night's Dream. I have it painted a watery blue green, surrounded by giant aquariums, vivariums, palm trees, twinkle lights and wind chimes.

Evaluation & Behaviour
11. What have people seen as your weaknesses? What do you dislike about yourself?

~ I am told I am too merciful and forgiving bad people I should avoid and disdain
~ too optimistic believing everyone can be redeemed.
~ too guarded. Really angered exes. If I don't trust you, you don't get to know me.
~I lock myself away with my zoo and books to strategize.

I dislike how aloof and mistrustful and even shyness I fight at times. I think its the Aspergers it certainly does not fit with my personality. When I was a teenager I used to say I wish I could be stupid like most of you and just do things without being so mindful of consequences, always analyzing, mind never shutting down.

12. What have people seen as your strengths? What do you like about yourself?

I am a good strategist. I can piece things together in the unlikeliest way and solve things that make others go.. wow
reading people, my fighting prowess, my memory is very good but I hide that from many.

13. In what areas of your life would you like help?

Learn to trust people. Not be so intellectually stuck analyzing everything to death. I force myself to make snap decisions sometimes to get out of my head and into my body more.

14. Ever feel stuck in a rut? If yes, describe the causes and your reaction to it.

Not really I make everywhere I go an adventure and laugh through it.

People & Interactions
15. What qualities do you most like and dislike in other people? What types do you get along with?

like-generous spirits, humility, wisdom, selflessness, gives others outlook dignity and weight equal to their own.

dislike- incompetence, laziness, filthy, unkind behaviour, bullying, passive aggression, drama that is not onstage, emotional outbursts for attention, people who fall apart and bleed all over you-often. It is an attention getting thing.

16. How do you feel about romance/sex? What qualities do you want in a partner?

Romance-"love looks not with the eyes but with the mind, thus is winged cupid painted blind. "

Never been inspired really, I do everything right I can in the relationship to make it an adventure and fun. I cook, I dance, I give amazing gifts. My idea of a Valentines Card is a retro bondage pinup with a risque wry humor to it. Give me the thorns with my roses.

Sex-the rougher the better. I do have extremely high standards before someone touches me. If you touch me without meeting my standards, I punch you.

Desire- I demand precisely what I give.
respect at all times, adventure, neat, orderly values, humility, wisdom, honesty, integrity, compassion, can laugh at self and anything, intelligence- a fascination with knowledge and life. emotional, mental and physical strength.

My approach is like Atalanta from Greek mythos. She was raised by wildlife in her formative years and when her father tried to make her marry, she challenged anyone to out run her.. if they failed they lost their head. Nobody loses their head, just my trust and respect.

Where two raging fires meet together,
They do consume the thing that feeds their fury

17. If you were to raise a child, what would be your main concerns, what measures would you take, and why?

teach wisdom, power of words-you can be a blessing or death to someones life and self respect, true humility, honesty, integrity, empathy, compassion, to give to others without expectation if you are going to give, no judging by race, beliefs, orientation, skin color, anything. Passion for knowledge and adventure, computers and martial arts. Not to take life so seriously you cannot laugh or end up compromising yourself and your values.

I fear if they were ever to bully someone just to be cruel, I might end their life in my fury.

18. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward and outward reaction?

Only toddlers believe people need to think like them, be like them, agree with them, it is manipulative, weak, cowardly, insecure to try to bully someone into your beliefs. I give everyones opinions a mutual respect and dignity. I like to understand and see and be educated by all facets of an argument or a persons mind. They never change my values.

Though with men, debating is just for play.

19. Describe your relationship to society. How do you see people as a whole? What do you consider a prevalent social problem? Name one.

Narcissism, solipsism, cruelty. people are way too insecure and self conscious and lash out in their fear. It just grosses me out. You cannot look at an ad for coffee even on facebook without at least four people making ignorant comments, insulting someone.

20. How do you choose your friends and how do you behave around them?

I only befriend strong, amazing, intelligent men and women who are excited by knowledge, open minded and have the very best hearts and spirits. I will do anything for someone I call a friend.

21. How do you behave around strangers?
I will interrogate them and take the lead. Or just cautiously observe and file away in the dossier in my brain I have on them.

Reactions: Sina and Animal

·
Registered
3,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
3,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
oh wow you seemed so NF to me. cool if you found what fits you though :)
someone told me its well developed from years of book devouring and culturing myself in every way possible but that I am much more impulsive crazy seize the moment. They were right.

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
someone told me its well developed from years of book devouring and culturing myself in every way possible but that I am much more impulsive crazy seize the moment. They were right.
I thought Ne doms can also be impulsive seizing the moment but okay if you identify with Se beyond that too then ok I'm not going to question your self typing. :)

·
Registered
3,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I thought Ne doms can also be impulsive seizing the moment but okay if you identify with Se beyond that too then ok I'm not going to question your self typing. :)
No please any insight is welcome. I don't get threatened by differing opinions.

Reactions: Kanerou

·
Registered
3,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
okay cool :)

I'd first ask what you related to in SEE description? do you relate to Se base descriptions in general?
I am very much in the moment and in my body but I have a good handle on my brain as well.
impulsive, fiery, I love martial arts, all forms of dance, gymnastics, I have heightened senses, light and noise tend to bother me, sensitive tastebuds... I do not run around seeking excitement like a bored toddler but I definitely am action oriented in every way.

They are socially spontaneous, hyperactive, engaging, and enthusiastic.
{SEE are sensitive to the physical stimuli around them and may seek to overload themselves with the experience of the moment. They may tend towards materialistic lifestyles, sporting large collections of various kinds of gadgets or media. They adapt quickly to the changing needs of their environment and may shift quickly from hedonistic indolence to a state of vigor and vitality. They can often appear to act in a sudden, impulsive, uncontrolled, and confused fashion. }

I tend to scan and think before I act though but its so fast nobody knows I am plotting. But I love both being out and playing sports, hiking etc outdoors just as much as I do reading six books in my house..

People who talk too much or write in circles drive me mad. I have no patience for college if I could have just tested out of every class I would have instead of dropping out while trying to be premed with As.

{SEEs are aware that there is often more to a person than meets the eye at first, and try to keep that in mind; yet their inclination is to trust more what their own experiences of that person have told them, especially when evaluating their capacity for work and assertiveness. }

I love digging in peoples heads, under their skin and finding that true mummified self and pulling it out, inspiring their dreams

I am not really smothering at all I give people a lot of space and I need my own free time or I go mad. One of my friends said the difference between being Ne or Se is Ne is more dreamy in the clouds kind of sexy and Se seems more earthy and sensual.

Pulling someone out of their brain space when it has been overworked and is badly in need of R&R is a hobby of mine too.

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
I am very much in the moment and in my body but I have a good handle on my brain as well.
Cool balanced person :)

impulsive, fiery, I love martial arts, all forms of dance, gymnastics, I have heightened senses, light and noise tend to bother me, sensitive tastebuds... I do not run around seeking excitement like a bored toddler but I definitely am action oriented in every way.
Light and noise: sounds like weak S, but doesn't have to be. The rest, cool, I guess questionnaire made you sound like an introvert more because of the questions?

They are socially spontaneous, hyperactive, engaging, and enthusiastic.
{SEE are sensitive to the physical stimuli around them and may seek to overload themselves with the experience of the moment. They may tend towards materialistic lifestyles, sporting large collections of various kinds of gadgets or media. They adapt quickly to the changing needs of their environment and may shift quickly from hedonistic indolence to a state of vigor and vitality. They can often appear to act in a sudden, impulsive, uncontrolled, and confused fashion. }
How materialistic are you?

I tend to scan and think before I act though but its so fast nobody knows I am plotting. But I love both being out and playing sports, hiking etc outdoors just as much as I do reading six books in my house..
Okay normal active person. :) As for the thinking before acting, @JWC3 could chime in telling us how much he does this (self typing as SEE).

People who talk too much or write in circles drive me mad.
Hah maybe one point for LII as conflictor :p but not sure about what you mean about writing in circles.

{SEEs are aware that there is often more to a person than meets the eye at first, and try to keep that in mind; yet their inclination is to trust more what their own experiences of that person have told them, especially when evaluating their capacity for work and assertiveness. }

I love digging in peoples heads, under their skin and finding that true mummified self and pulling it out, inspiring their dreams
Sounds NF to me over SEE quote. SEEs stereotypically don't really go beyond much their experiences, just "try to keep that in mind"... but then we know you aren't stereotypical.

But could you say more about what inspiring their dreams means?

I am not really smothering at all I give people a lot of space and I need my own free time or I go mad. One of my friends said the difference between being Ne or Se is Ne is more dreamy in the clouds kind of sexy and Se seems more earthy and sensual.
So you consider yourself as down to earth? Your original questionnaire is anything but earthy :)

Ok so here's why I thought delta NF:

I think the F doesn't need to be discussed :D The Fi either not much...

~ I am told I am too merciful and forgiving bad people I should avoid and disdain

This was delta Fi over gamma quadra Fi.

I force myself to make snap decisions sometimes to get out of my head and into my body more.

That's a bit of a contradiction to your other statement that you're very much in your body and in-the-moment and also a contradiction to the statement on you being action oriented in every way. How often does this issue come up about needing to get out of your head?

In the grotesque as well. I enjoy a rainbow, nature, a statue-the winged victory of Samothrace. As much as I do crinkled geriatric smiles/eyes and seeing unexpected kindness in people. I consider them all beautiful. My favorite photograph is a shot I took on the beach at Lake michigan of a shimmering giant fish carcass, that was at once stunning and grotesque. Insects, ruins, macabre side of life in general.

I refuse to appreciate someones outer aesthetic appeal is their spirit is ugly and twisted. If you are ugly inside, you are a hag

My favorite quote about beauty is " familiarity is a magician, that is cruel to beauty and kind to ugliness."

Seemed delta Ne valuing and seemed N over S in general

·
Registered
3,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Cool balanced person :)

Light and noise: sounds like weak S, but doesn't have to be. The rest, cool, I guess questionnaire made you sound like an introvert more because of the questions?

How materialistic are you?

Okay normal active person. :) As for the thinking before acting, @JWC3 could chime in telling us how much he does this (self typing as SEE).

Hah maybe one point for LII as conflictor :p but not sure about what you mean about writing in circles.

Sounds NF to me over SEE quote. SEEs stereotypically don't really go beyond much their experiences, just "try to keep that in mind"... but then we know you aren't stereotypical.

But could you say more about what inspiring their dreams means?

So you consider yourself as down to earth? Your original questionnaire is anything but earthy :)

Ok so here's why I thought delta NF:

I think the F doesn't need to be discussed :D The Fi either not much...

This was delta Fi over gamma quadra Fi.

I force myself to make snap decisions sometimes to get out of my head and into my body more.

That's a bit of a contradiction to your other statement that you're very much in your body and in-the-moment and also a contradiction to the statement on you being action oriented in every way. How often does this issue come up about needing to get out of your head?

In the grotesque as well. I enjoy a rainbow, nature, a statue-the winged victory of Samothrace. As much as I do crinkled geriatric smiles/eyes and seeing unexpected kindness in people. I consider them all beautiful. My favorite photograph is a shot I took on the beach at Lake michigan of a shimmering giant fish carcass, that was at once stunning and grotesque. Insects, ruins, macabre side of life in general.

Seemed delta Ne valuing and seemed N over S in general

Lights, noise aspie thing. dxed back in 80s as high functioning. But I am hyper vigilant I have military guys tell me I notice more than they do scanning an environment.

Not materialistic, generosity is VERY important to me, I will give anything away on a whim if I think someone would benefit more.
I love techy toys and my zoo gets the best of everything. Well I don't concern myself with keeping up with others but I do have a nice wardrobe. I have a lovely home, well thought out and decorated, and will spring for fine foods and alcohol rather than make do with something more bland.

People who write pages of irrelevant nonsense and make no sense. Mental masturbation. I passionately hate research papers when I could just lay out anything to show how well I digested the material.

I can be very vain,I keep my appearance flawless. I work out two hours a day and am always in my best shape.

I devour books. The head space thing is also aspie and comes from having a crazy mother where I was not allowed to speak whenever I did growing up she would say "what you have to add has no purpose whatsoever so stop speaking now" so I sometimes get stuck in a mental loop trying to decide if it is worth saying, only to people I deem important enough to care if they assess my words. I am very outspoken and blunt with others. When I get going on a topic, only the most savvy can keep up with how I jump around. I have heard that is a See thing too.

I am an artist, I was a performer, I will jump on a table at a party singing and entertaining just as easily as I could hide in the closet to escape the ruckus. Not an attention whore I do it for the love of connecting with audience.
Now I just sing to my parrot and anyone I am trying to seduce hehe.
I love hosting parties, that gives me something to do rather than just sit there trying to make hellish small talk.

Well the forgiveness thing is more my parents than public enemies..when you lose half of your family because of your father being an evil cult leader, you tend to make exceptions in their behaviour.

Yes the head and body is a back and forth battle between aspie social issues- my love of the Arts and my natural primal personality and need to be in action. I stim a lot. Rocking, flapping are my biggest offenses hahaha.

In a conversation yesterday I said "In an altercation with someone, you would be in your head trying to determine the best course of action and I would have the guy on the ground mashing his teeth in the pavement. My partner in the conversation responded with "I would already have the fastest way to get you bailed out figured out before you even POUNCED"
now thats a Te dom for ya.

In highschool I was a counselor and very hands on, I gave hugs first thing because I think people in dire straits benefit from them. I often wonder now how many guys came just to get a hug.. did not occur to me then.

So as a child I was very hyper and violent.. I beat up the neighborhood boys who tried grabbing and kissing me, I swam, I played sports- I was on a football team in fourth grade, defensive lineman for fun.. I also hid in closets with my books and did art and taught myself piano and how to read music.
Oddly balanced. in every way.

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Lights, noise aspie thing. dxed back in 80s as high functioning. (...)
Oddly balanced. in every way.
I think the first and the last sentences say everything :p

When I get going on a topic, only the most savvy can keep up with how I jump around. I have heard that is a See thing too.
Hmm, one more thing about that, that can also be Ne, the jumping around like that is usually associated with Ne. Anyway Se base types are said to have too quick thinking so yes it could be just that too. (I definitely relate to that)

A better question would perhaps be, how easily do you think in diverse associations? If you think of or see one thing, how easily can you jump to other tangents from there?

I passionately hate research papers when I could just lay out anything to show how well I digested the material.
I didn't understand what you meant by laying out whatever to show your knowledge?

Btw, looked at IEE and EIE descriptions too? (EIE: some things almost sounded like Se-HA actually, not sure)

...I don't think I'll be able to conclude anything for you though :) just that SEE thing surprised me because you seemed really esoteric and intuitive in the questionnaire and so much devaluing of the physical/material. And who's to say that NF's can't love good food and other aesthetic things or sports on the side?

·
Registered
3,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I think the first and the last sentences say everything :p

Hmm, one more thing about that, that can also be Ne, the jumping around like that is usually associated with Ne. Anyway Se base types are said to have too quick thinking so yes it could be just that too. (I definitely relate to that)

A better question would perhaps be, how easily do you think in diverse associations? If you think of or see one thing, how easily can you jump to other tangents from there?

I didn't understand what you meant by laying out whatever to show your knowledge?

Btw, looked at IEE and EIE descriptions too? (EIE: some things almost sounded like Se-HA actually, not sure)

...I don't think I'll be able to conclude anything for you though :) just that SEE thing surprised me because you seemed really esoteric and intuitive in the questionnaire and so much devaluing of the physical/material. And who's to say that NF's can't love good food and other aesthetic things or sports on the side?
Maybe my childhood of insane research and knowledge gluttony developed me from just a body person to more of a brain. I started reading abnormal psych in elementary to understand my malignant narcissist parental units. Maybe all body people are capable of such feats? Thinking back I cornered guests and would sing LOOK AT ME IM SANDRA DEE wearing glittery wigs growing up with my grandmothers.. so I was kind of an attention whore at 5.

Reactions: Kanerou

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
@itsme45

Analyzing and thinking before you act strikes me as not terribly type related. At least not as stated.Context would be useful.
Well yeah, let's ask LeoCat about that, so please LeoCat, could you give us some context on that? Where you think so fast to plan out things before acting.

Maybe my childhood of insane research and knowledge gluttony developed me from just a body person to more of a brain. I started reading abnormal psych in elementary to understand my malignant narcissist parental units. Maybe all body people are capable of such feats? Thinking back I cornered guests and would sing LOOK AT ME IM SANDRA DEE wearing glittery wigs growing up with my grandmothers.. so I was kind of an attention whore at 5.
Lol funny, at 5, yeah. :)

I dunno about developing into a different person. I had a "transformation" experience myself, just at a much later age. Who knows what these things mean.

Anyway could you respond to the diverse association question? Just curious really

·
Registered
3,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well yeah, let's ask LeoCat about that, so please LeoCat, could you give us some context on that? Where you think so fast to plan out things before acting.

Lol funny, at 5, yeah. :)

I dunno about developing into a different person. I had a "transformation" experience myself, just at a much later age. Who knows what these things mean.

Anyway could you respond to the diverse association question? Just curious really

For instance, losing my temper. I always decide will this benefit me or cause trouble before erupting. Or in a fight best strategy.
Diverse association, I jump lightning fast.. unfortunately I cannot stay on one subject long because my mind goes all over. I do not like writing out everything my mind speeds through, I abhor long messages in that sense. Even the questions I filled out seemed excessive to me. hehe
occams razor is my approach to thinking and explaining. Trim the fat.
I guess I can jump in and out of my head at will.. Some people get lost and just stare and blank out. I do not. I am always in the moment. While thinking in short snippets. If the monologue gets too long then I focus on the environment and get out of there.

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Diverse association, I jump lightning fast.. unfortunately I cannot stay on one subject long because my mind goes all over. I do not like writing out everything my mind speeds through, I abhor long messages in that sense. Even the questions I filled out seemed excessive to me. hehe
occams razor is my approach to thinking and explaining. Trim the fat.
Yeah ok but when you take one idea how easily can you connect it with other ideas?

From earlier:

I passionately hate research papers when I could just lay out anything to show how well I digested the material.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts