Personality Cafe banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure many of you have heard of the the new movie trailer of "Let Me In." But have any of you ever seen the original movie that came out just 2 years ago - "Let The Right One In"? There is also a book that its all based off of that I sadly have yet to read.
'Let the Right One In" is definitely in the top five of my most favorite movies and I cant help but think that America is just being too lazy to come up with their own ideas so instead they take others'. Everything that I've seen in the trailer looks to be almost exactly the same as original.

Take a look at some of these links and tell me what you guys think -

Comparison
Side by side comparison: "Let The Right One In" vs. the American remake

"Let The Right One In" trailer

"Let Me In" trailer

Also if you have netflix you can watch "Let the Right One In" online here -
Netflix: Rent as many movies as you want for only $8.99 a month! Free Trial

·
Registered
429 Posts
I agree with this person on youtube:

Fendertastic said:
REMAKES: Because us Americans are too fucking lazy to read subtitles.
I really wanted to go see that movie, but I'll watch the original first. It looks way better anyway. :p I still might go see the remake, because I love the girl who plays in it...

Seriously though, I'm sick of all these remakes. Come on, America, think up your own goddamn ideas!

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
I really don't understand why they had to make a remake of this... There is no way they could top the original. Also, I felt the original was amazing because it was made in Sweden and it just amplified the overall feel of the movie.

People should just learn to appreciate subtitles.. seriously.

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I really don't understand why they had to make a remake of this... There is no way they could top the original. Also, I felt the original was amazing because it was made in Sweden and it just amplified the overall feel of the movie.

People should just learn to appreciate subtitles.. seriously.
I agree there is nothing wrong with subbed movies. I just watched the "girl with the dragon tattoo" (also on netflix) which was a great subbed movie (and also another book I have yet to read.) Im sooo ready to see the next movie.
There are many subbed movies out there which greatly exceed many of the cheap American movies that are made.

Reactions: Azura Nova

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
I have to agree with you," Let the Right One" In was a great movie. When I saw the trailer for" Let Me In" I thought, "Knock off." There are a lot of Americans who enjoy foreign movies and we don't mind subtitles. Yet, there are still people all over the world who would rather see a movie in their language and with their social norms. It makes them comfortable.

To each their own.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts