Personality Cafe banner
121 - 140 of 426 Posts

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
Hulk seems like a 9 archetype/concept at least. Don't know about the other two, but I know someone who thinks Rollo is a 9w8 because of how he's sort of apathetic about things until someone influences him (basically).
I've seen the first 2 seasons of Vikings and Rollo has always been sort of there, but still int he background. Not running the show. And he resents his brother, the showrunner, also the trouble maker - that sounds rather familiar. And deep down he wants to break out and shine. Yeah, we gotta take in high consideration that in Viking times violence was normal. Their whole mindset about life and death is completely different than now. Paganism. So violence isn't necessarily a deal breaker or a green light for any of the types here. If I take that out, Rollo could definitely be a 9w8 sp probably. Or So? But it's still hard to think of a 9 to be like that. But he has a very soft quality (maybe just the actor).

·
Registered
INFJ 4w5
3,696 Posts
American Beauty

Lester - 9w8
Carolyn - 1w2
Jane - 4w5
Angela - 3w2 or 6w7 --> 3?
Ricky - 5w4
Ricky's dad - 6w5
Ricky's mom - unhealthy 9w1
Buddy - 3w4

Reactions: Miss Bingley

·
Registered
INFJ 4w5
3,696 Posts
Betty Draper from Mad Men is a 9w1. As the show progresses, she acts like an unhealthy, neurotic Type 6.

"It makes me sorry for him, when in fact, I should be angry. Very angry."

How a 9 releases their pent-up aggression:

Reactions: sometimes

·
Registered
INTJ
1,416 Posts
GOT:
Ned - 1w9
Catelyn - 1w2
Tyrion - 7w6 or 5w6
Jamie - 3w2 or 7w6
Arya - 9w8 or 8w9
Daenerys - 9w8
Jon - 6w5
Bran - 4w5

Grey's Anatomy b/c i'm garbage -
Meredith - 6w7
Cristina - 3w4
Amelia - 7w8
Derek - 2w3
Addison - 3w4
Izzie - 1w2
George - 9w1

Reactions: Dangerose

·
Queen of Hearts
17,939 Posts
About Tyrion - I'm really curious about his type - I'm wondering about social 4w3?
Or is he a 7w6?

(But please please please mark spoilers, or at least warn me; I have been unable to watch past mid-season 3 because I only have HBO on my phone and I'm housesitting and can't connect my phone to this WiFi)

And Shae -- curious about her too (again, please please mark spoilers!!!), she seems also 7 or possibly 2 or 8 or something...

For instance, I'm thinking of this little conversation, after Tyrion was injured (can't find the exact quote but it was something along the lines of):

Tyrion: It was good of you to come.
Shae: Good of me? Of course I come. Have you looked [at your injury] yet?
Tyrion: No.
Shae: I will be the first.
*unwraps bandage*
Tyrion: Well?
Shae: You're a mess.
Tyrion: I'm a monster, as well as a dwarf. You should charge me double.
Shae: *mocking* Awww, I'm a poor little rich man, and nobody loves me, so I tell jokes and pay people to laugh. Fuck your money!

Seems like good commentary on his character, seems like he does have a lot of self-pity that he doesn't necessarily broadcast. Of course every type can have self-pity but...I don't know. Seems social though

His little speech thing about belonging in the world of politics, not running away with Shae, sealed the deal imo, probably sp-last too
and if not head core strong head fix. But idk, feel like he could be a 4 core.

Reactions: Philathea

·
MOTM Jan 2014
11,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #127 ·
@Phoenix Virtue
I think Tyrion is a 6w5, though I could also entertain 7w6. He's extremely skeptical, he is aware of his victimhood but also willing to laugh about it, he has a fear/courage dichotomy.. although I could also see a case for gluttony/sobriety. He loves to figure people out, which could be 6w5 or 7's line to 5. He does not tend to assume the best, AT ALL.. he is untrusting, kind of reactive. But, he could also just be a jaded 7. I find that he values skepticism and a questioning mind, and takes pride in his doubt and skepticism , the way a 6 would. At the same time, he loves to tell jokes and entertain; every other word out of his mouth is humorous. So I am not sure which way to go. How would he integrate and disintegrate ? I don't see 7-to-1 narcissistic tantrums; but I don't see 6-to-3 faking/working hard either. I see a very strong acceptance of chaos and the way things are, and less idealism, which strikes me more 6 than anything idealist triad. But, I could see a case for either, I guess.

He's definitely a head type though, not a 4.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
@Swordsman of Mana what makes you think Social 8 for Gimli? I can definitely see him as a So-dom, but not really sure about 8. He's assertive but doesn't really seem focused on control. I haven't read the books, admittedly.

In the film it's hard to identify his exact personality and motivations however, as at no point does Gimli ever get the limelight.

·
Banned
17,781 Posts
@Swordsman of Mana what makes you think Social 8 for Gimli? I can definitely see him as a So-dom, but not really sure about 8. He's assertive but doesn't really seem focused on control. I haven't read the books, admittedly.

In the film it's hard to identify his exact personality and motivations however, as at no point does Gimli ever get the limelight.
only other type I could see would be 9w8. he's definitely gut center and not a 1 or 9w1. he seems a bit more outwardly angry like an 8, so that makes more sense to me.

·
Banned
17,781 Posts
@Phoenix Virtue
I think Tyrion is a 6w5, though I could also entertain 7w6. He's extremely skeptical, he is aware of his victimhood but also willing to laugh about it, he has a fear/courage dichotomy.. although I could also see a case for gluttony/sobriety. He loves to figure people out, which could be 6w5 or 7's line to 5. He does not tend to assume the best, AT ALL.. he is untrusting, kind of reactive. But, he could also just be a jaded 7. I find that he values skepticism and a questioning mind, and takes pride in his doubt and skepticism , the way a 6 would. At the same time, he loves to tell jokes and entertain; every other word out of his mouth is humorous. So I am not sure which way to go. How would he integrate and disintegrate ? I don't see 7-to-1 narcissistic tantrums; but I don't see 6-to-3 faking/working hard either. I see a very strong acceptance of chaos and the way things are, and less idealism, which strikes me more 6 than anything idealist triad. But, I could see a case for either, I guess.

He's definitely a head type though, not a 4.
he's too friendly and sociable for 6w5. 6w5s are colder, more austere/"stick to your own".
PS: I actually see him as a bit 1-ish at some points. nothing like an ENFP 7 with a 1 fix, but you can see it in the multiple scenes where he scolds Joffrey (being among the few brave enough to actually do it), when he argues with his father (ex: about the Red Wedding) or other scenes where he thinks people are being unnecessarily cruel. imo, he is 7w6>2w3>9w1 Sx/Sp (he plays Sp 7, but he's softer and more emotional like Sexual 7)

Reactions: Animal

·
MOTM Jan 2014
11,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #132 ·
if he's a 1, he has a 2 wing. I would say either 1w2 Sx/So or 8w7 So/Sx (except in the prequel movies, where he is Social-last 8w7 as fuck lol)
1w2, perhaps.. BUT NOT 8, no way. He is on an idealistic crusade.

As for Tyrion I have no idea.

But Magneto is as 1 as they get.

·
Banned
17,781 Posts
1w2, perhaps.. BUT NOT 8, no way. He is on an idealistic crusade.

As for Tyrion I have no idea.

But Magneto is as 1 as they get.

Michael Fassbender's Magneto is not idealistic at all. he's like a mutant Khal Drogo or Beatrix Kiddo :laughing:

for the comic book and Ian McKellen Magneto's, I see him as somewhat of an evil version of Martin Luther King, Moses or Malcolm X, so Social 8, Sexual 1 or even Social 2 could work (the last one is a bit of a stretch, but I haven't ruled it out).

·
MOTM Jan 2014
11,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #134 ·
Michael Fassbender's Magneto is not idealistic at all. he's like a mutant Khal Drogo or Beatrix Kiddo :laughing:

for the comic book and Ian McKellen Magneto's, I see him as somewhat of an evil version of Martin Luther King, Moses or Malcolm X, so Social 8, Sexual 1 or even Social 2 could work (the last one is a bit of a stretch, but I haven't ruled it out).
He's an obvious 1. He's on an idealistic mission that is bigger than he is. He's all super-ego. His line to 4 is dead obvious too... as well as 7, in his theatrics and how he spins in the air.. he is very "dignified" and at the same time, pissed off. Wolverine is an 8. He doesn't give a shit about a bigger mission but he responds immediately to injustice and corrects it in an instinctual way. There is no comparison between the two - except that they're both gut types. When Wolverine says to Magneto "You're like me - a survivor." Magneto doesn't really care. His mission is not about being a survivor. It's about his idealistic vision of a better world.

Look at their body language, even. Wolverine is physically brutal and Magneto carefully and perfectly inserts a coin into the middle of his enemy's brain. Lol.. so 1ish.

·
Banned
17,781 Posts
He's an obvious 1. He's on an idealistic mission that is bigger than he is. He's all super-ego. His line to 4 is dead obvious too... as well as 7, in his theatrics and how he spins in the air.. he is very "dignified" and at the same time, pissed off. Wolverine is an 8. He doesn't give a shit about a bigger mission but he responds immediately to injustice and corrects it in an instinctual way. There is no comparison between the two - except that they're both gut types. When Wolverine says to Magneto "You're like me - a survivor." Magneto doesn't really care. His mission is not about being a survivor. It's about his idealistic vision of a better world.

Look at their body language, even. Wolverine is physically brutal and Magneto carefully and perfectly inserts a coin into the middle of his enemy's brain. Lol.. so 1ish.
so, are all the other people I mentioned obvious 1s? they wanted the same things.

PS: just for fun, a Social 2w1 villain :cool:

·
MOTM Jan 2014
11,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #136 ·
so, are all the other people I mentioned obvious 1s? they wanted the same things.

PS: just for fun, a Social 2w1 villain :cool:

No.. I mean.. different types can want similar things but it comes from different defenses & fears & compulsions etc. You and I are both libertarian but that doesn't make us the same type, for example.

·
Banned
17,781 Posts
No.. I mean.. different types can want similar things but it comes from different defenses & fears & compulsions etc. You and I are both libertarian but that doesn't make us the same type, for example.
bingo! that's my point. I see the kinds of behaviors Magneto exhibits in Sexual 1s, Social 8s and Social 2s.

·
MOTM Jan 2014
11,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #139 ·
bingo! that's my point. I see the kinds of behaviors Magneto exhibits in Sexual 1s, Social 8s and Social 2s.
Behaviors, yes, but not the motivations.... and actually I don't think his behavior is particularly indicative of 8 or 2 either. He has a firm sense of what's right and how things should be, and he makes no excuses for it; he has no trouble standing up for what he thinks is right but he struggles more with opening up in an emotional way or sharing his emotions, which rules out any type of 2. His behavior, you could argue, in some scenes might be 8 or 1, but the underlying themes that stick with him throughout everything are about his self-righteous indignation, being a vessel through which his ideals emerge, being an example for others, etc.

·
MOTM Jan 2014
11,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #140 ·
Also @Swordsman of Mana
You forget that 8s sin is LUST - power lust. It's not wrath. Magneto is all wrath. His central problem and conflict is around anger. Yes, all of the gut types are rooted in anger, and of course 8s can make quite a display of it, but they don't carry it with them in this seething way.. it's more like an anger that underlies their lust.. the lust that arises in order to fill the emptiness. Magneto has no such lust.. he doesn't care about power - or even autonomy or JUSTICE - in and of itself; he cares about his vision. I know that 8s can care about their vision, ie MLK... and not all 8s will approach it with a "fight hate with love" type of stance... but Magneto doesn't even care about people who are suffering in the moment, who are vulnerable.. he cares about his vision. When Mystique - his closest follower - turns into a human because of a formula that takes away her powers, he immediately abandons her because he hates humans. He doesn't care that she's vulnerable. But he'll stop at nothing to enact his super-ego vision. 8s are more sensitive to imbalances of power.. whereas Magneto doesnt' care about imbalance of power. He just cares about what's "right" in his mind.

121 - 140 of 426 Posts