1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Emperor
8,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Introversion...
Narcissism...
and everything History-related.

These were the ingredients chosen to create the perfect little Historian.
But Professor God accidentally added an extra ingredient to the concoction:

Self-Doubt

Thus, @Historical was born!

1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?
A funny little lion by the name of @Temizzle challenged the notion that I was an INTJ, and provided a fair argument for me being an Si-user based upon my activity on the forums. I also have a tendency to enter what I call "re-evaluation mode" and re-assess my type after which I voraciously read a multitude of articles, in this case on Si, Ni, and Si vs Ni.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?
Success, knowledge, pragmatism, and a general idea of where I'm going. For me, success is a driving factor in my life, I'm competitive. Even little things like walking slightly faster than my rival during Middle School was something I would sink to doing. The feeling of achieving a goal is a large amount of satisfaction followed by an audible "Yes!" and a fist pump. Knowledge is what allows me to guide my life and share experiences with others when gaining it. There's nothing more satisfying than predicting an outcome and seeing it follow the outcome. For pragmatism, I've always heavily admired people who could be as realistic as possible to achieve ambitious goals. A general idea for where I'm going lets me know what to plan for and expect.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.
One night sitting in my bedroom before sleeping, I began to contemplate what I wanted to do with my life and what steps I'd need to take to get to those points. I can't remember the specific details, but I remember listening to a song and being filled with the motivation to achieve all I wanted and sought in life. This was a new beginning for me.

4) What makes you feel inferior?
My knowledge being challenged, an inability to function well in social situations, and failing to achieve success.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)
It's difficult to articulate, but I focus on what will cause me the least amount of trouble overall while also factoring in the highest rewards, placing special emphasis on long-term benefit.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?
Oh definitely. I get an idea of where I want to go with the project and illustrate some of the steps needed to get to that point while also consulting others for the missing steps to see what might be the best action to take.

Typically, I prefer to work alone because my communication style makes it difficult to connect to people, but with a close friend or two, things are great.

7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?
During freshman year in High School, I entered into a debate class and we worked with a kind of congress that students would roleplay in as representatives. I remember in one of our class debates, it was something about gun control, I pointed out as many fallacies as I could and asked questions to trip people up. Memory is fairly fuzzy, but I remember one point where I contradicted someone, the evidence I pointed out was something along the lines of "weapons make people more aggressive" and they attempted to refute it by saying "I have a shotgun under my bed, and I don't go shooting anybody", so I then followed up by pointing out the anecdotal fallacy (the original evidence about aggressiveness being scientific evidence) and sitting smugly in my chair.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)
Theorize with the first bits of information given, and then ask questions to confirm my first impressions. See how it's used and ask for examples. I prefer to watch first and then engage.

If I have to memorize, I'll do a very odd way of stating what it is, using a part of the word/phrase/concept and applying it to what it sounds like it might be used in.

An example is Saucius, which means injured.
Something I might do would be associating "Saucy" with "Saucius" and saying that someone who is injured acts Saucy because of the pain.

9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?
Fairly. I'll clean my desk every day or two and get rid of the bottles, etc, and I'll keep a general track of where papers are, but I don't really have much of a schedule for my day. It's not a thing I'll pay a whole lot of attention to, but I try to make my bed everyday. On a scale of 1 to 10, I'd call myself about a 6.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?
I evaluate if it's logical and if the premise is correct, and then I see if it's realistic. If the premise is correct but the conclusion is false, I'll explain that and move on to what the correct idea would be.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?
My values are important to me, and I sometimes even enjoy fighting for them. I don't really think that much about the former at all, though I do care about it with close friends, and I know where and what I stand for.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?
If I'm comfortable and with friends, I'll usually speak before thinking it through, the reverse when generally in public. In a one-on-one conversation, I'm much more comfortable and can even be seen as an extravert. In group discussions, on the other hand, I typically have a much more subdued demeanor if I don’t know people very well. If I don't have much authority in a group discussion and don’t know people, it's likely I'll just quietly discuss my ideas to the one with authority to consider and speak them for me.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?
Observe first, then leap. Having an idea of what I'm going to be doing and then thinking about it accordingly is heavily preferred to just jumping in, though every now and then I can get a thrill out of that. Actions speak louder than words for the sole reason that not everyone will comprehend words the right way.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?
It depends on where my friends want to go specifically (i.e. around the city, the mall, have a meal, etc.). On one hand I could probably record the show, but on the other hand I value my freetime quite a lot. There's a higher chance I'll just stay home, but a lot of it depends on where they want to go.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?
Get some water or soda, take a walk and get lost in my mind, distract myself, have a nice meal, and do everything I can to forget about the problem for a little while.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?
  • Hedonism
  • Having a lack of care for cause/effect consequences
  • Constantly correcting myself or someone else over minor things
  • Feeling-based arguments & Anecdotes
  • Joking about the stupidity of other people's views (mostly if they're my own, though) can piss me off.
  • Intimidation/bullying tactics
17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?
I enjoy evaluating the military ability and statesmanship of some leaders both modern and historical and talking about the strategy games I play. Aside from that, politics is an exhilarating topic, moral philosophy an interesting one, and a funny video/meme every now and then to brighten the room.

18) What kind of things do pay the least attention to in your life?
Physical fitness isn't something that I care as much about. I definitely eat fairly healthy and avoid becoming overweight or "chubby", but I've never really picked up a long-term habit of exercising.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? What would your friends never say about your personality?
They perceive me as being very confident, strong-willed, stubborn, and a good deal sarcastic. Their perception of me is wrong mostly because they're seeing me when I'm comfortable and, in part, trying to help them enjoy their time with me as well. Part of the very very confident me is a character I play sometimes. My friends would never call me emotional.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?
  • Watching YTPs
  • Reading more history articles
  • Trying to put a dent into some of my books
  • Play a game of Rome II and/or finish a campaign on it
  • Take a few walks throughout the day
  • Maybe go swimming or sit in a hot tub for a while
Thanks for the read.

·
Registered
370 Posts
The Fi-Te in you was never in doubt, my friend, but you knew that. No point in even bothering pointing out the abundance of that. ISTJ just based on how endearing I found this entire thing to be, but of course, I analyzed it consciously too. Seriously, I don't think a type me post has made me smile this much in a while. Also, allow me to propose 3w2 somewhere in that tritype of yours. Perhaps before the 8w9.

It's difficult to articulate, but I focus on what will cause me the least amount of trouble overall while also factoring in the highest rewards, placing special emphasis on long-term benefit.
Si-Ne-Te.

My first instinct is to run it through my mind to see if it's logical, then if it's realistic, and then afterwards I'll ask for an example or pieces of evidence or information if applicable.
Si-Te.

Something I might do would be associating "Saucy" with "Saucius" and saying that someone who is injured acts Saucy because of the pain.
This made me laugh a bit too hard. Poor bird got scared. Anyhow, Si-Ne memorizing method, with inferior Ne.

Those are only snippits of my thoughts, of course. I got such a strong vibe for you reading this, and it only took me a few lines to go: "Oh, there's that ISTJ feeling!" I'm pretty darn confident.

·
Emperor
8,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Fi-Te in you was never in doubt, my friend, but you knew that. No point in even bothering pointing out the abundance of that. ISTJ just based on how endearing I found this entire thing to be, but of course, I analyzed it consciously too. Seriously, I don't think a type me post has made me smile this much in a while. Also, allow me to propose 3w2 somewhere in that tritype of yours. Perhaps before the 8w9.

Si-Ne-Te.

Si-Te.

This made me laugh a bit too hard. Poor bird got scared. Anyhow, Si-Ne memorizing method, with inferior Ne.

Those are only snippits of my thoughts, of course. I got such a strong vibe for you reading this, and it only took me a few lines to go: "Oh, there's that ISTJ feeling!" I'm pretty darn confident.
Thanks, but forgive me. The way I wrote the following was a bit misleading if not false:

My first instinct is to run it through my mind to see if it's logical, then if it's realistic, and then afterwards I'll ask for an example or pieces of evidence or information if applicable.
It would be more fair to correct it to:
I evaluate if it's logical and if the premise is correct, and then I see if it's realistic.

Rarely do I actually ask for evidence.

·
Banned
2,381 Posts
Yes well, @Historical, without going into details and quotes, I read over your questionnaire assuming INTJ, but ISTJ was calling out much louder in nearly every answer of yours. In particular, there is an over-arching theme in your writing which emphasizes referencing experiences in your past which left certain impressions on you which is what I identify as classic Si. You mention analytical streaks, and future-oriented planning and what-not, but the way you talk about it is more so just referencing it as an activity (Si) rather than actually doing it which would have me consider Ni. Si characters are obviously equally capable of planning, analyzing, and deep thought, it is just of a different flavor than Ni -- not less or greater than.

I do notice after your reading that you have internalized being an intellectual to some degree -- it's important to you, whether for image reasons or perhaps the values you were raised with, so this tendency of wanting to come across as an intellectual may have confused you into thinking INTJ due to the unfortunate stereotypes that exist within typology -- but I insist being an NT vs an SJ has little correlation with being an intellectual.

To strongly consider: After reading your response, I'm truly unsure what makes you think 8 is your enneagram. There is the bit about being confident strong willed and stubborn but you do honestly mention (and thank you for being honest) that it is a show you put on for your friends and may not be the way you truly feel underneath. I think @Birbsofafeather was on the right track with 3. You've got a showman in you, and a delightful one at that. In particular, I noticed when I commented on your "knowledge is power" quote you quickly adjusted your image by changing the quote, and kind of shifted through several quotes fine-tuning your online persona. Something to keep in mind.

For your head type it's either 5 or 6, but I'm sure you know that. But when it comes to body, I personally don't pick up 8. Perhaps 1 or 9. But maybe I don't have all the information. I do believe your body type is your last fix though and the least used center in your enneagram stack.

Let me know if you'd like for me to dive into your questionnaire with specific quotes and how I am reading them.

Cheers and thank you for taking the time to make this questionnaire. It was a pleasure to read!

·
Emperor
8,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes well, @Historical, without going into details and quotes, I read over your questionnaire assuming INTJ, but ISTJ was calling out much louder in nearly every answer of yours. In particular, there is an over-arching theme in your writing which emphasizes referencing experiences in your past which left certain impressions on you which is what I identify as classic Si. You mention analytical streaks, and future-oriented planning and what-not, but the way you talk about it is more so just referencing it as an activity (Si) rather than actually doing it which would have me consider Ni. Si characters are obviously equally capable of planning, analyzing, and deep thought, it is just of a different flavor than Ni -- not less or greater than.

I do notice after your reading that you have internalized being an intellectual to some degree -- it's important to you, whether for image reasons or perhaps the values you were raised with, so this tendency of wanting to come across as an intellectual may have confused you into thinking INTJ due to the unfortunate stereotypes that exist within typology -- but I insist being an NT vs an SJ has little correlation with being an intellectual.

To strongly consider: After reading your response, I'm truly unsure what makes you think 8 is your enneagram. There is the bit about being confident strong willed and stubborn but you do honestly mention (and thank you for being honest) that it is a show you put on for your friends and may not be the way you truly feel underneath. I think @Birbsofafeather was on the right track with 3. You've got a showman in you, and a delightful one at that. In particular, I noticed when I commented on your "knowledge is power" quote you quickly adjusted your image by changing the quote, and kind of shifted through several quotes fine-tuning your online persona. Something to keep in mind.

For your head type it's either 5 or 6, but I'm sure you know that. But when it comes to body, I personally don't pick up 8. Perhaps 1 or 9. But maybe I don't have all the information.

Let me know if you'd like for me to dive into your questionnaire with specific quotes and how I am reading them.

Cheers and thank you for taking the time to make this questionnaire. It was a pleasure to read!
Dig in all you'd like.

·
Emperor
8,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I'm only going to take the effort and time to do it if it will truly be of benefit to you. Would you like for me to?
Yep.

It'll allow me to better understand cognitive functions, myself, and allow for more self-analysis.

·
Banned
5,331 Posts
I will read through the whole thing when I can, in the mean time here's a couple of questions for you:

When you ask someone the time - do you prefer a response like:
  • Two fifty-three; or
  • Almost three
When you read magazines etc, do you prefer to:
  • Jump in at the parts that interest you; or
  • Read it from start to finish
When you're waiting at a bus-stop, and someone calls out "bus is here" do you:
  • Accept the bus is here, even though you can't see it, or you can see it but it's wayyyy up the road.
  • Not accept the bus is here until you can get on board.
Which of the following, is closer to your definition of being late?
  • Missing the time you were given - i.e, expected to be at dinner at 6pm, and it's 6:15pm by the time you arrive.
  • When the event begins, regardless of time - i.e, I'm not late until everyone starts eating without me.

Reactions: Pippo

·
Emperor
8,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I will read through the whole thing when I can, in the mean time here's a couple of questions for you:

When someone asks you the time - do you prefer a response like:
  • Two fifty-three; or
  • Almost three
Alright, thanks.

The latter.

The former. In some books I've read, I've even just skimmed through entire chapters because I don't care about what's happening.

• Accept the bus is here, even though you can't see it, or you can see it but it's wayyyy up the road.
The former.

• Missing the time you were given - i.e, expected to be at dinner at 6pm, and it's 6:15pm by the time you arrive.
  • When the event begins, regardless of time - i.e, I'm not late until everyone starts eating without me.
The latter. There's almost always time to sneak in.

·
Banned
2,381 Posts
2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?
Success, knowledge, pragmatism, and a general idea of where I'm going. For me, success is a driving factor in my life, I'm competitive. Even little things like walking slightly faster than my rival during Middle School was something I would sink to doing. The feeling of achieving a goal is a large amount of satisfaction followed by an audible "Yes!" and a fist pump. Knowledge is what allows me to guide my life and share experiences with others when gaining it. There's nothing more satisfying than predicting an outcome and seeing it follow the outcome. For pragmatism, I've always heavily admired people who could be as realistic as possible to achieve ambitious goals. A general idea for where I'm going lets me know what to plan for and expect.
Well for the most part this sounds like enneagram 3 stuff with some 6 mixed in at the end.
The bolded portions suggest introverted sensing to me -- envisioning success by the actions that physically resemble success such as an audible yes and fist bump is a more Si-level of detail. Competing with rivals on something like walking faster is an Si-level of focus -- on the nitty gritty physical occurrences of the moment. People being realistic and devising actionable steps -- well this is Te for the most part but for some reason I read it as Si-Te the way you wrote about it.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.
One night sitting in my bedroom before sleeping, I began to contemplate what I wanted to do with my life and what steps I'd need to take to get to those points. I can't remember the specific details, but I remember listening to a song and being filled with the motivation to achieve all I wanted and sought in life. This was a new beginning for me.
This is very introverted sensing to me. It's a highly subjective and intimate interpretation of a moment in your past. You remember how you felt in those moments, you remember what you were doing, and the emphasis is on what was happening in those moments rather than the patterns or symbolism behind the moment. This is a great example of introverted sensing.

4) What makes you feel inferior?
My knowledge being challenged, an inability to function well in social situations, and failing to achieve success.
Not much MBTI stuff to draw from here but I do want to point out this sounds like a combination of enneagram 5 and 3.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)
Not much to draw from here but I see Te with the cost-benefit analysis. Introverted sensors definitely put an emphasis on long-term benefit as well.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?
Oh definitely. I get an idea of where I want to go with the project and illustrate some of the steps needed to get to that point while also consulting others for the missing steps to see what might be the best action to take.

Typically, I prefer to work alone because my communication style makes it difficult to connect to people, but with a close friend or two, things are great.
I've got no rational analysis for this portion, but I will mention my girlfriend is an ISTJ and I've literally heard her say this exact same thing many times.

7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?
During freshman year in High School, I entered into a debate class and we worked with a kind of congress that students would roleplay in as representatives. I remember in one of our class debates, it was something about gun control, I pointed out as many fallacies as I could and asked questions to trip people up. Memory is fairly fuzzy, but I remember one point where I contradicted someone, the evidence I pointed out was something along the lines of "weapons make people more aggressive" and they attempted to refute it by saying "I have a shotgun under my bed, and I don't go shooting anybody", so I then followed up by pointing out the anecdotal fallacy (the original evidence about aggressiveness being scientific evidence) and sitting smugly in my chair.
This sounds like an introverted sensing passage to me. First of all, the way you detail the entire experience is a moment-to-moment what specifically occurred and how that specific event was structured. I can almost relieve the experience from a first-person perspective the way you describe it, and I'm sure if I asked you to paint the picture even more clearly to me you could -- what you wore to that debate and why, the reactions of your teammates to your argument, the attitudes and behaviors of all the people involved in that debate including the officials orchestrating it, etc.

The way you mention sitting smugly in your chair after is just so characteristic.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)
Theorize with the first bits of information given, and then ask questions to confirm my first impressions. See how it's used and ask for examples. I prefer to watch first and then engage.

If I have to memorize, I'll do a very odd way of stating what it is, using a part of the word/phrase/concept and applying it to what it sounds like it might be used in.

Ya I mean this is a typical method of memorizing used in school, so tough to say. But as an isolated example it does seem Si-Ne to me. I want to mention the bit where you mention watching first before engaging strikes me as enneagram 5 rather than, for example, inferior Se.

9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?
Fairly. I'll clean my desk every day or two and get rid of the bottles, etc, and I'll keep a general track of where papers are, but I don't really have much of a schedule for my day. It's not a thing I'll pay a whole lot of attention to, but I try to make my bed everyday. On a scale of 1 to 10, I'd call myself about a 6.
I mean, ok. This was an open-ended question to assess what information you would bring to the table. Organization has many aspects -- it could be the way you structure your life in general -- how you prioritize your engagements, how you structure your various responsibilities, how you break down your ultimate objectives. The way you respond is in a more physical, literal sense -- your bed, your room, where your physical things are. This strikes me as a more sensor rather than intuitive interpretation of the question.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?
I evaluate if it's logical and if the premise is correct, and then I see if it's realistic. If the premise is correct but the conclusion is false, I'll explain that and move on to what the correct idea would be.
This is classic classic Si-Te. You're leaning on a system of evaluating arguments here that you've learned in the past to assess new things that come up.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?
My values are important to me, and I sometimes even enjoy fighting for them. I don't really think that much about the former at all, though I do care about it with close friends, and I know where and what I stand for.
Hard to say. This could be a streak of 8 -- perhaps 9 wing 8, or integrated 5. This could be Si values you've picked up from experiences in your life that have left a strong impression on you. But not enough information to grasp on to, for me at least.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?
If I'm comfortable and with friends, I'll usually speak before thinking it through, the reverse when generally in public. In a one-on-one conversation, I'm much more comfortable and can even be seen as an extravert. In group discussions, on the other hand, I typically have a much more subdued demeanor if I don’t know people very well.
If I don't have much authority in a group discussion and don’t know people, it's likely I'll just quietly discuss my ideas to the one with authority to consider and speak them for me.
I mean this is just classic introvert in general.

That being said, the bolded bit in particular is classic enneagram 6. The sensitivity to authority figures + I have a hard time imagining an 8 allowing someone else to speak for them.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?
Observe first, then leap. Having an idea of what I'm going to be doing and then thinking about it accordingly is heavily preferred to just jumping in, though every now and then I can get a thrill out of that. Actions speak louder than words for the sole reason that not everyone will comprehend words the right way.
Enneagram 5.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?
It depends on where my friends want to go specifically (i.e. around the city, the mall, have a meal, etc.). On one hand I could probably record the show, but on the other hand I value my freetime quite a lot. There's a higher chance I'll just stay home, but a lot of it depends on where they want to go.
Only read I'm getting from this is Fi. Doesn't particularly matter to you what the group or your friends would think or what the gesture of you missing out on it would communicate to your friends.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?
Get some water or soda, take a walk and get lost in my mind, distract myself, have a nice meal, and do everything I can to forget about the problem for a little while.
Again, emphasis on specific concrete actions you take rather than a meta-analysis of over-arching patterns you notice within yourself.

For example, my answer would be more along the lines of: "I tend to isolate myself and become very cold-hearted and hyper-focused. I have much less patience for social courtesies and push everything else aside that's not the task at hand, I can even shulk away other important things. I get insensitive and even downright cruel. If, on the other hand, what I'm stressed about is something out of my control, then I'll try to change the topic altogether by spending time with loved ones or checking out a nice scene or something -- just something to refocus myself and remind myself to be grateful for what I have, glass half-full so to speak. There's little sense in churning your health away on something you can't control."

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?

• Hedonism
    [*]Having a lack of care for cause/effect consequences
    [*]Constantly correcting myself or someone else over minor things
    [*]Feeling-based arguments & Anecdotes
    [*]Joking about the stupidity of other people's views (mostly if they're my own, though) can piss me off.
    [*]Intimidation/bullying tactics

Lot of principle and duty in this bit. Hard to say what it comes from. Could be 6, Si, Te, 1, or just being a mature adult in general. I get the sense you feel the need to correct yourself or others over minor things which is a more Si trait. In fact, I've noticed just about every Si user I know well do it.

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?
I enjoy evaluating the military ability and statesmanship of some leaders both modern and historical and talking about the strategy games I play. Aside from that, politics is an exhilarating topic, moral philosophy an interesting one, and a funny video/meme every now and then to brighten the room.
The way I've seen you talk about politics is a one-sided regurgitation of terms you've learned. It seems like you truly just enjoy the notion of showcasing the stuff you've learned as-is. I haven't seen much actual analysis or meta-discussion. Actually I haven't seen any.

From this passage, I pick up enneagram 3 with the need to showcase your knowledge, enneagram 5 with the passion for intellectualism, and Si-Te with the desire to discuss chunks of knowledge you've retained from the past.

18) What kind of things do pay the least attention to in your life?
Physical fitness isn't something that I care as much about. I definitely eat fairly healthy and avoid becoming overweight or "chubby", but I've never really picked up a long-term habit of exercising.
IDK. Like, ok, lol.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? What would your friends never say about your personality?
They perceive me as being very confident, strong-willed, stubborn, and a good deal sarcastic. Their perception of me is wrong mostly because they're seeing me when I'm comfortable and, in part, trying to help them enjoy their time with me as well.
Part of the very very confident me is a character I play sometimes. My friends would never call me emotional.
This is like that piece of evidence the lawyer throws in court that gets their opponent thrown in jail on the spot. This is classic, classic enneagram 3.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?
  • Watching YTPs
  • Reading more history articles
  • Trying to put a dent into some of my books
  • Play a game of Rome II and/or finish a campaign on it
  • Take a few walks throughout the day
  • Maybe go swimming or sit in a hot tub for a while
Idk, this is normal shit. More on the introvert side, less emphasis on emotional topics. IxTx I'm reading from it. Perhaps enneagram 5 with the emphasis on intellectual activities.

·
Banned
5,331 Posts
Alright, thanks.

The latter.

The former. In some books I've read, I've even just skimmed through entire chapters because I don't care about what's happening.

The former.

The latter. There's almost always time to sneak in.
These are all N responses i.e lack of attention or focus on detail.
Could also be mangled into Se responses as well.

Curious as to whether you've read the book I ripped them out of, lol.

·
Emperor
8,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
These are all N responses i.e lack of attention or focus on detail.
Could also be mangled into Se responses as well.

Curious as to whether you've read the book I ripped them out of, lol.
Nope, where did you get them from, though?

·
Banned
5,331 Posts
Nope, where did you get them from, though?
TypeTalk from Otto Kroeger.

Those questions weren't N specific, per say, rather they were based on phrases taken from the S section and I made them questions with alternatives.

·
Emperor
8,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
TypeTalk from Otto Kroeger.

Those questions weren't N specific, per say, rather they were based on phrases taken from the S section and I made them questions with alternatives.
Another book for my list.

Thankee.

·
Banned
2,381 Posts

When you ask someone the time - do you prefer a response like:
  • Two fifty-three; or
  • Almost three
I see the philosophy behind these dichotomies and what they are supposed to measure but for some reason I don’t think they accurately apply in practice.

My answers are 1, 1, 2, 2, but for different reasons than you’d imagine.
I prefer to hear 2:53 because I would want to know exactly what time I have to work with and don’t put faith that who I’m asking will know exactly why I need to know what time it is, if that makes sense.

Further, I would want to see exactly where the bus because well it’s more of a trust issue tbh. In both cases, in the back of my mind I want to know the exact information to make better decisions and because people can mislead you or make mistakes. They could have misinterpreted that the bus is coming or told me it’s almost 4 when it’s 3:30 which could be a big difference given the situation.

Don’t think these choices indicate I’m a sensor.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
I see the philosophy behind these dichotomies and what they are supposed to measure but for some reason I don’t think they accurately apply in practice.

I prefer to hear 2:53 because I would want to know exactly what time I have to work with and don’t put faith that who I’m asking will know exactly why I need to know what time it is, if that makes sense.

Further, I would want to see exactly where the bus because well it’s more of a trust issue tbh. In both cases, in the back of my mind I want to know the exact information to make better decisions and because people can mislead you or make mistakes or feed you the wrong information. They could have misinterpreted that the bus is coming or told me it’s almost 4 when it’s 3:30 which could be a big difference given the situation.
Lol, exact same reasoning as mine for the answers.

·
Banned
5,331 Posts

Further, I would want to see exactly where the bus because well it’s more of a trust issue tbh. In both cases, in the back of my mind I want to know the exact information to make better decisions and because people can mislead you or make mistakes. They could have misinterpreted that the bus is coming or told me it’s almost 4 when it’s 3:30 which could be a big difference given the situation.

Don’t think these choices indicate I’m a sensor.
We all use S and N every day.

I don't intend to question your type here - your reasoning is absolutely, definitively S - the trust thing gets to the very heart of what S is about.

·
Emperor
8,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
So my dichotomy preferences suggest INTJ (as I've shown Turi) and the answers to the questions Turi provided say that I'm exactly an N type.

Then why do my answers display Si?

And these also considered, what type am I therefore?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts