Personality Cafe banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm stuck between 2 and 3. Its currently on 3 now but something about 2. It sometimes makes too much sense. Especially sp2 variant, childish pride and a belief of deserving love/attention just because I'm nice/cute.

Its not that I think about deserving love or anything but I always expected people to cut me some slack and help me because I'm nice (or fake "nice" at least). On the other hand, I try to appear cool - carefree - well put together like a 3 might, not focused on success or anything but appearing Ok at least. However I like whining sometimes, even to the point of I exaggarating (or even making up new ones) my troubles if I like the attention I'm getting.

Sooo, type me :tongue:

*I believe my tritypes is 7-9-X*

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
@Paradigm

So, I didnt provide much I know, I dont have much to say on image types I guess.

For type 2, I can relate the guilt-tripping maybe ? I sometimes use that like I ve done this and that so you need to pay me back. Its not that I pride myself based on what I have done for others or what I mean to others though. I always score 0 on tests for 2, not saying its accurate but I dont have much to say for this type and it shows.

3 is confusing, I do project some sorta public image as a nice guy and I can be fairly adaptable unless it entertains me somewhat (at least not annoyed) but I'm not really ambitious and have a need to be successful. On the contrary, I sometimes wish to be less successful because being on top is boring and requires more energy.
I do try to be like peole around me to fit in sometimes. Not like I go along with their wishes or anything but making up stories and stuff about myself. I also whine to people so that they feel sorry for me. Not like I want them to pity but like umm how to say, they will tolerate me better maybe ?

Type 4's melancholy is just disturbing to me. Ofc, I sometimes think I got unlucky in life and envy other people(rich people who doesnt have to work) but dunno isnt everbody like that? I prefer not to focus on disturbing sides of life/emotions. Introspecting depresses me and even sometimes causes anxiety.
Although there are times where I may feel different from others, usually when I feel lonely.

I'm better at explaining what parts I dont relate to image types. I feel most distant to 4, though.

Also, I like interacting with 2 fixed people rather than 3. I run away from 4's. Dunno what it means. :dry:

·
Registered
ILI
5,652 Posts
I'm stuck between 2 and 3. Its currently on 3 now but something about 2. It sometimes makes too much sense. Especially sp2 variant, childish pride and a belief of deserving love/attention just because I'm nice/cute. Its not that I think about deserving love or anything but I always expected people to cut me some slack and help me because I'm nice (or fake "nice" at least). On the other hand, I try to appear cool - carefree - well put together like a 3 might, not focused on success or anything but appearing Ok at least. However I like whining sometimes, even to the point of I exaggarating (or even making up new ones) my troubles if I like the attention I'm getting.
I identify very strongly with this, but I don't identify with type 2.

I think you should re-evaluate what type 2 means o.o

I don't think a type 2 would ever, ever say that their niceness was fake. To a 2, the niceness is genuine.

You might be a 3. In fact, I'd be shocked if you weren't.

·
Banned
4,790 Posts
@crashbandicoot

I have a lot of things happening the next few days, so I apologize for not getting into the nitty-gritty with you.

Superficially, I would guess 3w2 is your likely heart fix. I think a 2-fixer would see themselves as more genuine and sacrificing. Most of what you say revolves around changing or adapting your image, which reads as (a more self-aware) 3 to me. I've seen multiple 3w2s guilt-trip and whine for pity, though I'm not sure how many would own up to it! :p

Also, I like interacting with 2 fixed people rather than 3. I run away from 4's. Dunno what it means.
Made me laugh. PerC must be limited fun for you :laughing:

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@crashbandicoot

I have a lot of things happening the next few days, so I apologize for not getting into the nitty-gritty with you.

Superficially, I would guess 3w2 is your likely heart fix. I think a 2-fixer would see themselves as more genuine and sacrificing. Most of what you say revolves around changing or adapting your image, which reads as (a more self-aware) 3 to me. I've seen multiple 3w2s guilt-trip and whine for pity, though I'm not sure how many would own up to it! :p

Made me laugh. PerC must be limited fun for you :laughing:
All right, thx :happy:

I'm not sure if I'd own up some of those IRL, maybe I can but I never tried :laughing:

I identify very strongly with this, but I don't identify with type 2.

I think you should re-evaluate what type 2 means o.o

I don't think a type 2 would ever, ever say that their niceness was fake. To a 2, the niceness is genuine.

You might be a 3. In fact, I'd be shocked if you weren't.
"fake" was meant to be a verb, there. Maybe "act" would be a better fit. Though, I dont really think being genuine is a thing with being nice. If I'm acting/behaving nice even when I dont want to, its still nice anyway.

What do you think the part where you identify strongly with is due to ? Type 3 ?

·
Registered
ILI
5,652 Posts
"fake" was meant to be a verb, there. Maybe "act" would be a better fit. Though, I dont really think being genuine is a thing with being nice. If I'm acting/behaving nice even when I dont want to, its still nice anyway.
This is a very non-two attitude. At least not a dominant two. If you feel strongly you're a two, then I could see an unhealthy type 2.

And actually you're portraying a lot of 6 skepticism and cynicism here.

What do you think the part where you identify strongly with is due to ? Type 3 ?
It's a non-dominant, unhealthy type 2.

I don't know why I said type 3 earlier. Re-reading your OP, I wouldn't say 3 from that.

But maybe 2w3.

7w6 dom who disintegrates into 2w3 for love and attention. I could see this.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This is a very non-two attitude. At least not a dominant two. If you feel strongly you're a two, then I could see an unhealthy type 2.

And actually you're portraying a lot of 6 skepticism and cynicism here.

It's a non-dominant, unhealthy type 2.

I don't know why I said type 3 earlier. Re-reading your OP, I wouldn't say 3 from that.

But maybe 2w3.

7w6 dom who disintegrates into 2w3 for love and attention. I could see this.
I'm showing 6 what ? How is it scepticism and cynicism?

Btw, I'm not looking for my core type. I dont feel strongly to be 2 or 3. Image fix should be my 3rd fix, so definetely non dominant. Question is sth like 793 or 792 ?

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I like this one waaaaaaaaayyy better than other image fixes.

Average 2/1 combines oneish judgment with twoish people-pleasing. 2/1s are tighter and more rigid than 2/3s, but less exacting than 1/2s. They regulate their behavior carefully, in order to stay polite and proper. Overall, they want to put on a happy face, but because of repressed anger (from the one-wing) and repressed personal needs (from the two), their happy face is sometimes pinched with tension. They are less interested in appearing sexy and glamorous than 2/3, and they are more interested in becoming indispensible than 1/
At least partly relatable, unlike other horrible image types. :rolleyes:

The Two's traits and those of a One-wing tend to conflict with each other: Twos are emotional, interpersonal, and histronic, while Ones are rational, impersonal, and self-controlled. The empathy and interpersonalism of the Two are counterbalanced by the more objective orientation of the One-wing. There is a strong conscience and a desire to act on principles so that a person of this subtype will try to treat others fairly, no matter what their emotional needs are, although because Two is the basic type, they will probably feel conflicts between the head and the heart.
In average persons of this subtype, there is a tension between personalism and idealism. As Twos, they empathize with people, but if they have a strong One-wing, their abstract ideals conflict with their feelings, making it difficult for them to empathize with others wholeheartedly. At least some part of them remains judgemental, ready to make moral pronouncements.
Althought, my image fix feels more like a 1w2 to me. I guess its normal for the 3rd fix to be hazy somewhat.

2-5s - They're schemers at heart. They combine their intellectuality with their emotionality to create sure-fire strategies that are bound to end with them projecting a "positive" image. They learn as much as possible from their environment to understand its rules and regulations, so they can then proceed to accomodate their image to it and therefore "fit in". This was the problem with Alice, as she could not understand her environment, thus her 5-fix had trouble. And because her 5-fix had trouble understanding, then her 2-type could not accomodate to the environment so easily. This led her to become frustrated and upset with her environment for not providing her coherent and consistent rules. The inconsistency of the rules and her natural tendency to accomodate the rules around her is what led her to become confused about her image.
^^Hmmm, sounds right about me ... ^

Pffff...OK I'm officially bored. Fuck da enneagram ! :mellow:

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
The thing I've noticed about 2-fixers, esp with the 7 core, is that they are really people-oriented. As in, they like people, they embrace others, they're generous with their time. In terms of 7, think Robin Williams--lots of heart and concern for others (not necessarily his manic funniness).

Would you say any of these things of yourself?

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The thing I've noticed about 2-fixers, esp with the 7 core, is that they are really people-oriented. As in, they like people, they embrace others, they're generous with their time. In terms of 7, think Robin Williams--lots of heart and concern for others (not necessarily his manic funniness).

Would you say any of these things of yourself?
ehh, no. I'm not generous with anything :frustrating:

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
ehh, no. I'm not generous with anything :frustrating:
I don't think you're quite 2-fixed then. I would discount the superficial behaviors. Some of the things you listed in the OP could conceivably fit the other types as well. I think with a 2-fix, some part of your identity will revolve around being kind and generous to others, loving, supportive, "there" for people. A shoulder to cry on. I'm not getting the sense from any of your posts that you feel that way, even subconsciously...faking being "nice" doesn't qualify. Part of your image should be pinned on it, as some others have pointed out.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I don't think you're quite 2-fixed then. I would discount the superficial behaviors. Some of the things you listed in the OP could conceivably fit the other types as well. I think with a 2-fix, some part of your identity will revolve around being kind and generous to others, loving, supportive, "there" for people. A shoulder to cry on. I'm not getting the sense from any of your posts that you feel that way, even subconsciously...faking being "nice" doesn't qualify. Part of your image should be pinned on it, as some others have pointed out.
You know what, I may be actually be generous sometimes, towards people I like/find deserving of my generosity. I'm extremely picky though. Also that part of identify sounds very feminine maybe thats why I tend to move away from that.

Btw," faking being nice" caused some misunderstanding. I meant I try to have a "nice" image/persona even if I dont feel like doing it sometimes. Doesnt it automaticly mean some part of my identity revolve around being nice, supportive and all those other adjectives?

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You know what, I may be actually be generous sometimes, towards people I like/find deserving of my generosity. I'm extremely picky though. Also that part of identify sounds very feminine maybe thats why I tend to move away from that.

Btw," faking being nice" caused some misunderstanding. I meant I try to have a "nice" image/persona even if I dont feel like doing it sometimes. Doesnt it automaticly mean some part of my identity revolve around being nice, supportive and all those other adjectives?

or does it mean that I feel compelled to help others instinctively or sth ?

·
Registered
1,636 Posts

or does it mean that I feel compelled to help others instinctively or sth ?
Well not being a 2-fixed 7, I'm not exactly sure about the nuances there. Yes, I could be wrong in my interpretation of faking niceness...I think a better question to ask is, Why do you have a "nice" persona that you uphold, even if you don't feel like it?

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well not being a 2-fixed 7, I'm not exactly sure about the nuances there. Yes, I could be wrong in my interpretation of faking niceness...I think a better question to ask is, Why do you have a "nice" persona that you uphold, even if you don't feel like it?
because ... ehm I think I should behave that way or I'm used to that ? Family values maybe.

Because when you are nice, people also would be nice to you ? At least I expect them to be. Its not calculated as much as my OP made it seem like.

I'm not really sure if I have a definite answer to why, right now. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
because ... ehm I think I should behave that way or I'm used to that ? Family values maybe.

Because when you are nice, people also would be nice to you ? At least I expect them to be. Its not calculated as much as my OP made it seem like.

I'm not really sure if I have a definite answer to why, right now. :rolleyes:
I'd say the important thing is to explore what's been taught to you, and what's a way you naturally feel. I take it that your heart-fix is your last fix? That one's sometimes tricky to find. I think you'll want to examine how much of your way of relating to the outer world depends on being seen as nice, friendly, caring, etc and how much depends on being seen as successful, accomplished, etc. Let me know if you ever come to any conclusions, and by all means share your thoughts with use here.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'd say the important thing is to explore what's been taught to you, and what's a way you naturally feel. I take it that your heart-fix is your last fix? That one's sometimes tricky to find. I think you'll want to examine how much of your way of relating to the outer world depends on being seen as nice, friendly, caring, etc and how much depends on being seen as successful, accomplished, etc. Let me know if you ever come to any conclusions, and by all means share your thoughts with use here.
Yea, its my last fix. I dont really feel strongly about any of them, well, I do actually, I realllyyyyyy hope that 4 is not my heart fix. For some reason, I take it as being doomed for unhappiness and other negative feelings.

I try to behave nice and be respectable however I dont really mind being seen as unhelpful apathetic unsuccessful when push comes to shove. I dont have much concern for my public image. E.g. I dont wanna be seen as clingy but if I'm really bored then I dont mind making calls and attaching myself to some group I dont know much to go outside. They may find it weird but its better than going out alone. Another one, I dont want to be seen as boring but its never important enough to make me do sth I dont want to do.

On the other hand, I pretty much present myself as smart, cool, thoughtful and reasonably fun. Also not someone you wanna mess with.

^^Reminds me I never had nicknames in middle or high school. Almost everyone got one, embrassing ones usually. Noone had called me names. People made fun of each other, I made fun of prople but noone made fun of me. Was I isolated or detached ? No, I was quite popular and talked to everyone actually. Was I indimidating ? I dunno.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Yea, its my last fix. I dont really feel strongly about any of them, well, I do actually, I realllyyyyyy hope that 4 is not my heart fix. For some reason, I take it as being doomed for unhappiness and other negative feelings.

I try to behave nice and be respectable however I dont really mind being seen as unhelpful apathetic unsuccessful when push comes to shove. I dont have much concern for my public image. E.g. I dont wanna be seen as clingy but if I'm really bored then I dont mind making calls and attaching myself to some group I dont know much to go outside. They may find it weird but its better than going out alone. Another one, I dont want to be seen as boring but its never important enough to make me do sth I dont want to do.

On the other hand, I pretty much present myself as smart, cool, thoughtful and reasonably fun. Also not someone you wanna mess with.

^^Reminds me I never had nicknames in middle or high school. Almost everyone got one, embrassing ones usually. Noone had called me names. People made fun of each other, I made fun of prople but noone made fun of me. Was I isolated or detached ? No, I was quite popular and talked to everyone actually. Was I indimidating ? I dunno.
Hmmm, interesting...I'm not sure what to make of it. I'd say, though, that if 4 seems absolutely opposed to your mindset, it probably isn't 4. Rest assured.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts