Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 476 Posts

·
Banned
4,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
ISTP's are known for their one liners, so lets hear em. What is something you've said, are known to say, or have heard someone else say that was clever or blunt?

Example: "Do you feel lucky?" - Clint eastwood

I'll start off with some one liners of my own.

"I like to surround myself with inferior men."

"If you're a civilian and you can't find a mate, you're wrong."

"Chya"

"Naw"

·
Registered
126 Posts
"The rocket scientists come to me for answers"
"That's interesting...and fun at the same time!"
"Let's see what happens here"
"I am a tree"
"Giant Eyeball"
"STUFF" - my general one-line answer when I can't think of the right words and want to make it as blatantly obvious as possible

countless more that would be considered inside jokes, mostly derived from nerdy pop-culture

sometimes I'll try to incorporate a certain phrase intelligently into everything I say. Most memorable one is probably "filet-o-fish"

busting the old Beavis & Butthead jokes provides a good amount of comic relief

...of course, all of these come with full dazzling sound effects for which text can't do justice

·
Registered
456 Posts
"I know"

calmly stated to the passenger in my car after I pull out to join opposing traffic lanes but before he sees the fast moving truck in the last lane I need to pass. As soon as I say this he sees the truck and inhales sharply. He got a kick out of that one.

"trust me"

"What are they gonna do?"

See also: "What are they gonna do? Fire me?" and "What are they gonna do? Fire you?"

:tongue:

·
Registered
5,329 Posts
"I bow to my entp masters"
"ENTPs are so great."
"If it wasn't for ENTPs I wouldn't have been able to build what I'm building"

"Duck"
"Duck"
"Duck"
"Shotgun"

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
See, I know I'm meant to be friends with ISTPs! I say "and stuff" all the time and I say, "That was fun...and informative!" which is a lot like ZaRocks "interesting... and fun"!

Also, after my daughter tells me something she finds annoying about me, I'll say, "You don't have to tell me how lucky you are to know me!" And she gets really mad. :')

Reactions: TheTechMan

·
Registered
273 Posts
"Yeah, we could do that... Or not."

I also hear myself yelling "shut up" a lot, but I have a bunch of little kids....

also when the oldest won't stop tattling:

"Look at my face. Do I look like I care?"

now i sound like a great parent! lol

Yeah. I do the "Is this a caring face?" while pointing at my face.

Reactions: TheTechMan

·
Registered
41 Posts
"The rocket scientists come to me for answers"
"That's interesting...and fun at the same time!"
"Let's see what happens here"
"I am a tree"
"Giant Eyeball"
"STUFF" - my general one-line answer when I can't think of the right words and want to make it as blatantly obvious as possible

countless more that would be considered inside jokes, mostly derived from nerdy pop-culture

sometimes I'll try to incorporate a certain phrase intelligently into everything I say. Most memorable one is probably "filet-o-fish"

busting the old Beavis & Butthead jokes provides a good amount of comic relief

...of course, all of these come with full dazzling sound effects for which text can't do justice
I can, and will, emphatically confirm that he actually uses literally all of these phrases IRL in addition to such classics as "I'LL PLAY YOUR GAME YOU ROGUE" and "Eye is a letter, isn't it?"

·
Registered
547 Posts
I also use that Val Kilmer line from Tombstone a lot.
"I'm your huckleberry" when I'm feeling confrontational. lol

Or the classic "I've got your [insert whatever your antagonist is talking about] right HERE" when I'm irritated.

lol on the "caring face"...my oldest comes to me now and prefaces her tattling with "Do you care if so-and-so is doing xyz?"
:laughing:

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
An ISTP friend says, "You could get killed for doing a lot less, so why not just do it?"

Reactions: hannachi

·
Registered
273 Posts
Another is "why cry? you'll only get wet"

·
Registered
273 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
All the best ISTP one-liners are spontaneous and can only be understood and best appreciated in the moment.
That said, the one (non-humorous) line that my friends always associate with me is : "It is what it is."

1 - 20 of 476 Posts