Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
but F men being competent don't real

and women who aren't ENTJ or INTJ and don't want kids don't real

wake up sheeple.
this is genuinely one of the most stupid things I've ever read and it doesn't dignify the use of correct grammar

There will be people who say you can’t choose who you fall in love with. This is a lie, of course. There are a million people you could fall in love with. If one is impractical, just go find another.

no

·
Cafe Legend and MOTM Jan 2011
15,420 Posts
The author totally forgets to consider things like compatibility, and how disharmony in a marriage will affect the kids if the two people have types that clash. It is as though she thinks marriages are only about balancing the financial situation, and everything else is irrelevant.

Some types really do clash.

Do Opposites Attract? Compatibility and your Myers Briggs Personality Type

We can see that overall, couples find more satisfaction when paired with a similar partner.
• When partners have a Feeling preference in common, this can compensate for differences in other areas, perhaps due to Feelers' inclination to spend more time and energy on their relationships in general.
...yet the author of your article says that in "stay-at-home" situations, F types should pretty much always end up with T types, so that there will be a T breadwinner and an F homemaker. Nevermind the fighting that would cause.

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
I didn't read every single word. Most articles on any blog are going to have some over-simplifications (example: naming types) because it takes that for people to read it and talk about it. When you make a point, of course you are making a point - presenting the side you agree with or presenting one angle you buy into or choose to emphasize.

That being said, I think this is honest, and follows some of my reasoning for not having a family.
Not that I would feel cheated about not having been home with kids - but men who say they want kids often mean they would be happy for you to want to raise children they can enjoy as a side-line activity when it comes to being with the kids or doing any maintenance stuff.

Even If they are super pro-family (guys) - did they ever think about how they could work at home? Did they pick a job they know is "part-time-able"? Like a dental hygenist job would work out part-time - anything like that? Did you ever baby-sit friend's kids with your guy? He likes being thought of as a favorite uncle to his friend's kids but you did all the work?

She's right to say think about these things - and there are plenty of people you could meet to fall in love with if you know what you are looking for and make it a priority to meet people.

I like my work, and the ship has already sailed on having kids. I think the hard thing for many women is to be honest with themselves.

Maybe I'm just old and modern men (of whatever type) are more trainable these days?

·
Registered
456 Posts
But but but... they didn't tell what types the nannies should be! How does one choose a nanny now?! Oh but of course I don't need any nannies, because I'm not xNTJ and I'm a feeler, so I won't be in that category.

·
Registered
5,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
But but but... they didn't tell what types the nannies should be! How does one choose a nanny now?! Oh but of course I don't need any nannies, because I'm not xNTJ and I'm a feeler, so I won't be in that category.
I mean... What about Feeler men?

My Dad has a high-stress executive job and I've met his boss and babysat his kids - he's almost certainly some kind of Fi Dom.

And he's not a freak of nature. If Feeler Men can take over so workplace, why not their vaginally-adorned counterpart?!

Sorry :) I don't mean to sound like I'm yelling at you. I'm just a little intense over here.

·
Registered
689 Posts
I think I can sum up my reaction to this article in one little word:-

No.

If I had more than one word?

That's some seriously stereotypical shizz.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
LOLOLOLOL F women = homemaker

I'm an INFP, squishiest of the squishy, and no way in hell do I want kids and a white picket fence. Ew. I can't even put up with other people's children for more than a couple of hours.

I don't want a full-on ladder-climbing career either, but, umm.... what about a happy medium? Why can't I just do my own working thing and not worry about popping out babies? Why does it have to be homemaker or breadwinner? >_<

·
Registered
4,270 Posts

I know, John.

It does seem to be stupid rather than joking.
IKR? I clicked with stiil some hope for humanity.

---

My opinion?

It's so so stupid, that it reaches the milestone of bothersome, passes it, then becomes boring. It actually drains all the energy off of me.

I'll go to sleep now. :bored:

·
Registered
9,085 Posts
If you are on the fence about this, here’s a good way to get off the fence: if you’re not an INTJ or an ENTJ you probably won’t be able to compartmentalize enough at work to choose this scenario. You will feel bad about not being with your kids. You cannot control this. It’s how women are wired. I’m sorry. INTJ is the most uncommon score for a woman. ENTJ is the second most uncommon. You can look around at all the big job, high-powered women and see that almost all of them have one of these scores. Sometimes an ENFJ slips in, but they are tortured and don’t last. The F kills them. They feel bad that they are not fulfilling their duty as parents. It’s not peer pressure, it’s internal pressure. It’s how an ENFJ is wired.
I was abou to say that I actually must be an ENTJ or an INTJ according to this, but then I read on. Apparently I am falling just into the projected plan, with me shirking my F at first. I'll tearfully fall back into it shortly. It's just how I'm wired.

Reactions: Fern and ElliCat

·
Registered
5,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
It does seem to be stupid rather than joking.
I didn't mean laugh like it was an intentional joke :p

I meant laugh like it was a terrible haircut.

I was abou to say that I actually must be an ENTJ or an INTJ according to this, but then I read on. Apparently I am falling just into the projected plan, with me shirking my F at first. I'll tearfully fall back into it shortly. It's just how I'm wired.
Yes, the bad bad system will eventually crush you, for you are far to delicate to handle paperwork and pragmatism!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts