Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(continued from more or less here: http://personalitycafe.com/entj-for...ality-type-sincerely-personality-type-32.html)

Umm...I didn't do it.

*ducks*

I know, I know...can I start tomorrow? I just need this evening to recharge myself and I swear I'll get on it tomorrow!

JJ Yossarian said:
I could issue you a challenge and then attempt to browbeat you into feeling guilty, using my workout schedule as an example...

But wait! That's not how I am supposed to communicate with ENFP's, is it? hahahah See, I AM learning... Maybe there is hope... hahaha
And JJ Yossarian, that woudn't scare this ENFP! Actually, I would want to hear about your workout minus the browbeating and guilt. It would drive me to compete with you :)
Okay... here's what I do... try to keep up. (as little browbeating guilt as I can manage)

Monday - 60+ minutes - Stretching, Moderate cardio, High rep, low weight circuit (recovery day)
Tuesday - 60+ minutes - Stretching, Weights - Arms, Chest, Shoulders, Core. Evening 5k, <20 minutes
Wednesday - 60+ minutes - Stretching, Weights - Legs, Core
Thursday - 60+ minutes - Stretching, Weights - Arms, Chest, Shoulders, Core. Evening 5k, <20 minutes
Friday - 60+ minutes - Stretching, Moderate cardio, High rep, low weight circuit (recovery day)
Saturday - 180 minutes - Heaviest lifts of the week, circuit training morning. 120 minutes - alernating weeks Tai Chi or Mixed Martial Arts cage sparring afternoon.
Sunday - 120 minutes, - Heavy weights, circuit training morning. 120 minutes - Tai Chi afternoon.

·
Registered
4,683 Posts
Omg I cannot believe you made an entire thread about it! Hahahahaha! Unfortunately, I fear you put it in the wrong forum...I kinda need the ENTJ's to kick my ass into gear. The ENFP's will be too easy on me ;)

And btw, I'm not doing your routine...you win :tongue:

I usually do elliptical and Pilates, but I would really like to do more aggressive muscle toning.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
I'm sure you have good results, but it seems excessive.... here's hoping you enjoy it, that's quite a bit of time gone. (Not to say I'm against exercise... alternate days perhaps)

Reactions: Mr Canis

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Come on!!!!! YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!! Yes let's go!!!!! TIME TO GET PUMPED!!!!!!! I for one am AMPED UP!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!! WOAH BABY!!!!!!!

Edit-I changed my mood from "apathetic" to "awesome" just for this thread. Because the whole purpose of motivational speaking is to show people how awesome you are and how lame they are.

·
Registered
3,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Omg I cannot believe you made an entire thread about it! Hahahahaha! Unfortunately, I fear you put it in the wrong forum...I kinda need the ENTJ's to kick my ass into gear. The ENFP's will be too easy on me ;)

And btw, I'm not doing your routine...you win :tongue:

I usually do elliptical and Pilates, but I would really like to do more aggressive muscle toning.
I debated the ENTJ forum, but figured we could start here and see what kind of support you got. I didn't actually figure you would want to keep up... hence the comment about challenges and browbeating... you know the old saying, right? "Anything worth doing is worth overdoing". Or maybe that is a new saying... either way, yeah, it's kind of the way I end up doing things... all or nothing :)

-scratches head-

Wow! You put my riding bike to work, go to yoga twice a week self to shame.
Not it the slightest. I have this minor "Type A", ENTJ, Type 8 streak in me that make me want to see things through to a logical conclusion. I have been treating this as a science experiment so see just what I can make this old body do... ;)

Remember, no matter how slow you go, you are lapping everyone on the couch :)

·
Registered
3,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm sure you have good results, but it seems excessive.... here's hoping you enjoy it, that's quite a bit of time gone. (Not to say I'm against exercise... alternate days perhaps)
Perhaps, but I have the time, the energy and inclination. Not saying that it's right for anyone else. :) I DO enjoy it, a lot :)

·
Registered
4,683 Posts
I debated the ENTJ forum, but figured we could start here and see what kind of support you got. I didn't actually figure you would want to keep up... hence the comment about challenges and browbeating... you know the old saying, right? "Anything worth doing is worth overdoing". Or maybe that is a new saying... either way, yeah, it's kind of the way I end up doing things... all or nothing :)
Every single ENTJ I personally know is "all or nothing" haha!

·
Registered
4,683 Posts

Go exercise! >:D
The other day I was struck by sudden inspiration to go running even though I hated running. It felt pretty good to get off the computer. Go~ go~ YOU CAN DO IT! Do it or I'll... do terrible things to you!
Yes, I have slacked way too much! I used to get on it almost every day for at least 45 mins. I need to get back in the habit, especially because I need the energy it gives me. Thankfully, these ENTJ's are not about to let me off the hook easily, haha!

·
Registered
3,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You always have the best quotes. :]
Thank you! I consider that to be a huge compliment. Quotes and song lyrics have always resonated with me. I was the kid in sixth grade, you know the one, who read Bartlett's Familiar Quotations from cover to cover.

·
Registered
3,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes, I have slacked way too much! I used to get on it almost every day for at least 45 mins. I need to get back in the habit, especially because I need the energy it gives me. Thankfully, these ENTJ's are not about to let me off the hook easily, haha!
Once you bootstrap/kickstart/prime the process, it feeds on itself. You feel better, so you do more, then you feel even better... Lather, rinse, repeat...

·
Banned
2,984 Posts
I would really like to do more aggressive muscle toning.
Although I know what you meant, and you may be fully aware of this, I'd just like to point out to others who are not so well informed that there isn't really any such thing as 'toning' a muscle. It just doesn't exist. I blame media and stupid adverts for that term.

Muscles grow and get smaller. That's all they do. Making a muscle 'show' more either means:
a) Stimulating it so it grows
b) Losing body fat so that the muscle is more visible.

Other than that, get working! :laughing:

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
You almost Had me motivated but not quite. I'm still pissed that it was my only day to sleep in and my 11 year old called me and woke me up. My ENTJ child, as a matter of fact, to make sure I submitted her paper into the contest because today is the deadline. God help me. And here I'm reading about 60 minutes of exercise, did I read that right? Or do I still need to inhale a pot of coffee and reread that. That's a lot! Lol :)

·
Registered
4,683 Posts
You almost Had me motivated but not quite. I'm still pissed that it was my only day to sleep in and my 11 year old called me and woke me up. My ENTJ child, as a matter of fact, to make sure I submitted her paper into the contest because today is the deadline. God help me. And here I'm reading about 60 minutes of exercise, did I read that right? Or do I still need to inhale a pot of coffee and reread that. That's a lot! Lol :)
You want motivation? Head over to the ENTJ forum and take a gander at the accountability thread :)

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Hey bud, this happens. I bet you'll get over it sooner or later. ;-)

·
Registered
4,683 Posts
Although I know what you meant, and you may be fully aware of this, I'd just like to point out to others who are not so well informed that there isn't really any such thing as 'toning' a muscle. It just doesn't exist. I blame media and stupid adverts for that term.

Muscles grow and get smaller. That's all they do. Making a muscle 'show' more either means:
a) Stimulating it so it grows
b) Losing body fat so that the muscle is more visible.

Other than that, get working! :laughing:
Yes, I actually have read this before. I just prefer to use the term "tone" rather than "build" because people tend to associate the word build and women with manliness. I don't want to be a body builder, I just want to be...toned :p

I've already lost the fat. I lost 50 lbs when I was done having babies. Now I want to "build" muscle...but moderately :)

·
Registered
3,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
There's a lot of differing opinions about how long, how much, etc. Bah... everyone will find numbers that work for them. My general rule of thumb is:

"Move more today than you moved yesterday".

If you keep doing that honestly, you will eventually find your own level and will be happier and more productive than with some artificial number. Even it only means one extra stair or one minute of walking in place at your desk, it will add up over time.

Any movement is good movement. Push yourself to the edge of your comfort range, then expand it slowly. That reduces the chances of injury and makes it a lot less stress. Those edges and numbers are different for all of us.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts