Personality Cafe banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
I dont subscribe to the symbolism at all. My results are purely factual

0. The writer of this story who seems to have no compunction at all to order the deaths of defenceless fictional characters in the name of a dubious social experiment. And not just once but repeated thousands of times in the minds of countless readers.

1. assassin - whatever you say, the guy who ultimately pulls the trigger is the one responsible.

2. wife - although technically that is a suicide by stupidity. Every other option would have been better than running across that bridge. Death is the one thing that can not be healed.

3. The lover. Obviously to him the wife was no more than a sex doll. And clearly one that had outlived its usefulness.

4. The boatman. Assuming his prices really were too high in an objective sense.

5. Hubby. If we were discussing who was responsible for the inevitable divorce he would be on top of the list. But this is no divorce, its an act of murder to which as far as we know hubby was not a party.

·
MOTM Nov 2010
10,402 Posts
If we are actually playing judge or jury shouldn't we be examining tangible evidence? Is there any? Everything is circumstantial. Gaw!!!

I hate this. I just came back from court today so it's hard not to take everything so literal and not see the flaws in this game. Too much court has ruined me!! :confused:

Anyway, shouldn't the assassin be the only one on trial? And why exactly is the assassin the alleged assassin? And how did anyone else even become a suspect? How the hell did the dead victim become a suspect in her own death??? Is there other evidence suggesting it was a suicide??????

That being said, here's a list of people I think are bad to stupid to not guilty:
Assassin (Bad)
Lover (Bad)
Wife (Stupid)
Boat Dude (Not guilty)
Husband (Not guilty)

And here's a list of what is important to me:
Sex
Drugs
Rock -n-Roll
(Haha. Kidding. I don't do drugs but I do drink beer and wine.) :tongue:

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Does anyone else get this distinct Japanese feel when reading this story? I reads almost like a page out of the life of Miyamoto Musashi. I could practically picture that bridge and the woman running across it in my mind.

Its the power of fate and inevitability.
The way the story ends is not what is important and as so often in Japanese stories it is not a happy ending, but the lessons we can learn from it are at the heart.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts