Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so I obviously don't have Ni, but yearn to understand it. Ni users see all of these patterns and hidden meanings, but yet somehow can't describe them in words. So I thought to myself, "Okay, so how about I create a thread where the user above posts a picture, and the Ni user below, interprets in the image above and says what the hidden meaning/meanings behind it are/could be?"

So those are the rules of this thread: The above user will post a picture image, and the Ni user below will explain what they believe what the hidden meaning(s) behind the picture are. Also, you can also post poems, youtube videos, poems or whatever. The basic principle of this thread is to help non-Ni users to be able to understand Ni-based thinking. So I'll begin: What hidden meanings could this picture have....

·
Registered
593 Posts
She's had a rough day and wants to relax. However, she also has some kind of event coming up, so in the picture she's checking what the time is. The event is something which needs attention, like a date or a meeting.

·
Banned
3,145 Posts
I thought I see a glisten just right below her left nostril - tear perhaps. Maybe she's thinking of a lost love or a regret about things she could have done differently when she was younger. There's also a forlorn, distant look in her face too.

·
Banned
3,025 Posts
She looks utterly miserable. I think she's been crying, at the very least (her eyes are full of tears, and she looks like she has one running down the side of her face), and she's trying to forget about something terrible that just happened. Maybe it's a bad breakup, some trouble at work, family trouble... but one thing is for certain, this is not a happy person in the picture.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Oh let me play too! *invades Ni clubhouse*
I think the picture is about self-delusion:
- she seems to be naked, like she's in a sauna or just out of the shower/pool or something (edit: I just realised she's totally taking a bath)... anyway, she's exposed
- light represents truth, knowledge, revelation
- the picture doesn't show us what she's looking at, but focuses on what she's looking away from

·
Banned
2,233 Posts
There is a tinge of hopelessness in her eyes. Emptiness. Refusal to go on.
But a frightening determination paces throughout as well.
She is staring intently at a razor blade deliberately placed on the counter.

Death--suicide--is the endgame.

·
Registered
9,800 Posts
Oh, can Ne play too ;)

She just had a fight with her SO, taking a bath in deep introspection of what part she played in the disagreement.
The more she thinks it could be her fault, the more she cries. Her SO is standing in the doorway watching her
as she becomes more and more vulnerable. She can't look at him, the hurt is too deep.

·
Registered
4,583 Posts
Gah. My Se is rebelling whenever I try to think of something. My first thought was that it's just a woman sitting in a bath and looking to her side. With a candle as light.

Anyway, back on topic... I think she has a really bad day coming up tomorrow and she's trying to forget it by sinking into the water and surrounding herself with gentle candlelight. But she can't stop thinking into the future and she's looking to her side as if she's trying to look out for tomorrow, as if it's a living being that's coming to take her away?

Also, the light behind her is heart shaped. Maybe she's trying to forget someone she's still in love with?

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
the picture is a sign signifying the death of a Christian's belief in jesus their savior. the girl represents a Christian victim who has forgotten about jesus, despite the light behind her, she's blind. she's in tears, as she's lost in life. she feels something missing. everything is so hot around her, which explains why the orange-red vibe is there. everything is hot, and it explains that touching the heat will make her jump/startle and stay away from it. she wants to stay away from everything. she cannot see the light that's beckoning her. the nudity represents her lack of self-esteem and confidence. something is missing -- her god, the light behind her

i'm not a Christian. i'm just damn tired right now lol.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Answer this question: Can't anyone create a narrative that accompanies a picture? Doesn't every human being have the ability to look and read what someone is likely thinking? What the hell does Ni have to do with it?

No disrespect to Ni.

·
Banned
5,240 Posts
*laughs at elephant until something comes to her*

The man and woman are in some sort of relationship. There is an elephant in the room, however: Something that one or both of them is avoiding. Perhaps not everything is as it seems with this couple.

Also, is it just me, or is the elephant molesting the woman with its trunk? O_O

...Do I have to post something now, or should I wait?

·
Registered
17,819 Posts
See ... something inherent nagged at me to check the source of the image: http : // www. magforwomen.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/top-breakup-lines-and-their-real-meanings.jpg

^^The URL indicates where this magazine article came from. Then .. I went ahead and read the magazine article and tried to put together reasons for why the author chose to use that particular picture in the first place ... what is the author really trying to communicate? What sort of emotions is the author trying to appeal to? Is the image giving her article more, or less authenticity ... who's the target audience? What's the mass appeal of selection of an image of a half-crying woman in a bath-tub?

Based on that, I decided that ok ... this is an article about breakups --- so basically the image has been chosen to invoke the reader's empathy in several ways ...

1) The author wants the readers to relate this image to themselves as the bathtub is a common place for depressed women [and men] to "escape" in their time of depression. As I was thinking about that, the idea that something about running water mimicking tears that help tears flow came to mind which helped me understand better to myself perhaps why men and women find it easier to cry in the shower.

2) The author wanted to create an overall mood / setting for her article in the mind of the reader. A reader whose empathy has just been invoked may be more likely to accept what's written with a more open mind.

For me .. that's how Ni worked ... dunno about others. I used a focused approach to work backwards and for some reason, the source of the image and its use was more important to me than the woman in the image itself :p

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Okay, so I obviously don't have Ni, but yearn to understand it. Ni users see all of these patterns and hidden meanings, but yet somehow can't describe them in words. So I thought to myself, "Okay, so how about I create a thread where the user above posts a picture, and the Ni user below, interprets in the image above and says what the hidden meaning/meanings behind it are/could be?"
How certain are you (and others) that this will bring up Ni? And how certain are you about being able to discern Ne from Ni? What about bias, like T/F influences? Not a point of criticism, mind you, genuine curiosity - I want to be in on the 'know'. :3

Having said that...

(ignoring the web address)

This lady might have gone through a break-up, but she isn't particularly overcome by sadness at this point, even though the tear may imply sadness. The tear may not even be a tear, given the water drops right above her collarbone - perhaps she just took a plunge before posing. She seems more like bitter than sad. Perhaps she had been cheated upon. Revenge is on her mind. The following may be influenced by my screen's settings: The orange/red tones seem out of sync with her thoughts/feelings, imo, unless the red is meant to represent anger, which I think is a too light of shade of red for that expression. It is funny how the area of light gives off a light purple. Bad photoshop skills, or a missed detail. Perhaps an app like Instagram? Also, I can't tell for sure if that light is meant to have a heart-shape or not. Is it a candle behind her right shoulder? Is the area to the bottom-left of the heart-shape-like light meant to represent a dripping into the candle? Like the heart is melting/dripping/emptying? The walls of this bathroom are definitely not like my choice for walls for a bathroom - I'd prefer tiles, which makes me wonder, is this her bathroom, or is it maybe someone else's, like a motel/hotel? Are the walls meant to look plain to signify emptiness? Is her hair died blonde? Also, she seems to put quite some effort into making her head rest on the wall for this picture, given the wrinkles on the left side of her throat.

On overall, I can see how this picture is meant to resemble a woman after a break-up, but I think it could have been done better. Whom is this picture meant for? It seems to set a mood, more than it is supposed to make people relate with the lady.

(I'm guessing a lot of Se in my attempt? Fail! xD )

A chamber of curiosities and mythical things. Astrology, love, failed attempt at making a perpetuum mobile device, and an elephant with a devilish look in his eyes (which I would have, should I be locked up in a room like this). This room is someone's secret room, hidden in a corner of the left brain, like a guilty pleasure. The elephant has small ears, I think too small for Asian elephants.

I dno why, but I have a lot less to say on this one.

Next up:

(BTW, similar thread for Ne here: http://personalitycafe.com/infp-for...-me-your-ne-extraverted-intuition-please.html)

·
Banned
2,458 Posts
Everybody is only human. The world is not run by mysterious powers. Anything is possible.

·
Registered
5,517 Posts
deleted double post

·
Registered
5,517 Posts
First thing I thought of was that she looks like she's been through hell because it's been rough at the prison or mental institution. Then looking closer I realized it's a candle that's creating that weird looking light which makes it not so interesting now.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts