Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Banned
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
lol okay you don't have to get into how you feel but I was wondering: what are some of the meanest things you've been told straight to your face? Mean = hurt your feelings real bad.

·
Banned
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lmao! i was going to say "you're gonna have to do more than that to get me away from that button" but i don't want to give any moderator any ideas lol.
ah well.

·
Registered
420 Posts
You're fucking weird

and

Grow up and pull your head out of your ass

Always enjoy it when someone discovers who I actually am and treats me with the utmost respect :dry:

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
"you're retarded."
That always extremly hurts me when I hear it. Any other insult I can get over, but that irks me.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
Hrm,

Mother saying
- I wish you were never born.
- I wish you were dead.

Virtually anything my much older brother says, nothing stands out.

Generally I'm sensitive to family, but fortunately I've matured enough that it doesn't phase me anymore. I'm reasonably confident with who I am now. Sticks and stones?

·
Banned
7,289 Posts
People don't say such things about me since I've arrived in adult life.

As a defense mechanism, I generally keep my distance from people. If you don't like a person and keep a far distance, then they'll never bother to say anything hurtful. Generally, people say hurtful things to those they are close to. I choose who I am close to, and wont be close with people who say such things.

Also, as INFP's you guys are likely to take comments out of proportion and view them as assaults against your values. Also, I noticed with the INFP in my life, that certain types of people really *hate* her. I can't figure out why, either. I guess they like to project certain qualities onto her that she doesn't possess. She will sometimes be perceived as something she's not, and hated for it. I'm not sure if that's an INFP trait.

·
Banned
7,289 Posts
Oh wait, here's the most hurtful thing ever said to me...

"Things wont work out between us anymore. I'm sorry, but if I tell you, you promise not to get angry? ... I went out with another guy and I think I love him, I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to hurt you."

My ex-fiance told me that.

Reactions: ForsakenMe

·
Registered
4,339 Posts
Things that were mean and had a negative impact on me.

When I was in third grade a kid I had a huge crush on said:
"If you lost weight you would be cute,cuter than (insert pretty girl everyone wanted name here)"

THAT statement made me not want to loose weight for while it made me rebel and made me have a horrible
self-image for years(about ten) and he has no idea because he moved shorty from our school I've never seen him again I want to and
I want to punch him in the fukcing face.

Then the guy best friend the one that knew me and the only person i've ever loved
"You're the most fucked up girl I've ever met"

This shattered me. I still think about it,I can't get close to people I'm scared now they'll all think the same thing.
He knew me. Yes he later did apologize to me but it still hurts I still cry over this statement I mean he was everything to me I just I cant explain how much he hurt my heart.

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
"You need to go get fixed."
"You don't love me because if you did you'd tell me how much you love me all the time."
"You are just like your mother."
:angry:

Reactions: Lad

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Hey. If I say something hurtful to you lot, promise you'll tell me I'm being an idiot. I never think that insults like that are going to hurt people, and if they're the silently angry type, I might not realise I've hurt them until it's too late to apologize. Be upfront. You're only hurting yourself if you keep quiet!

·
Registered
130 Posts
I apolgize for saying this, but I don't think we can do that, sure we'll try, but in the end we'll probably end up feeling like we're being too judgemental and rude. Besides you said "you lot", couldn't you have said something more neutral like "you guys"? I'm sorry if I make you upset, but I'm telling you the way I feel here. Some of us are more sensitive than you are, and we can't all be blunt the way you can, so next time try to be a little nicer, okay?

·
Banned
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey. If I say something hurtful to you lot, promise you'll tell me I'm being an idiot. I never think that insults like that are going to hurt people, and if they're the silently angry type, I might not realise I've hurt them until it's too late to apologize. Be upfront. You're only hurting yourself if you keep quiet!
I don't know about other INFPs but I sure don't often verbalize that their little remark hurt my feelings. That just causes more negative energy between the two of us and it does not make me feel any better.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
I apolgize for saying this, but I don't think we can do that, sure we'll try, but in the end we'll probably end up feeling like we're being too judgemental and rude. Besides you said "you lot", couldn't you have said something more neutral like "you guys"? I'm sorry if I make you upset, but I'm telling you the way I feel here. Some of us are more sensitive than you are, and we can't all be blunt the way you can, so next time try to be a little nicer, okay?
Okay...so "you lot" is too...blunt? Got it. I meant for the post to come off as light-hearted, like a very clumsy person trying to work out these 'feeling thingies or whatever', but I guess different types read things in a different way.

Your response didn't upset me at all. I was a little surprised at how you interpreted my word choice, but it's really very useful to know these things. In many ways, I envy you feelers for being so good at...feelings! Having such a great range of emotions must make life interesting!
:laughing:
Having your thinking head on 24/7 can be really restricting at times.

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
I appreciate this statement.... Over time I've realized how over-sensitive I used to be and yet I never bothered to tell anybody when they hurt my feelings. I would be upset and they'd be none the wiser. So really the only person suffering was me. It damages relationships...as much as we'd love for other people to be mind readers and magically know when they've hurt our feelings it just doesn't work that way. Not easy for most INFP's....but definitely something we need to develop if we want the best out of our relationships with people.

Reactions: feefafo

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
I don't know about other INFPs but I sure don't often verbalize that their little remark hurt my feelings. That just causes more negative energy between the two of us and it does not make me feel any better.
Really? That's interesting. Although I might not say it straight away (especially if they didn't make the comment to hurt me on purpose), I'll always try to talk about it. Not that I'm easily offended most of the time. Usually, comments like, "You're an idiot" or, "You're a fat, ugly bitch" don't bother me. It's when people say, "Nobody even cares what you think, so you might as well shut up and do it my way" that I REALLY get mad.

If I was talking to a person I didn't know very well and I said something that offended them, I'd appreciate being told that they didn't really like my comment. I get to know how sensitive they are and I'll try to stop myself from saying something stupid again. Oh, and I'll always apologise! Being an INTP doesn't mean I don't care if people get hurt - I'm just not very good at working out people's feelings. Honestly, I want everyone to feel comfortable!

I can usually tell when I've offended a friend or when they're in a good mood and some gentle ribbing is okay.

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Is actually a fantastic album

I hate it when people accuse me of things I'm not. That's only for short term though, because I know it's not true and then I feel bad for the person lacking insight.

Reactions: feefafo

·
Registered
417 Posts
I'm cocooned in my own little school life of protection from the big bad business world. But you know what should be invented? A lazar that shoots anyone with tickles until they laugh till they die if they're a bully.

"You're emo"
Me: "AM NOT" (Draws on self with Exact-o-knife)

Just kidding. A body is pure, and should not be marred by self harm or injuries, as if lowers the value and shows ingratitude to the wonderful bodies we have been gifted with.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts