Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heyheyhey, so I was thinking about dyeing my hair, possibly a dark blue. It would be something that differentiates me from the crowd, and it'd look cool too. This summer I just think I've turned into a different person and found out more about myself, so I want my hair to reflect that positive change. It also just sounds fun, as I've never changed my hair color before (and I okayed it with my boss, so nothing to lose), and I love trying out new things. And it got me thinking, who'd be the most likely to dye their hair unnatural colors? I'd guess xNFPs, and I kinda envision INFPs being all individualistic and wanting to know their true beliefs yadda yadda, but not necessarily voicing them, and since this is an active little community I could finally prod reasons out of 'em, so what I'm getting at is this:

Does your hair color and/or style reflect something about you?

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
I have never dyed my hair, and I probably never will.

(I don't have anything against it. I just don't want any other color than what I have.)

·
Subterranean Homesick Alien
11,928 Posts
I've been thinking for a long time about dyeing my hair dark purple or dark blue. I'm not sure when exactly I'm gonna do it :crazy:

Reactions: Goosefish

·
Registered
177 Posts
Never dyed my hair if I had to i'd either dye it even daker with a hint of red or just dye my hair dark red or dark blue since they're my favourite colours. I haven't been to the hairdresser in 9 months and I have the hair that means you should go every month or so, i'm so lazy..

Reactions: yourstruly

·
Registered
751 Posts
My hair is an enormous mound of brown fluff. It is often heavy and it often daunts others. At its worst it could resemble in devastation a nuclear explosion which went off inside an enormous brown and fluffy forest.

I wouldn't dye it though. I don't know a single colour I could dye it, which one could best define me? Probably dark blue for few days when I would wash it out.

·
Registered
375 Posts
So this is an invitation to share with absolute candidness my views on dying hair and what I do with my hair?

First of all, I do not like dyed hair, and I wouldn't dye mine, but I do not judge the people who do it. I only wish I could see their natural hair color instead. When I was a teenager I mulled the idea over, because, well, I wanted people to notice me, and I hadn't developed the confidence in letting my personality be the initial attraction. If I dyed my hair, I was hoping people would see it and think, "His hair is blue, that's unique/cool, I wonder why?" I didn't dye it, though, and I lost the desire to do so.

Since then I've developed a hunger for and appreciation for the pristine and the natural. My first inclinations as a teenager were, "How can I change myself to be more interesting, attractive, and likeable?" Now I view it as, "How can I come to understand and fully appreciate who I really am, the way I am, and see the same for others?" I don't take it so far as to say that I can't adopt a style for myself and express through it, but I look for ways to amplify the appearance I already have, not to actually alter it or distract from my natural state. There's something very attractive to me about a person who embraces their natural appearance and exudes it with confidence.

As far as INFPs being the ones to do this...I'm not sure. Probably some do, more often in the teens and early 20's, but I have an inkling that many other INFPs, like me, experience a call back to the raw and natural. I think the ISFPs are actually more likely to dye their hair, for they are more likely to see their body or hair as a palatte and canvas.

Please, no one misinterpret my statements to say that I have anything against people who dye hair. I am merely sharing my personal taste and experience, not saying everyone else's motives would parallel my own.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Style to me means a lot...

however, like matchbook i prefer genuine. I have a general dislike for "fake". I definitely would prefer to see your natural hair color...but i have nothing against dying it unless its solely for attention...which usually shows.

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
I've dyed my hair black a couple of times. First time I dyed it was kinda impulsive which is nothing for me really, but it did suite me quite well. Looked natural, although I'm naturally blond. It was fun 5 years ago when I was 18 and while it lasted, not anymore. It was just about looking different; curious about how it would look.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I've considered dying it. Always thought dark blue or green hair would just be awesome to have. Perhaps even purple, who knows. As it stands, I love my hair longer, but my hairline makes that not work out so well -being about 1.5 inches higher than the norm and probably receding despite me being only 18 :sad:- But hey, facial hair is always an option.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
I actually like dyed hair, like crazy dyed hair like purple,green, blue ect... I just love it but I don't do it to my hair even if I sometimes wanted to. I have actually ordered an appointment in a salon to dye my hair green (fav color) but when the hairdresser got almost heart attack because of it I just told her I was joking -_-

I have almost always had the same hairstyle, I rarely change it. I have never had long hair. When I was young I was a tomboy and had a really short hair... like a boy hairstyle and you couldn't tell if I was a boy or a girl, then I grew my hair out a bit and stayed like that for few years and now I am back with short hair, but I don't have a boyish haircut now.

I don't do much with it, it just hangs there most of the time on my head, I just comp it in the morning, put a headband on or a bow or something and walk out the door. May hair is really puffy and big and wavy and fun, well most of the time anyway.

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
I've been blonde, red, brown, black...and umm... just varicolored. :crazy:
And hmm... I guess it shows my openness to new things...and how changing I am..
Right now I'm all natural though. I'm even myself surprised about that. :shocked::laughing:

·
Registered
127 Posts
My friend has jokingly called my hair "Generic protagonist hair". Ive just got some medium length slightly auburn colored hair. I never really do much to it, I could never really settle on a style I wanted so I just leave it be. Dying it would be quite a leap for me but it would be interesting... hm... I would upload a picture but I just now realized I have no recent pictures of me! Have I really not been in a photo for that long?

·
Banned
2,025 Posts
When I was 12, I briefly styled it with product. The first led me to ridicule, then I switched to spray, which I probably stopped because it was disgusting.

Looking back on my school days and hair prime, I wish I'd been more creative with it. There was someone on the bus with a mohawk, and I thought that was cool, but not for me. What for me? I don't know. I think unusual colors can look cool (and that generic bottle blonde on women is deplorable), but just the thought of the attention makes me uncomfortable. Besides, my hair has always been close to the ideal, so other than trying to tame it, there's been no reason to do much with it. Are we going to uncover any INFPs who have tried to make their hair into the popular style of the day?

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
I had:

- Copper streaks in my really dark brown hair.
- Dyed the streaks a more reddish color.
- Went back to my natural color.
- Lightened to a dramatic light golden brown.
- Had a temporary dark red rinse.
- Jet black.
- Grew out and then attempted to dye it to a dark golden brown with success.
- Am now growing it out.

All in the span of 5 years. :crazy: Maybe I should go au natural now...

·
Registered
1,793 Posts

Holy crap face on fire! (sunlight >.< )

I have had my hair Red, Jet-black and Raven. On this picture it's normal colour but my hair is a mess since it needs a cut and I can't be bothered. :tongue: Don't worry, I usually move it out of my face ^^

My hair used to be naturally white when I was younger but went brown some reason.

·
Banned
2,025 Posts
That's a cool look.

If you mean it used to be whitish-blonde, hair naturally darkens up to early adulthood.

·
Registered
375 Posts
This is my hair...how it would appear if it were being worn by a bull.

It's actually more of a dark blonde, but I wanted to make it a slightly more complementary color for the bull here.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Ive always had really thick, curly hair, and despite it being quite unmanagable somedays, Ive always had it quite long. Im not really sure why - perhaps a combo of having something to hide behind, likeing being able to feel the wind in my hair, and also when I was younger I was quite a big child so having big hair made my head seem more in proportion to my body... or something. *cough*

However, I have never really used product (I have always appreciated a natural aesthetic), but if I were to dye my hair I would quite like to go white or grey. It would probably look terrible in real life, but in my mind it looks awsome.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts