Personality Cafe banner

41 - 60 of 518 Posts

·
Banned
8,898 Posts
That quote demonstrates two things, a lot of Ni and a very strong grasp of ethics, both Fi and Fe. He starts by introducing a highly symbolic scenario and then uses it to make a complicated argument about ethics from the perspectives of both individuals and society as a whole, what he wants and what is right for everybody. It's a good example of a highly intelligent IEI talking about a subject they're very good at.
The part in bold is what I've been mulling over, because he seems to come across as a logical type by virtue of his intelligence. I've seen him typed LIE more often than IEI, for example. He always seemed a bit more romantic to me. Thank you for the response.

·
Registered
18,511 Posts
Throwing it out there, but what about creating a wikia list for this? A lot of celebrities keep popping up anyway, so it's good to have something like that to point to since "what is x's type" is a recurring subject. It could easily be maintained by the community. (it would also be interesting to see how much we'd disagree with other similar lists over time. Also, my Te likes lists.)

·
Registered
994 Posts
I'm so curious about what you guys think of Serj Tankian. (Seeing as it's in the typing forum as well.)

I think he's probably an Alpha, but I could be biased. Beta seems just as likely, really.

I always found System of the Down to be rather appealing in general, as well as Tankian.

But, their music videos appear to deal in a lot more Ni.

I do think that he's Fe-valuing, though, at least.
I think hes Ni-EIE. Don't ask me why though. :p

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
ILE. He uses Fe too much to be suggestive. Also the way he creates these absurd scenarios points to stronger Ne. I also think that his attitude is very typical for Fi polr, and he's essentially mocking Fi sense of identity in this clip.

Compare to Jim Carrey that's like the ILE humor archetype along with Weird Al Yankovic, and both definitely qualify on this list.
Id say he is the same type as Kevin Spacey. :) Very cool analysis of you, I think it was quite interesting what you said about him 'mocking Fi sense of identity'.

·
Registered
490 Posts
@Zamyatin
I think this clip might help in typing Christopher Hitchens.

LSE(Hitchens) vs SLE(Donahue):
Notice how Hitchens turns to using Fi when his factual arguments doesn't bite, and Donahue turns to Fe when Hitchens is not intimidated by his Se or nitpicking of facts.

I'd also like to put a disclaimer and say that Bill Donahue is not the best example of an SLE, since he doesn't seem very intelligent, and therefore doesn't utilize his Ti well.(Not talking about his religious opinions) The point is however the contrast between the two.

·
Registered
16 Posts
A real man is one who remembers a lady’s birthday, but never knows how old she is. A man who never remembers her birthday, but knows exactly how old she is, - is her husband. Faina Ranevskaya

·
Spotlight March 2016
8,193 Posts
A real man is one who remembers a lady’s birthday, but never knows how old she is. A man who never remembers her birthday, but knows exactly how old she is, - is her husband. Faina Ranevskaya
Damn. We need a quotation-of-the-day thread now?

.. Nah. :kitteh:

·
Registered
18,511 Posts
Ok, this is extremely rough, but here's the wikia, and I threw up all the entries we somewhat agree on in this thread, plus a couple I'm fairly certain of but didn't mention: Socionics typings Wikia

@Word Dispenser @Zamyatin @Verity @To_august

Not sure who else would have interest in this kind of thing. You need to register to edit wikia entries. I think I can promote people to admin roles if you notify me about it.

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
Ok, this is extremely rough, but here's the wikia, and I threw up all the entries we somewhat agree on in this thread, plus a couple I'm fairly certain of but didn't mention: Socionics typings Wikia

@Word Dispenser @Zamyatin @Verity @To_august

Not sure who else would have interest in this kind of thing. You need to register to edit wikia entries. I think I can promote people to admin roles if you notify me about it.
Are not Gordon Ramsay LSI? Anyhow cool initiative.

·
Spotlight March 2016
8,193 Posts
No wai, he is totally ESI. Probably. I mean.. FI-SE. RAAAAH.

Oh wait, typed as SLE? Odd. Possible, but odd.

·
Registered
18,511 Posts
Seen the argument but I think he's too focused on efficiency. If you watch his cooking videos for people who want to be able to cook quick meals, e.g. this series:

LSIs wouldn't be so concerned about efficiency as this guy. Seems to come very natural to him that makes far more sense for Te demonstrative than ignoring. I also always got the impression he was more action-oriented and leaving and having an impact. He's probably an SLE-Ti though.

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
I wanted to argue some Delta typings, but forgot what they were about m-/
I'll be back when my "filing system" will turn back to order.

Edit.
Oh, something reminded me - I've been thinking Delta ST for Lucy Liu.
LSE seems quite likely.

·
Spotlight March 2016
8,193 Posts
I've been reading a non-fiction about the founder of Scientology and the religion and.. Well, this guy is seriously scary. But, he wrote about 1084 fiction books, and other publications-- He was able to write really, really fast. And he didn't like reality and being constricted by it...

He was a liar, a teller of tales, self-congratulatory and egoist, a wife-beater and general bigot in many ways, possibly insane, but somehow charismatic enough to pull off a religion.

I have no idea as to his type. Thoughts?

·
Registered
18,511 Posts
I've been reading a non-fiction about the founder of Scientology and the religion and.. Well, this guy is seriously scary. But, he wrote about 1084 fiction books, and other publications-- He was able to write really, really fast. And he didn't like reality and being constricted by it...

He was a liar, a teller of tales, self-congratulatory and egoist, a wife-beater and general bigot in many ways, possibly insane, but somehow charismatic enough to pull off a religion.

I have no idea as to his type. Thoughts?
SLE probably, or LSE, but I think he values Fe. He's similar to Donald Trump, and both likely suffer from a personality disorder of some kind. Hubbard in particular, is very likely a narcissist.

41 - 60 of 518 Posts