Personality Cafe banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You know, I always wanted to try doing this thread you know, because, well, I tend to notice that some personalities tend to be more present on some sites compared to others... And considering that I go on tumblr A LOT (I'm suzy-the-chaos-lord on there) and have witnessed the many parts of tumblr, I can say that I think I have a somewhat accurate typing of the website as a whole.

Well, first of all, tumblr is used for a VARIETY of purposes, such as blogging, posting art, fanfiction, music, and photography. It is also used by so many people and there are MANY MANY MANY types of blogs such as fandom blog, hipster blogs, opinion blogs, social justice blogs, anti-social justice blogs, fashion bogs, and there are even blogs that discuss personality theory such as MBTI, the Four Temperaments/Humors, and the Enneagram.

On an analysis, let's first study the many groups in tumblr and then do an overall analysis of tumblr as a whole.

For fandoms, I would definitely say that the fandom part of tumblr is more or less a Pe/Ji or Ji/Pe using type, which would make it an XXXP of some sort. Not to mention, I would say the fandom part of tumblr comes off as more Feeler than Thinker, and I especially see far more Fi in the fandom section than I see Ti. Seeing if the fandom part of tumblr uses more Se or Ne is really hard. Fandom blogs tend to make LOTS of theories and headcanons (which is pretty Ne-ish) but at the same time, they also follow up on the latest trends, draw lots of fanart, and tend to be in the moment (Se). However, I would probably say the fandom part of tumblr is slightly more Se than Ne, therefore being an XSFP type of some sort. I would say probably ISFP since Fi is more obvious than Se. For the Enneagram type, I would say probably a 7w6-4w3-9w8 so/sx. The Fandom part of tumblr would probably be either Sanguine or Phlegmatic.

Opinion blogs are another story, however. They are more Ti and Ne than anything else. As to whether they are INTP or ENTP, I would say INTP because it's more or less Fe-last than Si-last, especially if it is an unpopular opinions blog, which would definitely be less F-ish in general, especially Fe. The Enneagram would be 5w6-9w8-4w5 sp/so. Opinion blogs are pretty much Phlegmatic for the most part.

Caustic critic blogs (such as sociallyunacceptableart3 and sociallyunacceptabe fanfiction) such as ones about bad art, fanfiction, cosplay, reviews, and criticizing the actions of fandoms tend to use Ti/Fe. I would also say they are more or less SP than NT but it's kinda hard to tell. I would say maybe an EXTP type of some sort but I'm leaning towards ESTP by a bit. They are 1w9-6w5-3w4 so/sx or so/sp. They are Choleric but could also possibly be Melancholic.

Social Justice Warriors are undeniably an unheathy NF type of some sort. It's really mixed between Fi and Fe but I would say SJW's are total Fe users for the most part. UNHEALTHY ENFJ or INFJ 1w2-6w5(cp)-4w5 so/sp or 1w2-5w6-4w5 so/sp. They are MELANCHOLIC AS HELL.

The Anti-Social Justice Warriors are also undeniably unhealthy. However, they often tend to be more SJ or NT and use more Te compared to the SJW's Fe. I would say probably more or less ESTJ or ENTJ or ISTJ or INTJ 6w5-1w9-3w4 sp/so or 5w6-1w9-3w4 sp/so. They are CHOLERIC AS HELL.

Hipster blogs are pretty much SP or NF in nature. I would say more SP to be honest since it's not as much about idealism as it is about hipster things. I would say ISFP 4w5-9w1-5w4 sx/so Sanguine fits hipster blogs for the most part to be honest.

Fashion blogs are really similar to Hipster blogs but I would say they're probably more Se/Fi than Fi/Se to be honest. ESFP 4w3-7w6-9w1 sx/so Sanguine.

And finally, the type of blog you guys have all been waiting for, the Personality Type Blogs. I would definitely say they're much more N than S in nature. Whether it is Ne or Ni, I think it's more of less Ne to be honest, but lots of Ni users go on those blogs. Hell, I am an SP type of some sort and I like the personality blogs, they make some really good points. I would say they're more F than T be honest since tumblr is practically FILLED with Feelers compared to Thinkers (though there ARE many Thinkers on tumblr, I have seen MUCH more Feelers on there). And they usually are run by Introverts, though ENXP are the most introverted types out of all of the Extroverts so that is also a possibility. INFP or ENFP, that's a difficult decision but since these blogs come off as more Ne-ish than Fi-ish in nature, I would say ENFP. I would say more or less 5w4-9w1-4w5 sx/sp and they are more or less Phlegmatic or Melancholic for the most part.

And for tumblr as a whole, it is more or less either an SP or NF type of some sort. However, since there are more SP's than NF's, I am leaning towards SP than NF. I would say ESFP 4w3-7w6-9w1 so/sx Sanguine for the entire website.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Rate Your Music :INFP, passionate about music, preference for indie-rock, find IMDB too mainstrea when it comes to films, has problems with depression

Cracked: ENFP, witty but concerned with social issues

The Onion: ENTP, I don't think I have to explain why

Deviantart: ISFP, to be honest is much more diverse, but I assume ISFP contribute with what's best on that site

·
Registered
ENTP | 7w6 | so/sx
655 Posts
tumblr based off of my experiences on the site: INFP. So Fi-dominant. Half of the people on there are only concerned with something if it affects THEM and THEM only, otherwise they don't care.

dA: The good artists? ISFP because oooo 'the artist.' The ones who don't use it as an art site but a community site? ESFP. lol

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Tumblr: I don't think the social justice sphere of Tumblr is usually Fe, I think it's textbook unhealthy Fi. A lot of people list their types on their sidebar and it's mostly xNFPs, ISFPs, INFJs, and INTPs. Only one of those types really uses Fe. Dead on with the enneagrams though. Usually I don't think you can give a tritype to anyone but yourself, but that just seems so blatant. The site as a whole is probably xNFP.

Wikipedia: xNTP. Wide range of knowledge on many unrelated things. You can start reading about the history of Sweden and end up reading about how they make porcelain toilets.

Youtube: Used to be very SP, but vlogging is popular now and a lot of them seem to be NPs. I'm not even going to bother assigning a type to the comment section, wouldn't want to degrade anyone that way.

Reddit: Very IxTx, although things change wildly between sub communities. Very minimalistic, not super flashy or extravagant. Just as nerdy as Tumblr, but also less awkward and "outcasty".

·
Registered
2 Posts
TVTropes definitely seems to have Si and Ne, especially considering that it's also prone to 'wiki walks' like Wikipedia. The Wild Mass Guessing sections support the Ne side being more prominent. It seems more Fi and Te given that while the purpose is to catalog what occurs in media, 'Your Mileage May Vary' covers the subjective views and reactions. Add in the Sugar Wiki for NF, and it seems ENFP.

Youtube comment section: DUMB. That's all there is to say on that matter.

Imgur is Reddit's more visually orientated cousin, so ISTx, maybe?

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Tumblr: First impression was INFP, a lot of the people there are so Fi-dom it hurts. A lot (though not all) of the people there are so concerned with their own demands that they just refuse to listen to any viewpoint that differs to theirs.

Facebook: Probably an ENFJ (could see ESFJ also) what with the vast interconnection of the site - finding friends, updates on the global scale, and personal messages.

Twitter: ENTP; Twitter appears to be verbally quick, what with 140 character or less tweets (ENTPs are known to be communicative and have a fondness for debate.)

Deviantart: Overall, DA's a typical ISFP. (ISFPs are known as "The Artists," so it's pretty accurate.)

Pinterest: Either ISFJ or ESFJ, leaning more towards ISFJ.

Wikipedia: INTP; Wikipedia can get quite random. (One time I was reading an article on Leo Tolstoy, a few minutes later, I was looking up pictures of rococo architecture. :rapture:)

Youtube: I think it used to be ESTP or ESFP, what with the random cat videos. Now, it's more of an ENxP, probably an ENTP. (The huge increase in vlogging and more "diverse" subjects.)

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Tumblr: INFP, that's all who seems to be on the bloody website it's like urrrrr not them again XD
Insta: ESTP, obviously Se dominant, but Ti second. ESFP are in second then ESFJ
Twitter: ENTP, full of those ENTPs, you know which ones. Tries to be an E*FJ website, but fails.
Facebook: ESTJ, mainly because only Americans are actually fully active on there anymore. I just use it as free texting on my iphone really.
Pinterest: ISFJ site that's really American
Youtube: ISFP, Se but with this whole 'web celeb' thing that's been going on with the introverts...
PC: INTJ. I've said it before and imma say it again; this place is JAMMED with INTJs.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Yep, Tumblr displays the good ol' unhealthy Fi mindset- "W-well, what about MY problems?" For all their talk about independence and their progressive new age way of thinking, they're not radical visionaries. They have no Ni whatsoever. They're simply stuck in the moment and frankly unsure of what they're doing in life. Depression is rampant. But they also seem strangely tied to the past, whether it's a preoccupation on a family member that hurt them or a traumatic event, etc. But when they're at their best a lovely Ne comes out with their creativity. Their Te only tends to show up in the worst circumstances (policing other's actions, "stop offending me!" "I choose what's offensive!") which is frankly indicative of primary fi, inferior te. Tumblr is IXFP all the way, leaning INFP.

Facebook is just Fe all over, and I'm leaning towards ESFJ. Lots of connecting and sharing, but also lots and lots of drama. But it's not subtle and passive-aggressive like Tumblr, it's in your face.

Twitter is definitely ENXP. It attracts a lot of randomness, but it also attracts a lot of SJWs. But I've noticed SJWs on Twitter tend to be a BIT more rational and out there, for lack of a better word. Better connected, actual high salary jobs (video game designers, etc.) I'm going out on a limb and saying it's equal parts ENFP/ENTP

Reddit is INTX central, almost INTJ at some places with the obnoxious inferior Fi they fall into sometimes. They're SO special and different but insult tumblr for the same thing, so definitely not high Fi. But they also go on the weirdest tangents and a lot of the main subs have users that give off a Ne vibe. So NT basically. I see a lot INTPs, ENTPs, and then INTJs on smaller subs. Reddit is the Internet's NT to tumblr's NF, so no surprise they butt heads often.

Deviantart: Agree with ISFP.

Here: INXX. There's just a lot of introverted intuitives, but otherwise I see a wide mix of a lot of specific types of introverts like INFPs, ISFPs, INTJs, INTPs, etc.

Youtube: EXTP. Lots of ENTP gamers and stuff I notive, but ESTPs use to flock to this site, but they mostly moved to Vine, which is very ESTP nowadays.

Instagram seems very ESXP.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Tumblr is a lot of unhealthy Fi, yup. I'm also quite sure the different types of blogs have different MBTI, but ever since I don't know a lot about other sections than Fandoms, I won't judge. About fandoms, I think MBTI even differentiates per fandom. The fandom I have a blog in, which is a music fandom, seems xNFP dominant, with a lot of enneagram fours.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Yep, I'm of course referring to some of the people that have definite problems within the SJW group of tumblr. By no means are all SJWs like that nor is the entire population of Tumblr like that. It's just what comes to the forefront that everyone notices.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts