Personality Cafe banner
81 - 98 of 98 Posts
Dear College Student in Philosophy Class,

Why did you openly state that Japan should be bombed or hit by an E.M.T.? What does that have to do with buying products from China? You might have a decent idea, but you are wrong... and I'll tell you. Did you know Japan doesn't have an army? Did you know Japan has been a sincere ally to the US? Did you know Japan and China hate each other? Did you know Japan is of no threat and will not have an army for that very means? Did you just say that because there were no Japanese people in this class? You seem like a nice girl, but really? Am I going to have to go all Socratic Method on you? Did you know that before I knew about the Socratic Method I used to do it naturally to make my friends feel dumb... so watch it, I'm self learned and an expert.

Dear Highschool campus,

Why do you have to be so close the college and make me confused? I can't tell any one that it took 3 times... 3 tries of me ask strangers were building 1200 (that doesn't exist) for it to finally click that I was not at a college. Now I have to regain my dignity. Thanks a lot for that, I sulked in my stupidity all day. Apparently no one needs to do the Socratic Method me to make me feel stupid, but I never claim to know anything I don't.

Dear parents,

Thanks for homeschooling me... not.

Sencerly, a bitter INTP

Dear math professor,

You said because you are the one teaching we are to follow your rules even though we are paying you. You wrote a formula on the board and said, "...if we can solve it then fine you can teach the class". No one answered, every one was confused... well Ma'm, I solved.

Sincerely,
Your kind student who asked about the calculator.

Dear English teacher,

That nonfiction article you chose for us to analyze in a CEI paragraph for our semester final was so biased it made me want to tear my hair out and eat it. Like, you're a bad teacher in general, but come on man. There's a reason I've gotten incredible grades in English up until this year, and congrats on being that reason.

- Me

Dear ENTP ? girl from work,

I wish you didn't have to go back to school. You're one of the few people that I really enjoy talking to :unsure:

Dear PerC,

I'm not good at replying to most PMs. I am not sure why this is, as I do like them.

Maybe it's the mildly arduous quote reformatting, or maybe it's just that some of the questions might be better discussed in the forum, are nonspecific or googleable. Perhaps it's that I'm not wanting many more connections just now.

Sorry,

Ista
Seconded. Especially the bolded parts. (For me, I think it's partly laziness, partly not knowing what to say, and partly not being sure if I want to form close connections).

Dear Mother,

Just because I tend to spend my time alone, isolated in my room, does not mean I'm depressed. Not everyone needs to be constantly doing something. I change myself to suit your needs, so why can't you do the same? There's no problem in choosing to read a book rather than go out with friends. I wish you could see it my way for once.

Dear Mother,
After teaching your children the values of mutual respect, I'm rather confused by your recent actions. I don't think that searching the internet for the blog you are aware I do not want you to read complies with the values you have been trying to instill in me.
Also, lying to me in the face of ample internet history that suggests otherwise makes me doubt both your integrity and intelligence.
You found my blog and the internet is a little less safe for me now.
Thanks.
Passive Aggressively Yours,
misstheground

Reactions: Ista
Dear girl in cinema class,

Let's breed.

Sincerely,

INTP

Dear @AvocatInTraining,

I'm sorry that you feel that way. I had never considered someone would object to our plans. At the next smoky-room meeting I will put that notion up for consideration to the round table. At the very least, I'll make sure that you can be part of the 20% that survives depopulation.

In the meantime please watch Ke$ha's video called "Die Young." I think you'll be pleased with the large amount of Illuminati imagery.

Sincerely,

NWO

Discussion starter · #89 ·
Dear Mother,
After teaching your children the values of mutual respect, I'm rather confused by your recent actions. I don't think that searching the internet for the blog you are aware I do not want you to read complies with the values you have been trying to instill in me.
Also, lying to me in the face of ample internet history that suggests otherwise makes me doubt both your integrity and intelligence.
You found my blog and the internet is a little less safe for me now.
Thanks.
Passive Aggressively Yours,
misstheground
Ahhh, the subtle art of remaining anonymous enough, but still feeling free enough to write.

Do you know what type your Mom is or why she would do this?

Ahhh, the subtle art of remaining anonymous enough, but still feeling free enough to write.

Do you know what type your Mom is or why she would do this?
I have trouble typing family members. But I think she's an xNFP. Almost definitely a type 2w1 enneagram. A bit of a nobody-loves-me complex -- common to core 2's -- definitely exists, and she has a ton of natural curiosity.

This all leads to liking the illusion of giving her children privacy quite a bit, but not enough to make it much more than an illusion. I probably should have been smarter about hiding my URL.

Discussion starter · #91 ·
I have trouble typing family members. But I think she's an xNFP. Almost definitely a type 2w1 enneagram. A bit of a nobody-loves-me complex -- common to core 2's -- definitely exists, and she has a ton of natural curiosity.

This all leads to liking the illusion of giving her children privacy quite a bit, but not enough to make it much more than an illusion. I probably should have been smarter about hiding my URL.
I had a similar experience, also with an INFP and felt betrayed for a long time. His heart was in the right place, and there were altruistic motives. Still, it was difficult to punch through that feeling of betrayal. Curiosity is in no way a reasonable motive for this.

That said, if I have kids, I don't know if I'll be giving them a place to hide online. They'll need to become hackers to evade me. The internets decays the brains.

Reactions: misstheground
I had a similar experience, also with an INFP and felt betrayed for a long time. His heart was in the right place, and there were altruistic motives. Still, it was difficult to punch through that feeling of betrayal. Curiosity is in no way a reasonable motive for this.

That said, if I have kids, I don't know if I'll be giving them a place to hide online. They'll need to become hackers to evade me. The internets decays the brains.
From a parental standpoint I can understand why she did it and from a child's standpoint I can understand why I'd be upset.
I haven't actually flat-out discussed this with her and might not because I'm not having trouble repressing it/ letting anger fade and I'm moving out in a year anyway.

Dear sweet artist guy I sit with at lunch:

I think you're fascinating and pretty darn cute, and we have a lot in common. And I think your habit of drawing roaches (sitting in armchairs or not) is different and kind of quirky. Someone has to know how to draw roaches, and you do it very well. You're a better artist than I am in many ways, and I consider myself pretty good.

You kind of confuse me sometimes, though. I feel like Sherlock looking at Irene Adler: the people around me, I can make mostly accurate guesses about their type. But from you, what? You're an Introverted Perceiver, but that's as far as I've gotten. Does your love of drawing concrete things rather than abstract indicate Se instead of Ne? Maybe. There's something that prevents me from coming to a conclusion. Every time I think I've come up with a potential type, I realize the evidence I have for that conclusion could just as easily be applied to another type in that block.

And for some reason, I enjoy the confusion. You're open, but I know full well that I don't know you well enough. There's more to you than there is to most people, and it's like we just haven't gotten around to it yet. And I wonder if you've figured that out about me, too. I think you have.

I want to know how you got into drawing bugs. I want to know if you like Thai food. I want to know how you see me, because interactions with other Introverts who are this similar to me are so bleeding rare that I wonder how I come off, because Introverts are so quiet and I have so little experience with other Introverts, and I'm shooting from the hip.

Most of the guy friends I make end up having inconvenient crushes on me. A girl who doesn't find gossip interesting, plays a few video games, knows her way around a couple programming languages and reads a lot tends to get that result often. It gets really awkward fast, because I'm rather picky about who I like that way. But I have liked you ever since you started talking to me because I'd been sitting at lunch with my sketchbook, doing a crummy drawing of you for something to do because you were in an interesting position and I'd decided to show it to you. Did that really just happen?

I don't even know why I'm writing this. I have a "rebel-against-teenager-stereotype" streak that would normally prevent me from doing so. But I am?

--Rebekah.

Reactions: BowserKoopa
Dear parents,

Thanks for homeschooling me... not.

Sencerly, a bitter INTP
Um... what types are/were your parents? My INTJ mom homeschooled me for years and I loved it. She never assumed I couldn't do something, and let me go on being a computer-loving, novel-writing hermit until middle school. And she took me to college-level lectures and bought me science kits and let me take piano lessons. It was pretty neat.

I can see it being Horrible, though, if your folks are ISJs or something. That usually doesn't bode well for the INTPs.

Um... what types are/were your parents? My INTJ mom homeschooled me for years and I loved it. She never assumed I couldn't do something, and let me go on being a computer-loving, novel-writing hermit until middle school. And she took me to college-level lectures and bought me science kits and let me take piano lessons. It was pretty neat.
I can see it being Horrible, though, if your folks are ISJs or something. That usually doesn't bode well for the INTPs.
LOL that's exactly what they were, both my parents are ISJs. :shocked: My mom might... might be an ESJ type... not sure though.

Dear @AnCapKevin

Wow, you're pretty oblivious. It's human nature to want privacy. Awww thanks :), it's great to have a fellow INTP watching my back, and that Kesha video made me extremely comfortable, every time I watch it I feel like if I carry on watching it, it'll brainwash me or doing something creepy, so I'd rather not watch it, thanks for the offer though :)

Cheers
Anonymous

Reactions: AnCapKevin
Dear cute IxFx waitress at the Thai place,

Sorry I let all my social skills go stale in the last year of being a recluse. I'll do a quick refresher sometime soon. I noticed you trying to flirt a bit and thought you had a really pretty smile. My blank stare into space probably wasn't very encouraging. To be fair, I was having a hard time deciding between beef and chicken, and listening to the valuations spreadsheets thingamabobs rant my sister was giving. Beef was the right choice.

Sincerely,
Oblivious-Looking-Person

Dear first romantic interest in a long time,

Please make the first move. Or do something obvious enough that I can tell it's mutual. Or fall in like with another person and make my life briefly painful and much simpler.
Just don't smile at me in guitar class as I sing quietly along to the song you're playing about unsaid feelings because bro that is so freaking crappy teen romance novel.

--misstheground

P.S. Also, you know, if you ever wanted to like maybe sometime go out or something but no never mind that's silly do you know what please disregard this.

81 - 98 of 98 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.