Personality Cafe banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4,647 Posts
While I understand why you feel some guilt over meeting new people, I urge you to not judge yourself too harshly as you open yourself up to new people and new experiences. Your family and true friends will understand your desire and need to venture off and do your exploring, and if they don't, then what's more important - their happiness or yours? Just do it if you feel good about the new opportunities and invites that come your way. Maybe your current friends aren't fulfilling certain needs or wishes you have, and that's sometimes natural. I lost touch with a few friends during some stages/phases of my life, and vice versa, but my true friends and I came full circle later on in our lives and remain friends to this day with no hard feelings. While I was exploring, I met some new, wonderful friends - individuals I would not have met had I remained stagnant and not branched out for my happiness' sake. It's your life, make the most of it, and again, I urge you not to feel tremendously guilty over this. It's not as though you're burning bridges, right? :)

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.