Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you ever feel like you plant a new thought or problem in your head, never really comes up with a conclusion or answer about it, so you then forget about it.

Without you being aware of it, it then grows inside your subconsciousness until you one day are doing or thinking about something entirely different and simple, makes a conclusion about that thing, and the principles about those two things just match. You almost feel enlightened. As if the basics behind that one easy random thing made you see the whole picture behind the bigger problem you earlier had.

This happens to me a lot.

As an example, I once contemplated about why some people are so narrow minded, and always see their own truth as the right one without ever considering others. And how they often make irrationall decisions based on feelings.

Then one day when I was playing a mind game, like puzzle on time, but with all the pieces visible.

And when I got stuck, I was trying to look at all the pieces as fast as I could, and I was certain that I had looked at all of them without finding one single pair, for one second I was thinking that the people who made the game had made a mistake.

That was obviously not the case, in my desperate attempts to find the solution as fast as possible I had missed it although it was right in front of me. I had my eyes on it, but I couldn't see it.

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
TL;DR: I believe the phenomenon can be linked to highly developed Ni.

I believe a lot of this has to do with highly developed Ni. Yes, INTPs are generally Ti > Ne > Si > Fe, but obviously for whatever reason we end up developing other functions as well. If I am remembering correctly, INTJs and others with high levels of Ni find themselves frequently subconsciously processing various functions, and will often come to an answer even in their sleep. (This has happened to me once before, probably more often but I only recall it happening once.)

Personally, I went through my teenage years and even into my early twenties striving to be the INTJ I knew I was. (Which of course I am not.) I believe this is a strong reason I test very highly with both Te and Ni. I can look up more information on this subject if you're interested, and post links. There's a chance I have Ni and Ne mixed up with this, but I wrote a small article/post about Ne vs. Ni a year or two ago.

·
Over 300 Confirmed Kills
10,665 Posts
Yeah, Ni.

lt's like...when l read something like this l can feel something vaguely familiar, but just out of my reach.

Two things that cross paths, but aren't parallel. The Ni associations make me sort of jealous sometimes, l feel like the breadth of Ne somewhat dilutes its power. l knew an INTJ who used to cure his migraines by envisioning a piece of metal in his head. Focus.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I completly agree.I almost never make decisions on the spot and never every make any inportant decisions until ive slept on it because of that. The other day my family and i were thinking of puppy names, then that night i had a dream about a name and boom that was the name of my dog. I also come up with my best solutions to problems in the shower.

·
Registered
23 Posts
l knew an INTJ who used to cure his migraines by envisioning a piece of metal in his head. Focus.
interesting... so.... when he envisioned this piece of metal in his head, was the metal directly inside of his head or on his head? Was he focusing on the existence of the metal itself or was he focusing on the temperature or the metal or maybe morphing it inside his head?

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
interesting... so.... when he envisioned this piece of metal in his head, was the metal directly inside of his head or on his head? Was he focusing on the existence of the metal itself or was he focusing on the temperature or the metal or maybe morphing it inside his head?
A pity, he could have achieved so much more if the realized the metal was not, thus making the spoon be naught but illusion.

Oh ho ho.

·
Registered
19 Posts
wow... is that what Ni is like? then this means i really did use it a lot more when i was younger. maybe as problems became more complicated, answers come much slower.

i really miss those Ni moments of clarity.

·
Registered
507 Posts
I think there is a connection between Ni and Ti. INTP with highly developed Ti will also develop Ni. After Ti process the information, they store the information in the storage, and if then Ni could subconsciously retrieve that information.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Do you ever feel like you plant a new thought or problem in your head, never really comes up with a conclusion or answer about it, so you then forget about it.

Without you being aware of it, it then grows inside your subconsciousness until you one day are doing or thinking about something entirely different and simple, makes a conclusion about that thing, and the principles about those two things just match. You almost feel enlightened. As if the basics behind that one easy random thing made you see the whole picture behind the bigger problem you earlier had.

This happens to me a lot.

As an example, I once contemplated about why some people are so narrow minded, and always see their own truth as the right one without ever considering others. And how they often make irrationall decisions based on feelings.

Then one day when I was playing a mind game, like puzzle on time, but with all the pieces visible.

And when I got stuck, I was trying to look at all the pieces as fast as I could, and I was certain that I had looked at all of them without finding one single pair, for one second I was thinking that the people who made the game had made a mistake.

That was obviously not the case, in my desperate attempts to find the solution as fast as possible I had missed it although it was right in front of me. I had my eyes on it, but I couldn't see it.
Yes, Yes, and Yes.

We need time to compile information.... pattern recognition.

·
Over 300 Confirmed Kills
10,665 Posts
Like, lodged between where he imagined the pain to be and very slowly, uh...pushing the pain away?

l don't know about the temperature.

·
Over 300 Confirmed Kills
10,665 Posts
wait, what? ........ so he pushes the pain away with that piece of metal? right now, i'm imagining someone poking their pain with a metal stick. and slowly pushing it away lol

wait a second! pain isn't imagined!
l dunno lol. He was a wizard. So. All of this happened at Hogwart's. And we were smoking angel dust. out of a lightbulb.

·
Registered
34 Posts
i have read multiple times that Ni can be easily confused with Ti+Ne. Recently there was a thread about this on the intpforum website.

About subconsciously solving problems: the thing is that the amount of data you can process conciously is rather limited. In many situations there is simply too much data to be properly processed. So it gets stored somewhere in order to be processed later. On the other hand the amount of data that can be processed subconciously is much higher (or the rate of processing that data), but the methods of processing are simpler and irrational. This is analogous to the CPU in your computer (many highly complex commands, but limited amount of data per time) vs. the GPU (simple commands, but many operations in parallel, so very high amount of data per time). So if there are many details to consider it probably makes sense to pass the problem to your GPU and sleep over it. (Also these days they use GPUs (or networks of graphic cards) for numerical simulations for many particle problems, which happens to be much faster than conventional supercomputers)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I don't know that much about Ni, just starting to get a grasp on my own (fundamental) functions. I wanna learn everything about all of the functions though, so I'll start with Ni now. It would be great if you could look into it as well :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i have read multiple times that Ni can be easily confused with Ti+Ne. Recently there was a thread about this on the intpforum website.

About subconsciously solving problems: the thing is that the amount of data you can process conciously is rather limited. In many situations there is simply too much data to be properly processed. So it gets stored somewhere in order to be processed later. On the other hand the amount of data that can be processed subconciously is much higher (or the rate of processing that data), but the methods of processing are simpler and irrational. This is analogous to the CPU in your computer (many highly complex commands, but limited amount of data per time) vs. the GPU (simple commands, but many operations in parallel, so very high amount of data per time). So if there are many details to consider it probably makes sense to pass the problem to your GPU and sleep over it. (Also these days they use GPUs (or networks of graphic cards) for numerical simulations for many particle problems, which happens to be much faster than conventional supercomputers)
Overall it's really fascinating how much our brain resembles a computer.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Overall it's really fascinating how much our brain resembles a computer.
you bet! And also vice versa:

BBC - Future - Technology - Will the internet become conscious?

The Nature of Consciousness: How the Internet Could Learn to Feel - Steve Paulson - The Atlantic
The Nature of Consciousness: How the Internet Could Learn to Feel - Steve Paulson - The Atlantic

So, if i understand this correctly, generally speaking any strongly interacting, large enough many particle system is similiar to the brain and could develop consciousness... for example a (anti-)ferromagnetic system? Could some kind of hard drive start thinking? At least it would have a large memory...

Well, that was a tad off topic...

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
Yeah, Ni.

lt's like...when l read something like this l can feel something vaguely familiar, but just out of my reach.

Two things that cross paths, but aren't parallel. The Ni associations make me sort of jealous sometimes, l feel like the breadth of Ne somewhat dilutes its power. l knew an INTJ who used to cure his migraines by envisioning a piece of metal in his head. Focus.
While in the state between sleep and wake I have been successful in moving pain(ie:. a headache) through my body. An example would be the instance when I had a migraine and moved the pain of the migraine into my finger-tips, where it quickly dissipated. There was another instance where I had sprained my ankle and with concentration I was able to mute the pain.

·
Registered
4,928 Posts
Has nothing to do with Ni, everybody processes things subconsciously. "Sleep on it" is a common phrase. It's not a superpower, and it happens to most people.

If you primarily categorize impersonal information you are a Ti user. You could be subconsciously processing things into categories, and as mentioned, they will be more primitive and not well-developed categories. But they are there so that their relevance to the problem is not lost and you can take them out again and refine them consciously when you have the time.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts