Personality Cafe banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Plumcot
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Frankly it feels as though I am unfairly judged as a homosexual male.
No matter what I do, who I show compassion to, or anything, I will always be seen as a homosexual.
Remove my name, my passion, my dreams.
My intellect, my core, everything.
I'm not Larry.
I am just gay.

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
I think Bisexuals are also unfairly judged. We are judged as overly promiscuous, "unmanly", "untrustworthy"

·
Registered
4 Posts
I agree completely. I get judged, but it’s usually the assumptions that are made about my sexuality that get me. I’m a Demisexual-pansexual female, and so many things can go wrong when I tell people. The first is that the assumption that I like literal pans. I was very surprised when someone thought this, and I was almost dying of laughter when more people agreed. It blows my mind sometimes how little people know.
Then there’s the whole Demisexual thing. Half the people I tell don’t even think it’s a valid sexuality, and the others don’t know what it is. What makes this all worse is that I’m still in the closet and all the people I tell are part of the LGBTQ+ community.

·
Beer Guardian
ENTP 5w6 So/Sx 584 ILE Honorary INTJ
15,889 Posts
Frankly it feels as though I am unfairly judged as a homosexual male.
No matter what I do, who I show compassion to, or anything, I will always be seen as a homosexual.
Remove my name, my passion, my dreams.
My intellect, my core, everything.
I'm not Larry.
I am just gay.
I'm sorry about that. People tend to be judgy of others when they cannot fully empathize or understand them. It is a very typical response. I wish I could say I was 100% immune, but I'm not. I try very hard to treat everyone the way I would want them to treat me, but it doesn't always work as well as I would like.

I minored in theatre in college and had a lot of coworkers who were LGBTQ and we hung out and partied a lot and I've always done my best to stand up for anyone whose picked on or bullied (because I don't like to be picked on or bullied) but this isn't about me, it is about you and how you are being treated. I wish I could make it better for you. I don't know how.

·
Registered
565 Posts
It is far worse being two of the letters in LGBTIQ+.
Not only is your sexuality questioned, but also your gender identity.
Both are conflated with each other, and that confuses people more so.
Ultimately you are treated as psychologically unstable and rejected due to ignorance by society.
Converesly, we are more confident individuals for acknowledging our 'Sex and Gender Diversity' rather than being in denial about it.
Go figure .....

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
They're wrong, Larry. There's more to you than just gay. There's more to all of us than just who we do or don't love or fuck. It's just a small sliver of the human soul, not our entire identity.

It's just the times we live in. Sexuality is all new and shiny to folks and they want the security and purpose of feeling like they're part of a group, a part of something bigger. So they choose to conform to a set of behaviors and expect you to do the same. And then when the group is criticized by the outside, the people who didn't conform are still caught in the crossfire.

I hope that someday people will get bored and stop giving it so much spotlight. And instead focus on our universal humanity and worth as individuals.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts