Personality Cafe banner

21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
It doesn't work the way you want it to work because raccoon has two C's.
Actually, the way Sela did it DOES work that way because its HER way as Corona only has one "C" and also actually - When I spell the word representing the animal I spell it rahkoon or rakoon.........

<<<<<<<--------------------take it frum a koon!

Also, did you know if one spells Sela backwards , it spells aleS which when coupled with Corona means we'll always have plenty of beer.
If one spells Sela sideways it spells Leas or Seal; depends on which side your on........
Jonny Koon Luzsha

Reactions: Sela

·
Registered
9,390 Posts
It doesn't work the way you want it to work because raccoon has two C's.
Oops... ha. My mistake.

Actually, the way Sela did it DOES work that way because its HER way as Corona only has one "C" and also actually - When I spell the word representing the animal I spell it rahkoon or rakoon.........

<<<<<<<--------------------take it frum a koon!

Also, did you know if one spells Sela backwards , it spells aleS which when coupled with Corona means we'll always have plenty of beer.
If one spells Sela sideways it spells Leas or Seal; depends on which side your on........
Jonny Koon Luzsha
aleS would be great right now. Rough week at work and glad it's Saturday.
Also, one "C" would work because where I live we call them "coon" and "possum" instead of raccoon and opossum, so there's that.

In other non-news, I ordered two more cloth face masks; Star Trek-themed, of course. I will eventually have to go back to the office instead of WFH.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
If you rearrange the letters in CORONA, it spells RACOON ...
SHhhh! Not so loud. Trump will Also start blaming us koons for covid telling us one of his advisers came up with it while the 2 of them were playing Scrabble...........

<<<<<<<-------------------take it frum a koon!

...............we already get blamed enuff for rabbies.

·
Registered
INTJ
131 Posts
Well, koon spelled backward but pronounced with the same vowel sound is nook, which is a homophone for nuke.

Rabies has one "b."

Okay I'll stop now.

*insert :) because we're INTJs*

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
This week has finally brought some semblance of spring temperatures (still abit below normal but....) to Kamp Jonny Koon and it rained like Noah all Wednesday - Tuesday Night into Thursday AM. About 4 inches total and everyplace in the Muskegon River flats below the hill where I'm located is flooded. Had the usual kampfire & burned a lot of wood.

I almost always find/discover some interesting thing(s) when I take my exploratory walks/hikes around my "neck of the woods".

<<<<<<<<-------------------take it frum a koon!

Some things to share frum my wanderings of this past week:
IMG_0756.JPG IMG_0757.jpg
This cocoon hanging from a sassafras tree that I think is frum a Prometheus Moth (moth pik frum internet).

IMG_0745.jpg
An old cream top milk bottle from The Sanitary Dairy Co. of Muskegon, Michigan. How it got where I found it I can only speculate. its in decent condition; no cracks or chips and the writing is visible tho faded.

IMG_0741.jpg IMG_0742.jpg
This stone used by ancient indigenous person for starting fires (coins for size comparison) held by hand on the top of a rotating stick to produce a friction made hot ember to make fire. I have found SOOoooooo many artifacts like this over the years and have a box full of stone axe heads, knife & spear points and various tools as well. The display is something I put together several years back of mostly projectile points I've found over the years, mostly while working. I often find artifacts like this when I'm exploring/hiking.

·
Registered
9,390 Posts
The display is something I put together several years back of mostly projectile points I've found over the years, mostly while working.
Very cool! I've been thinking of putting together something similar. My most recent previous supervisor (INTJ) (S7) travels internationally a lot; when I expressed an interest in foreign currency, he gave me a bunch of coins from different countries. I'm thinking of doing something similar and then displaying it at work.

·
Registered
INTJ
131 Posts
I LOVE finding stone tools.

Would you identify this as a tool made from flint? I think it's a scraper.
1. The point is two-sided on the front
2. The edges seem to be evenly and deliberately chipped
3. It fits perfectly in my right hand, providing cutouts for finger support
4. The back side is worn to a polish and stained brown

Scraper---Outer.jpg Scraper---Held.jpg Scraper---Inner.jpg Scraper---Top.jpg

BTW I like your moth coccoon (that sorta rhymes with raccoon).

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I LOVE finding stone tools.

Would you identify this as a tool made from flint? I think it's a scraper.
1. The point is two-sided on the front
2. The edges seem to be evenly and deliberately chipped
3. It fits perfectly in my right hand, providing cutouts for finger support
4. The back side is worn to a polish and stained brown

View attachment 842571 View attachment 842573 View attachment 842575 View attachment 842577

BTW I like your moth coccoon (that sorta rhymes with raccoon).
Just looking at the pics & your description its possible its a scraper but could also be some kind of an awl/drill. I have one 1 in my display; 2nd row from bottom, just left of center. Another possibility is it was a work in progress; discarded for what ever reason or lost prior to completion. I have several skinners & scrapers and they are all convex rather than concave but hey who knows? People have always experimented on anything trying to make an improvement.

·
Registered
INTJ
131 Posts
Thanks for the analysis. I could believe it was an awl. Or maybe a flaking tool. (See photo below. These aren't mine.)

Most people look for that classic arrowhead shape, but projectile points are only one subset of stone tools, which also include axes, hammers, adzes, scrapers, blades, drills, grinding stones, and that nice little fire-starter you found. I love your collection.

flaking-tools.jpg

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Its still over 20 degrees below normal seasonal temps here. Has been that way since my return 5 weex ago; forecasters say no warm up for another 10 days. Beaches & Parks opened back up in Florida (85ish) - Life's A Beach! Its only 2 days away; WHY AM I HERE?

<<<<<<<-------------------take it frum a koon!

Made an appointment for 13 May to have 4 new tires put on The Superduty along with alignment - nearest Ford Dealer about 15 miles away. Will be my first saunter into civilization since April 7th or 8th. 14 May is Dr. appointment & a complete physical/checkup. After those 2 days I'll be good for introversion prolly for the rest of summer.........

The Shadberry trees are in full bloom. Their white flowers really stand out sprinkled thru the leafless forest like levitating cotton balls.........
I made a new rifle range so now can shoot a full 100 yards without sending bullets across the road toward a target. Was annoying having to watchOut for vehicles between shots. Sighted in the .22 rimfire along with the SKS.
Sandhill cranes are back.
Found the first robin nest of this spring. Been watchin the pair for a week and she's been flying back & forth right over Kamp with mud on her beak for several days. Thought she was headed toward a white pine across the road but yesterday spotted where she is making the nest about 40 feet off the ground in the fork of a large white oak 40 yards frum the kampfire.
Hummingbirds & Orioles have returned too.
Owls keep going at it . A few nights back I swear one was in The Box with me when it cut loose and it didn't shut up for idk maybe half hour?
Had a rakoon rooting around for several days in the leaves for worms, grubs & snails but haven't seen it now for 3 days. Haven't seen it dead on the road & hope none of the effin trukey hunters shot it. Maybe holed up in a hollow tree in the cedarswamp with newborns?
Jonny Koon Luzsha

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Kampfires are a big deal when cool and there's one in various stage of burn almost everyday frum when I awake till I turn in.

<<<<<<<------------------------take it frum a koon!

IMG_0759.jpg

Here's all thats left of the wood I sliced & stacked frum a couple weex back. Pik of that is some posts back. After its been turned into smoke & ash; prolly by this Friday, I'll start on the pile of logs to the right and that should last til end of May which by then should be warm enough where Jonny Koon will be hangin at the Lake Michigan Beach...........

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Was out strollin around this morning down the hill walkin along the cedarswamp edge and stumbled into a small deer antler shed. I spent some time searching around as about 10% of the time when you find one the other one is within a couple hundred feet or so of the one you found but I didn't find the other one. Over the years I've found a bunch of these sheds and have a box full of them, some are very impressive. Where I'm at gets heavily deer hunted in November and its always nice to find out that one of the young bucks some how managed to avoid getting murdered.

<<<<<<<------------------take it frum a koon!

IMG_0760.jpg

·
Registered
9,390 Posts
Thanks for sharing. It's been unseasonably cool here as well (western Indiana) and I've left the house a grand total of four times since our WFH took effect on March 23 - and that was to go to the grocery store and/or get fuel for the car. Also treat myself to takeaway at my favorite pub while on the errand loops. Getting fat(ter) and cranky. Return to work tentatively scheduled for May 18. Have ordered/received three different face masks to wear at the office. A handful of my colleagues (all introverts except for maybe two) have checked in with me, and while I won't vocalize it, I do actually appreciate the effort.

Your camp life posts have inspired me at some future point to get the supplies at the craft store to create a display with the foreign coins that my most-recent INTJ supervisor gave to me from his travels (I expressed interest in the coins and he correctly assumed that I wouldn't mind having a little collection of my own), and hang the display in my office.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
I have discovered today that I have new neighbors. I saw the young couple last week checkin out the spot to the immediate south of me and wasn't sure if they would be back or not. Hadn't seen them since, till this morning and they obviously are settling in as they've started to build a place with which "to camp"...........

<<<<<<<<<<--------------------------take it frum a koon!

It been very dry since the deluge of 10 days ago and I guess Future Momma Robin has been patiently waiting for another rain to have things abit wet to build her grass, twig & mud nest. Its in a triple fork of a 9 inch diameter white oak about 35 feet (10 meters) high and about 40 feet south of the kampfire. Noticed her in the initial stages of the nest build when I stoked up the fire after waking up this morning and it looks about complete at this time. This is the second such Robin couple to take up residence this spring at my locale. Obviously Kamp Jonny Koon is a great place to raise a family.
Happy Mother's Day to my Fine Feathered Friends.
Jonny Koon Luzsha

Reactions: mimesis and Sela

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Yesterday I brought the Superduty; aka Truck House; to the Ford dealer & had four new tires put on, an alignment along with an 80,000 mile check up. Now I'm ready for some mobile truck livin'.
Monday got a call from the Dr's office cancelling my Thursday scheduled physical appointment. Due to Covid they pushing all physicals into August & September. I said well reschedule it for October then as my usual "rotation" is May & Oct. So there's that.........

<<<<<<<<<----------------------take it frum a koon!

IMG_0766.jpg

..........and I spent much of Monday & Tuesday of this week slicing up the rest of the logs I had gathered into kampfire length and another wood stack. It looks so nice I almost don't want to burn it up. :happy:

Reactions: mimesis and Sela

·
Registered
9,390 Posts
Due to Covid they pushing all physicals into August & September.
Yep. My blood draw at the clinic got pushed back to August. Trying to get me on the right meds for underactive thyroid. Not verified yet as they couldn't get a good draw back in March but he's been a Dr. forever and recognizes the symptoms. I thought it was perimenopause, and he did say they share a lot of the traits, but this is definitely hypothyroidism... Yay! Not. In the meantime, lots and lots and lots of water so they can get a good/easy draw come August.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Spring has FINALLY sprung in my neck of the woods!

<<<<<<--------------------take it frum a koon!

This week has been 'fix it" week; finally warm enuff to do a bunch of stuff I've been meaning to do for sometime since my return to Michigan.
First I was able to finally give The Box a good cleaning - top to bottom.
Also, Had to seal up a piece of sheet metal on The Box, drilled 7 or 8 holes and added sheet metal screws to hold together and placed 3" wide rubber roof repair tape over the joint.

The 4" deluge earlier this week that washed out 2 dams here in Michigan also let me know I had a crack in the bathroom skylight. Got that ordered with some self leveling calk and replaced the busted one.

Also had to put a new lip seal in the porta -potti.

Broke my hammer handle I use to split campfire wood and fashioned a new one with saw & file - good to go.

While I was on the roof of The Box installing new skylight, I removed the 4 roof vent covers and cleaned the vents.

Cleaned the truck inside & out , washed & waxed.

AND got some used half empty spray paint cans of various colors from friend 2 miles away to paint my heavy gauge 7 foot long old metal shop table that was gettin VERY rusty. Took a steel wire brush to the thing and then got in tune with my aesthetic side...........

Put primer on it and then sprayed till almost gone and used the .22 to shoot holes in the cans to drip paint all over it. Did a couple with the cans sittin on the table - nice pressure spray frum a couple of them. My Jackson Pollock impression to a steel table.
Be back..........LIVE, In Color! Frum Kamp Jonny Koon

Reactions: mimesis

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
<<<<<<<<-------------------take it frum a koon!

Mom Robin (frum a few posts back) is sittin on the nest practically over top the daily kampfire; she doesn't seem to mind it abit........

..........and I've no longer seen the 5 member lil deer herd anymore. Its down to just one solitary doe. The last week I've seen her on average once a day. Somedays none other days two or three times. Mid May to June is when the does have thier fawns and she certainly has a bulging belly. Before they down load, however, they stake out "a fawning territory"; generally about 10 or 15 acres for their birthing area and they chase all other deer away.

Evidently, this doe has decided this is a good area. It is, too. Years past the resident area Alpha Doe has always had fawns in my general area of Kamp Jonny Koon. She'll split the pair up - maybe a couple hundred yards apart or so for their first month of life travelling back & forth to feed them and then bring them together. Toward the end of June , first of July I'll prolly get my first glimpse of the twins...........

Reactions: AllOne

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
<<<<<<<----------------------take it frum a koon!

got a pik this afternoon of the doe that hangs around Kamp jonny Koon.

21 - 40 of 52 Posts