Personality Cafe banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
<<<<<<<<------------------------take it frum a koon!

Settled back in at Kamp & now, Finally, its time to ponder............

I think what is most concerning regarding Donald Trump is what will he be like should he win reelection to the presidency. Imagine how unleashed he will become in a second 4 year term when he no longer is concerned with being re-elected............ His core block constituents remain loyal to him;
those 2 groups being uneducated white males and conservative Protestant evangelicals......... the other side of the same coin to Obama's core block: uneducated Blacks & Liberal Humanists.

AHhhh the virtues of Democracy:
Stupid votes for Stupid. Trump has unfortunately put the Republicans into a position where they are going to need to "take one for The Team". "The Team" being the overall health, well being, the good of the country. Its in the USA's & the World's best interest for Trump to be defeated in this fall's election. Some Republicans are in fact showing some guts & having the balls to publicly call Trump for what he is: a fool, an imbecile, a buffoon, "the worst president ever", etc. More Republicans need to voice this and publicly work for his defeat. Or at least not support him simply because he belongs to the Republican Party. Trump may be a member but reality is he's no republican.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
<<<<<<<<<-----------------take it frum a koon!

What or maybe one should ask Where are the origins of human civilization? Many like to think it lies in what is now present day Iraq. Ancient Egypt, Mesopotamia, also areas known today in both India and China. Even the definition at least Archeologically, of "Civilization" can be much debated. It usually includes some general gathering of a population that has become at least somewhat sedentary as well as somewhat agricultural...........

.........and for obvious reasons occured contiguous with some body of a sustained source of fresh water. The Nile River; Tigres & Euphrates Rivers come to mind. I'm thinking tho farther back in time for some origin as well as lower in terms of geographic relief. I'm thinking Humanity will likely never find the origins of its first semblances of civilizations because they occured at a time before the melting of the great glaciers of this last ice age. When sea levels were yet 400 feet - 100 meters or more lower than what they are today. Somewhere on that continental shelf now lying 100 meters below the surface of the sea. Where ancient fresh water glacial rivers flowed into the oceans - that is where human civilization's origins lie. Its mud stone & wood buildings long decayed & buried under vast amounts of sea sediment and glacial till, as well as that 100 meters of water.........

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
<<<<<<<<-----------------------take it frum a koon!

The first embracing of Fire by ancient Humanity - its ancestors; must have been a frightening thing and a slow introduction, a child trying to gain some confidence thru trial & error and without any guidance . And yet it was this very embracing that enabled Humanity to survive and thrive. One can only imagine the burns & pains, wild fires across plains, grasslands, brush lands, forests, villages torched and deaths that this species had to endure before it had some semblance of control born through experience and knowledge and the ability to RETAIN it and pass it on because of an evolutionally developing brain as well as some form of language; no doubt both verbal and gesture, perhaps even a rudimentary symbolism, which will never be known to us of today............

.............today we have the same fright & the same experience with nuclear fusion & fission as did those ancient ancestors but all power known to us today originates in some form, directly or indirectly as a form of nuclear power. Yes, it can kill us but it can also enable us to not only survive but to thrive.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #44 (Edited)
<<<<<<<<<-----------------take it frum a koon!

I spotted newly mom doe strolling by Kamp yesterday afternoon with one fawn prancing along behind her. The newborn looking like a long legged spotted cat with big ears. I'm sure mom was leading the youngin' to its safe & secure place of lactating serenity.

This morning while having my wake up coffee I spotted her lying not far from my window; Center pik; enjoying the new sunrise.

Reactions: Sela

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
<<<<<<<<<---------------------take it frum a koon!

...............About 30 minutes later and daylight having arrived it was time for her to mosey off; no doubt to serve her fawn breakfast.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
<<<<<<<<---------------------take it frum a koon!

Man, lotsa stuff to put on the record today frum Kamp Jonny Koon.
First found a Baltimore Oriole nest right in front of The Box this morning. I knew the Orioles had built one somewhere at least half ass nearby to the Kamp & I spotted it this morn in a poplar tree about 50 feet frum The Box. Pik 2 come.

Took my morning coffee drinkin walk down the drive after discovering the Oriole nest and there off to the side of the drive is the evidence of a bobcat that roamed by last night as it pinched off a bobcat turd and tried to bury it on the edge of the drive. I've always been fascinated by the short tailed & secretive wild pussys that they are and frankly I take it as a comforting compliment that one felt so secure in Kamp Koon as to deposit a gift to its presence. Pik to come!

And then I finally got to go kayakin' down a portion of the Muskegon river today. So peaceful & beautiful. Didn't see anyone on the river the entire float time - had the entire beautiful scenic river stretch all to mahself. Was just a great gorgeous time for INTJonny Koon to be alive. Put in at the Bridgeton Bridge and kayakt to Maple Island Bridge.

Gorgeous time to be alive, enjoyin Life in The Wilderness. (Poor city fukers all round Murahka - they lives suck as they burnin' they own towns - man they lives suk; sux 2 b them :LOL: 😂 -SCHedenfruede) But shit my Life is SOooo great and I gah no complaints!
INTJonny Koon Luzsha baybee - alway have alway will!

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
<<<<<<<<-----------------take it frum a koon!

Itsa damn beautiful day to be alive at Kamp Jonny Koon:

Damn good nights sleep.
Attitude Check came in near 100.
Blood pressure check came in at 118 over 69.
Birds are singin.
Blue skies hangin over my head............

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
<<<<<<<<-------------take it frum a koon!

Lot different frum this morn, weather wise. Gettin hit by the 4th major severe thunderstorm in the last 40 hours. Jus barely got the all the hatches battened down - just in time. Movin fast tho shouldn't last but maybe an hour. Wind is a rockin The Box.........

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
<<<<<<<<<---------------------take it frum a koon!

I have several Black Squirrels that frequent the Kamp on a daily basis and them along with most the other critters that hang around provide for me a general pleasing source of amusement.

So about an hour ago while I was sitting by the kampfire , coffee in hand, one of the resident black squirrels decided it wanted to explore up the white oak tree nearby that is also occupied by the resident Robin family nest which is now full of protruding beak babie birdies that Mom Robin responsibly feeds profusely.........

So previously mentioned Black Squirrel made it to about 12 feet up the tree when Dad Robin came out of nowhere and dive bombed Black Squirrel's ass. The Black Squirrel absolutely startled (prolly thought it was a hawk) jumped from the tree the 12 feet to the ground and ran thru the ferns & grass to another tree about 30 feet away where it hung on its side about 3 feet off the ground doing a vehement Black Squirrel bark! bark! bark! For several minutes and with twitching tail - would not stfu and prolly woke the whole woods up.

I'm not going to pretend to be anykind of translator/interpreter/expert on angry Black Squirrel lingo but I'm thinkin it was something along the lines that Black Squirrel lives matter.......Ain't sayin , jus sayin
Jonny Koon Luzsha

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
<<<<<<<-----------------take it frum a koon!

I put the propeller on the kayak yesterday and peddled my ass around Hardy Dam Pond Reservoir. I've been on the kayak a few times this spring but this was the first I used it with the propeller.

This is what my yak looks like with the propeller assembly attached. Its designed as a fishing kayak but I don't ever fish from it. Just peddle or paddle around.

Reactions: mimesis

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
<<<<<<<<<--------------------take it frum a koon!

Mah Fav Lake Michigan hang........... yesterday oh and today too. In about 2 hours.
Jonny Koon Luzsha

41 - 52 of 52 Posts