Personality Cafe banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A year ago , when I had my first MBTI test , My result was ISTJ . I tried different online tests and the result was the same .
Now , when I retook the tests , My result is INTJ . I tried different tests and the result is the same .
Well this year was the toughest year of all my life and I had many difficult experiences and now I feel more stable .
So , Could life experiences affect majorly your personality ?

PS : Sorry about my bad english .

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Most people around here would say that your type doesn't change, but other think it does. If you want to, I'd be happy to talk about that more, but I take your question here as asking for thoughts about your own type as well... Also, check http://personalitycafe.com/myers-br...sed-majority-people-here-dont-seem-aware.html for more on that topic...

Personally, I don't think your type changes. However, the expressions of your type will be very different under different circumstances, so any test results would obviously also be influenced by the context and your mood.

What these online tests normally do, is try to pinpoint your preferences in a lot of different situations. These are influenced by your type, but not determined by it, as many other things you have learnt and situations you've had to adapt to form who you are... (your personality is always more than your type!)

If you haven't done it already, reading through some descriptions of a few of (or all 16) the personality types to see how you relate to them. (ENFP Wiki is one among many)

If you then want to go deeper, I suggest reading more about the 8 cognitive functions as well. Let me know if you need links...

Thanks for your post! Keep asking, and people around here will be happy to help you...

(And don't worry about your English... It's fine! :happy:)

Reactions: Gilatino

·
Banned
3,849 Posts
From what I read no, your personality type does not change past your mid-teens. In my opinion your MBTI type corresponds to wiring of your brain, so changing personality would require that your brain basically re-wires itself which isn't possible in adulthood.

Here is a thread that describes personality development as it corresponds to age:
personalitycafe.com/myers-briggs-forum/1037-how-personality-types-develop.html

The MBTI test though isn't accurate. There have been many posts here of people taking it on different days, different weeks, different months and scoring between 3 or 4 different types.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your answers .
Well I think people do change , and that external environmental settings and experiences affect us and we could become better or worse persons . After reading about MBTI types , I feel a bit INTJ but It is just a theory , so I shouldn't care too much about my results as long as I am happy what I am .

·
Banned
3,849 Posts
Well I think people do change , and that external environmental settings and experiences affect us and we could become better or worse persons . After reading about MBTI types , I feel a bit INTJ but It is just a theory , so I shouldn't care too much about my results as long as I am happy what I am .
Well ISTJ's have some intuition tough it is the very last function. Perhaps whatever life events you went through allowed you to develop it more, get a better feel for it. So now that you read INTJ description you feel like you can relate.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Also, age matters... It can take a while to develop some functions, so being 18 it is natural for your personality to still be developing...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts