Personality Cafe banner

Lifelong INTJ habit. Need theories.

[INTJ] 
920 views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  TaylorP 
#1 ·
Hello my Mastermind friends!

Although I am definently not ENFP (95% introverted), I seem to have a lifelong habit of attracting, and being attracted to INTJ men (sometimes even INTJ women).*

How do I know this? I tracked down all my exes, including my first boyfriend and my ex-fiance and confirmed: all INTJ.

I dont know that this says anything bad about me necessarily. However, it does reveal a distinct pattern. There is just something about the INTJ, apparently. I've tried explaining it to myself via auxillary, tertiary, and even inferior functions. But all of these just create communication filters which make INTJ appear unfeeling and myself, appear manipulative (a fallacy on both sides).

The only theory that I can come up with is the different angles by which the INTJ and I use our Ni and speak to each other in Ne. Alone, we're highly intuitive, but together we are God-like. We discuss unifying theories, make a game out of predicting people's behavior, and consider world domination. It's like Pinky and the Brain, except in this case, Pinky is not a total f-ing idiot.

I need more theories guys. This going to eat at me until I solve the mystery.*

See less See more
Reactions: tannguyen1
#4 ·
Thanks for the input! My father is likely an ISFP or ESFP. My older brother on the other hand is an INTJ. He is the one that I generally advice, input, and approval from.

#5 ·
How would any theory in regards to this be beneficial in any way? It's not as though any of we INTJs have formal documents in reference to the subject of "why INFPs and INTJs are attracted to each other". If you want any form of progress, why not give us a hypothesis? Will this due:

"INFPs and INTJs are attracted to each other because..."

Or, because it serves about an equal amount of purpose:

"People are attracted to each other because..."

Or maybe even:

"Hypotheses are good ways to start progressive conversations because..."

You get my point.

#7 ·
The only theory that I can come up with is the different angles by which the INTJ and I use our Ni and speak to each other in Ne. Alone, we're highly intuitive, but together we are God-like. We discuss unifying theories, make a game out of predicting people's behavior, and consider world domination. It's like Pinky and the Brain, except in this case, Pinky is not a total f-ing idiot.

I need more theories guys. This going to eat at me until I solve the mystery.*
I also have a theory that the more Ne you use when talking to INTJs the more fun it is. Too much Fi and Fi Si loops tend to end up in battle royale.

Funny you said that, my INTJ friend told me recently that my brain and his together would make the perfect human being, hahaha!. I said I was perfect already and he answered that I still need fixing. Hilarious.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.