Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey,
sorry for this wall of text, it just happened. I found this questionnaire from Spades here, so I filled it out.
Im not a native english speaker, Im from Slovakia. speak fluently English, Spanish and German, and grammar from other languages or words may mix with my English. If that happens, Im sorry, but I hope you will understand anyway :)

0. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.

I was looking for answers on my MBTI a longer time, Im a strong Te user, but also emotional.. Im going through a weird state of mind, as always I see the world a bit depressive. Im an anti-human person, see all the bad things people do to nature, all what could be done different, but still, I need to be with people. Even a passive interaction is okay, taking a walk with friends in the city is nice.
I had a difficult life, *black sheep* of the family(full of traditional types). Now im 20, I have a 6yr relationship with my ISTP bf, and we both are three years with an INFP lady, that is the same age as me(we are all three together). My best friend is an ESFJ, sometimes I just cant listen to her and need to have take break from her. Im more attracted to T-types(I was thinking I could be also a T-type /as test results were many times ENTJ, INTJ-long ago- during sad times). I tended to be apathetic, had a work that I strongly disliked (stripper working with stupid drunk men). Sometimes it was ENFJ(that result appears more often now).
My life started to be okay about a year, 1/2year ago. Now I could say everything is settled but Im still sad and anxious sometimes. My feelings started to appear again (I had seasons without feelings that lasted to moths/one year).

1. Click on this link: Flickr: Explore! Look at the random photo for about 30 seconds. Copy and paste it here, and write about your impression of it.

To be able to post links or images your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 2 posts.

Please remove links from your message, then you will be able to submit your post.
= I will add this later in a comment under this thread.. They should allow links in this part of this site even to people under 15 posts.

2. You are with a group of people in a car, heading to a different town to see your favourite band/artist/musician. Suddenly, the car breaks down for an unknown reason in the middle of nowhere. What are your initial thoughts? What are your outward reactions?

"Uhm yeah. Fuck this. We got enough water and food for a while? Im sure there is something we can do. Lets call somebody, who could pick us up. We could still make it, we just need to think and stay calm. Everything is possible."

3. You somehow make it to the concert. The driver wants to go to the afterparty that was announced (and assure you they won't drink so they can drive back later). How do you feel about this party? What do you do?

I would say to the driver if he can manage it okay, Im opened to have fun. Anyway, we went such a long way just to be here, why not?
I go there, take a drink, have fun, talk to people, maybe know somebody new. In the end of the party Im maybe drunk/sober. Depends how the mood there would be.

4. On the drive back, your friends are talking. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward reaction? What do you outwardly say?

Inner: Im wondering, why the hell would he/she think that. Is there a reason why she would think about it this way? No? I dont understand. Lets discuss about it.

Outer:"Why do you think that? Could it not be different?" I would listen and after explain her what and why do I think her POV is clashing with my beliefs. I would try to make her/him look through my eyes so she could think about her POV.

5. What would you do if you actually saw/experienced something that clashes with your previous beliefs, experiences, and habits?

I would overthink everything again, try to explain how it could happen, how it could fit into my beliefs, if not, why. I would stay open. I dont consider my POV as the *only right one*.

6. What are some of your most important values? How did you come about determining them? How can they change?

Whoa, tricky question.
-Freedom. I had the experience of stagnation due to the lack of possibilities, too many strange rules, not enough stimulus.
-Knowledge and wisdom. Its an important part of my life, I believe that everything and everyone can progress, if they want.
-Diplomacy. The reason why there have been wars were not different ideals, women or money, but lack of diplomacy in te right sense of words (fair, unbiassed)
-Truth. Everything goes easier with telling truth. Making new friends that stay, keeping your current relationship, going towards your goals in life.
-Creativity. Important part of my life
-Making a difference. Being quiet is almost the same as being dead.

7. a) What about your personality most distinguishes you from everyone else? b) If you could change one thing about you personality, what would it be? Why?

a) Im thinking and Im feeling. My intelligence is classified to be quite above average. Im trying to be unbiassed, even If emotions of other people affect me. Im open minded but I also stand firmly by my principles, that are important to me, I want to make people more educated and open-minded. I have a wide spectrum of interests, Im willing to learn everything that is possible. I love art, I love science, Im impressed by the new age thoughts and philosophy that might one day change the world to be a better place.
b) Sometimes, when Im having a really bad time (like once a month max), Im unintentionally an asshole. Bad to people I love, just because I feel alone or whatever. I would kick my ass for that.

8. How do you treat hunches or gut feelings? In what situations are they most often triggered?

Im trying to find out why I feel that. I trust them, but im sure that there is a logic explanation for everything and I want to find it, just to be sure and to have the possibility to explain them to other people.
It usually occurs when I talk to somebody (When somebody tries to manipulate me or others, I know it even if its just in hints. I can see immediatelly, it he/she is a good or bad person.), or about something that should happen. I tend to rely on my intuition a lot.

9. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?

Its hard for me to relax. I keep thinking, talking, feeling, I just hate to be alone, but in some moments reading a book is a great choice. Mostly the biggest relax comes to me from talking to people, even new, strangers. I love to move, experience new things, explore new places and have new impulses to think about. I love new tastes,something that makes my taste buds jump round and round, like coffee.
I dislike being alone, as I mentioned. Reading dry, theoretical bullshit(that kind where is really nothing that has a depth or new informations. Im probably more interested in the general idea than details.) or laws exhaust me like hell (I do not consider it to be a text, but just random words glued together-LAWS...).

10. What do you repress about your outward behavior or internal thought process when around others? Why?

My negativism or anxiety- They just dont deserve to be exposed to this(to deal with it is only my business mostly). Too many emotions, because it makes nothing positive sometimes. Recently, I started to open myself more(my emotionality) to people I love, because I seemed too closed to the INFP and she might be right. I have not been always like this, I had an ount that pushed me to be more reserved.

Thank you very much for your response :)

·
Registered
6,303 Posts
@TheBrokenOne I'll try to analyze it :p I am so glad your life is turning out for the better!

2. Uhm, I lean towards Pe and Ti. "Yeah man just chill someone will pick us up let's believe in the possibility that we'll end up there somehow."
3. Extroversion :D

4. Not sure what this is, but I think Ti. "Why would they think that?"- wants to understand. Discussion is again, extroversion.
5. "I would overthink everything again, try to explain how it could happen, how it could fit into my beliefs, if not, why. I would stay open. I dont consider my POV as the *only right one*."- Ti/Fe. Je types tends to force their opinions on others, you don't seem like that. I lean towards Ti rather than Fi because of the whole overthinking which is more Ti.
6. -Freedom. I had the experience of stagnation due to the lack of possibilities, too many strange rules, not enough stimulus.- lack of Si and possibilities is Pe. I think you're a ExTP at this point.
-Knowledge and wisdom. Its an important part of my life, I believe that everything and everyone can progress, if they want.- not really saying much haha
-Diplomacy. The reason why there have been wars were not different ideals, women or money, but lack of diplomacy in te right sense of words (fair, unbiassed)- Fe. Dude, Fe is the diplomat- Te is more blunt, Fe will consider its words (trust me, I'm an ESFJ xD). This supports ExTP, since their use of Fe is quite good.
-Truth. Everything goes easier with telling truth. Making new friends that stay, keeping your current relationship, going towards your goals in life.- Ti/Fe
-Creativity. Important part of my life- usually Pe functions but unsure.
-Making a difference. Being quiet is almost the same as being dead.- hahaha, agreed! Extroversion.
7. Thinking and feeling usually means your aux/tert is T/F or F/T. You say you're T but emotional, ExTPs are often like this because they're outwardly emotional (Fe), but they have Ti over Fe so they're more thinking than feeling, which might be why you got things mixed up. Possibilties, having many interests and curiousity is usually Pe. Eh, everyone's an asshole sometimes. You should see me when I'm mad!
8. Eh, not sure.
9. Extroversion. Okay, now I lean towards Se- "I love to move, experience new things, explore new places and have new impulses to think about. I love new tastes,something that makes my taste buds jump round and round, like coffee. "- that's Se. Very Se. I think ESTP.
10. Sounds like a repressed intuition.

In conclusion, I say ESTP!

Tagging people who might be of help:
@alittlebear @Oswin @Greyhart @TelepathicGoose @shinynotshiny @angelcat @Living dead

·
Registered
IEE
6,559 Posts
I thought STP too. :S At very least SP but I'm betting on ESTP.

P.S. tbh once I saw reference to sudoku I thought "Oh, some TP". I wasn't a deciding factor, though.

·
Registered
IEE
6,559 Posts
xD OK, lol. @ OP

Tert Fe for ExTPs

For this person it is important that everyone is positively predisposed towards him. He does not like ambiguity in this matter and will strive to clarify the situation: "Lets get this straight - do you respect me or not?" Even small changes can bring about these clarification attempts: different facial expression, gaze, and so on. Often with age he becomes a good psychologists as it allows him to keep up his self-esteem. Fixed on the attitude of certain people and ignores the "public opinion". Very fond of social recognition: honor, glory, respect, diplomas, regalia, etc. For the sake of good relations can even work for free. Can offer to help out of sense of camaraderie. If there is someone in his surrounding who shows negative feelings towards him, it decreases his self-esteem. In active defense, he will try to win the good attitude of this person at any cost, in passive defense, on the contrary, may admit to behaving poorly. If positive relations do not exist, he can try to fix them at any price, or conversely, fall into avoidance upon realizing the impossibility of changing anything. Fond of flattery, is ready to support any opinion as well as come to compromise only to keep the positive predisposition towards himself. If he does not agree with someone, can conduct conversation very diplomatically. Communicating with people of this type one can feel internal tension associated with fear of evoking negative response. Often they will think ten times before saying anything, as if it is an important task. Move up the career ladder often due to their ability to be considerate of others.

Tert Te for ExFPs

For this individual knowledge is paramount, a measure of worth: "If there is something I don't know - I'm inferior". Therefore, very often they claim they know how something is done, while in reality not knowing it (often in hopes that they will research it later, and that no one will suspect that they were bluffing). Sometimes, in self-defense, you can hear them say "I don't know", shamefully admitting to their weakness. It is also important for them to have some personal territory, a place where they have the opportunity to be in charge. They love to learn, because acquired knowledge increases their self-esteem. Nothing pleases them more as to receive a high mark on some subject. Such person is very attentive to objective reality: any violation in the order of things stresses him. He likes to reinforce own claims with links to an authoritative sources, statistics and facts, but cannot analyze them in terms of understanding. His vocation: the keeper of factual knowledge. Can't stand any measure of chaos in information, when nothing is clear. In such situations, tries to simplify the information: "Do we have any actual, concrete facts and figures? Lets start with these. " "If there is order in my world - then I am good, if not - then I'm bad." Have a tendency to idealize their "objective" picture of the world and authoritative figures. That is, they view it as what actually exists, even if they are in error and many of their facts are specious. Often become followers of something, of some "order of things" and attempt to implement this order everywhere. Getting promoted to higher position usually recruit "their" people who accept their "order of things" and their actions. Very important concept for them: "If I am the owner, I am the boss in my territory." It does not matter what the size of this territory is: a room or an entire state, as long as their authority has been accepted by everyone. Sometimes this takes a comical shape: a guard of some area considers himself to be in the right to decide whether or not to let you in based on his personal whims. In personal life, this can lead to elevated demands placed on potential partners: it is necessary to fully accept all of their outward actions, but this can be done only up to certain extent. Often they are aware that finding such ideal in principle not possible. Violation of the order of things by their subordinates is a serious offense - have you arrived too late? Thus you destroyed his order. If he is not the boss, then it is important for him to know exactly the extent of his responsibilities, otherwise he may not take up someone else's "order of things." Love to order people around if opportunity presents itself: relatives, subordinates, depending on how far their concept of territory extends itself.

Pick one.

·
Queen of Hearts
17,939 Posts
I also think ESFP.

Reactions: TheBrokenOne

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Mhm, I will pop back when I have more time. Just shortly:
I know the description of ESFP, fits absolutely NOT. I cant stand them usually. Its pure allergy on them. Im too responsible and serious for being ESFP.

My results were(by %)
Te-85
Ti-65
Ne-85
Ni-60
Se-15
Si-55
Fe-40
Fi-85
Showed Unknown type.

And afterwards another test result was ENTJ(I got that results many times, but Im not sure about it, looks too cold.)

My socionics was EIE

Maybe I should try a different questionnaire.. BTW, thanks for help :)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
+EDIT
The question about afterparty could be misleading. If I would be on a party I would like, I would stay, I would not care about what happened to the driver(except getting hurt), if he got drunk or so. I would always have another plan.

And that ESFP really hurt me -.-

I think I will have to figure this out alone. My online personality is something quite different. The other Q could probably help.

Im leaning more towards ENxx.. Need to read a ESTP profile. But that probably wont fit, Ive known a few.

The main issue is that Im using too much F for an ENTJ. The rest keeps. Maybe I got developed other functions than I should.
Or I should wait until my psyche gets settled, since I have the feeling something is still not right. Probably.

Ive known also ENTPs. Ive known them more than I would like to (Especially their bad sites). Description does not fit.

----out lf context----

Cmon, lets kill it with fire. That would be a solution :D

·
Registered
IEE
6,559 Posts
EIE is ENFJ. Uses same functions as ESTP.
Fe Ni Se Ti ENFJ
Se Ti Fe Ni ESTP

Probably best to do another questionnaire (no biggie, I have 5 threads at this point) and try to answer with as much of your internal motivation an decision making as you can.

Reactions: TheBrokenOne

·
🎀
11,795 Posts
Maybe you are an ENTJ who comes off as ESFP online,they have the same functions?
I don't see that much Ni though
Anyway, not all ESFPs are like those stereotypes.There's plenty of serious ones,dedicated to their values.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Mhm. ESFP is risky with money, place an importance to material world, mostly dislike facing conflicts. This and more do not fit.
I didnt notice that ENTJ and ESFP have the same 4 dominant cocktail in functions, interesting view..
I do not switch partners, I value money, but it never overwhelms me, I see general principle, focus on a big idea and I take conflicts mostly only as discussion, that can move me forward.

True, that ENTJ have a horrible temper when going through difficult or stressful situations, that could be my case. I need to develop more and end things that make me frustrated. My life is allright now from the general point, but I feel like Im a bit stagnating and that makes me a horrible person in some aspects.

Ive seen and known a few crazy artists (ESFPs for sure), that I loved. I admired their creativity and sometimes also impulsitivity. I nearly had a crush on one of them, but it was too overwhelming, brought mess to my life, which I ended fast. I was just unable to keep up with him.

I think I came again to the same conclusion like a year ago. ENTJ, and those feely moments, Im living with a strong INFP and need to handle with people on a emotional basis every day, so no wonder, that makes mess.

Thank you guys :) If Ill have the mood and time to make another Q, I will choose one carefully(Had the feeling that its a bit suggestive, the questions lead you to answer in a particular way sometimes).

Have a nice day :)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
In case you dont have enough material for reading on a toilet, here is some wall of text for you, I just put my responses there.

@TheBrokenOne
2. Uhm, I lean towards Pe and Ti. "Yeah man just chill someone will pick us up let's believe in the possibility that we'll end up there somehow."

Why do I see a Rastafarian smoking a giant joint? I just tend to stay calm. First a moment of "lets chew the driving wheel and tell xy bad things about irresponsibility" I just stay quiet. Life teached me that its more constructive to find a way how to do things. I would be probably the one who would be calling for help and managing things. Not to mention that I would maybe not even be in that car, I would probably drive my own.

3. Extroversion :D

4. Not sure what this is, but I think Ti. "Why would they think that?"- wants to understand. Discussion is again, extroversion. 5. "I would overthink everything again, try to explain how it could happen, how it could fit into my beliefs, if not, why. I would stay open. I dont consider my POV as the *only right one*."- Ti/Fe. Je types tends to force their opinions on others, you don't seem like that. I lean towards Ti rather than Fi because of the whole overthinking which is more Ti.

When in direct communication with somebody who I consider being my friend, Im interested in their opinion. It would be a lot different if I would not be with a good friend. Considering, that the person Im arguing with would be just somebody from somewhere, I would probably be more persistant and stubborn. Lately Ive been trying to open myself much more, and I think I got it, but thats maybe the reason of the mess Im feeling.

6. -Freedom. I had the experience of stagnation due to the lack of possibilities, too many strange rules, not enough stimulus.- lack of Si and possibilities is Pe. I think you're a ExTP at this point.

Could be explained in two different ways. Either A- a normal individual with enough social impulses and normal parents, I would consider the same as you, the subject being Ti/Pe.
Or then, B- someone with the lack of normal enviroment and social contacts due to parents/responsible persons unable to let a kid have space or even a possibility to have social contacts or even books/interests. That was my case. Thats why I value freedom-its a change to have the possibility to decide either if I want something or not(from the breakfast beginning, ending with important decisions).

-Knowledge and wisdom. Its an important part of my life, I believe that everything and everyone can progress, if they want.- not really saying much haha

Nah, im blonde. Not violet. Thats just a color my INFP loved to see on me when I needed a change. Blonde people never say anything useful *aka bad jokes again*

-Diplomacy. The reason why there have been wars were not different ideals, women or money, but lack of diplomacy in te right sense of words (fair, unbiassed)- Fe. Dude, Fe is the diplomat- Te is more blunt, Fe will consider its words (trust me, I'm an ESFJ xD). This supports ExTP, since their use of Fe is quite good.

You can achieve even more with planned diplomacy ;-). *shuts the door and walks away*
-Truth. Everything goes easier with telling truth. Making new friends that stay, keeping your current relationship, going towards your goals in life.- Ti/Fe

telling truth even with the consequence of being considered a bitch. I dont care, didnt ever :-D.

-Creativity. Important part of my life- usually Pe functions but unsure.

Arts- great form of relax. And creativity is always useful in looking for solutions in anything. Generally a new POV is great. I would not consider it as Pe. Probably, depends on the specification.

-Making a difference. Being quiet is almost the same as being dead.- hahaha, agreed! Extroversion.

Only dead fish swim with the current :p

7. Thinking and feeling usually means your aux/tert is T/F or F/T. You say you're T but emotional, ExTPs are often like this because they're outwardly emotional (Fe), but they have Ti over Fe so they're more thinking than feeling, which might be why you got things mixed up. Possibilties, having many interests and curiousity is usually Pe. Eh, everyone's an asshole sometimes. You should see me when I'm mad!

My emotionality could be caused with my beloved INFP that needs to see feelings towards her, and with my work. That could be the mess (As I figured out today, after thinking about the posts all of you wrote).

9. Extroversion. Okay, now I lean towards Se- "I love to move, experience new things, explore new places and have new impulses to think about. I love new tastes,something that makes my taste buds jump round and round, like coffee. "- that's Se. Very Se. I think ESTP.

Thats my favorite way how to relax. I told from a great INTJ friend, that I should develop Se and I did. I just had (and sometimes also have) a problem with relax. My mind always works. So I started to work with my hands and walk a lot.

10. Sounds like a repressed intuition.

Hard to comment, I would not say its repressed, I just have a lot of people and things that I would love to burn out. Think I need to buy a punching bag.
I just recently opened an issue with an INTP that was really close to me and other things that are not so important but, as he told, the past can catch me. And probably that happened, I got trapped in things that I need to change. And second, I got just a hard critic a few months ago, my ISTP bf told that Im being too hard and dominant, not letting them enough space sometimes. The INFP agreed, and I decided to change something. I would not ever do it for other people, just for those two. And I should stop.

In conclusion, I say ESTP! /considering ESTP being my online personality.
My conclusion- it helped, thanks :) Just came back from my rastafa trip, to reality of being and ENTJ, with weird forms of relax, sometimes undeveloped and too angry.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
@TheBrokenOne How was the trip? :D Anyway, you're the one who knows best obviously! If you decide to do another questionnaire tag me and I'll reanalyze it :D
Dont remember anymore, but I heard rummors it was pretty messy! :-D

I seriously feel like after an psychical hangover. Cant find a better explanation.

Probably just woke up after a long-lasting nightmare with extra special sauce(called depression) and a hint of sadness.
Now I need to kick some asses. That always makes me feel more comfortable.

---Looks like its time for me to take some sleep. Im starting to be absurd, take care and thanks :)

EDIT: If I will do another Q, I will invite you to be my assistant pathologist. Just in case, you dont have enough paperbacks you could waste boring time with :D

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Te (Extroverted Thinking) (100%)
your valuation of / adherence to logic of external systems / hierarchies / methods

Ti (Introverted Thinking) (80%)
your valuation of / adherence to your own internally devised logic/rational

Ne (Extroverted Intuition) (65%)
your valuation of / tendency towards free association and creating with external stimuli

Ni (Introverted Intuition) (70%)
your valuation of / tendency towards internal/original free association and creativity

Se (Extroverted Sensing) (25%)
your valuation of / tendency to fully experience the world unfiltered, in the moment

Si (Introverted Sensing) (55%)
your valuation of / focus on internal sensations and reliving past moments

Fe (Extroverted Feeling) (20%)
your valuation of / adherence to external morals, ethics, traditions, customs, groups

Fi (Introverted Feeling) (50%)
your valuation of / adherence to the sanctity of your own feelings / ideals / sentiment

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
based on your results your type is likely - entj
@Gray Romantic
Confirmed.

·
Registered
6,303 Posts
@TheBrokenOne I’d say to not rely on tests, but nevertheless you know best so if you say you’re an ENTJ you know yourself best (after all I don’t know you personally I’m basically a stranger online lol) so yeah, if you say ENTJ I take your word for it! If you’re sure, you’re sure :D woohoo bring in the female ENTJs because they’re badass and take no shit.

(favorite ENTJ ever)

Anyway congrats yayyy~

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.