Personality Cafe banner

Limbic INTJs

8K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  Muhammad 
#1 ·
For anyone who scores as a Limbic INTJ (RLOEI, as opposed to Calm INTJ, RCOEI) on the Big 5/SLOAN scale, how does being Limbic affect your personality in the INTJ sense? Limbic refers to neuroticism, so stress, anxiety, frustration, and other such emotions are more prevalent in us than someone who is calm and peaceful all the time.

I think a lot of the general INTJ descriptions are probably oriented on Calm personalities, so I wondered what other Limbic INTJs experience and how your neuroticism affects your INTJ personality.

#2 ·
How do I find out my leanings? I'd say I was the calm sort.

Extroversion results were very low which suggests you are extremely reclusive, quiet, unassertive, and private.

Orderliness results were moderately high which suggests you are, at times, overly organized, neat, structured and restrained at the expense too often of flexibility, variety, spontaneity, and fun.

Emotional Stability results were very high which suggests you are extremely relaxed, calm, secure, and optimistic.

Accommodation results were low which suggests you are overly selfish, uncooperative, and difficult at the expense too often of the well being of others.

Inquisitiveness results were high which suggests you are very intellectual, curious, imaginative but possibly not very practical.

Your Global5/SLOAN type is RCOEI
Your Primary type is Reserved

You scored as introverted and intellectually curious.

What does it all mean??? Lol

#5 ·
How do I find out my leanings? I'd say I was the calm sort.

What does it all mean??? Lol
It pretty much corresponds to Reserved=I, Orderly=J, Egocentric=T, Inquisitive=N so INTJ in MBTI terms.

And you scored Calm, so, not Limbic.

#3 ·
Big Five Test Results

Extroversion (52%) medium which suggests you average somewhere in between being assertive and social and being withdrawn and solitary.
Accommodation (74%) high which suggests you are overly kind natured, trusting, and helpful at the expense too often of your own individual development (martyr complex).
Orderliness (32%) moderately low which suggests you are, at times, overly flexible, random, scattered, and fun seeking at the expense of structure, reliability, work ethic, and long term accomplishment.
Emotional Stability (20%) low which suggests you are very worrying, insecure, emotional, and anxious.
Inquisitiveness (74%) high which suggests you are very intellectual, curious, imaginative but possibly not very practical.
Take Free Big Five Personality Test
Personality Test by SimilarMinds.com

#8 ·
Hmm, not so many Limbic INTJs so far. ;)

For me, I'd definitely say I over-analyze, worry, and feel anxious, uncertain, and insecure (in a physical safety sense) quite a bit. I don't think I'm especially prone to anger or aggravation, nor am I particularly wound up in a choleric sort of way. When I'm not anxious I feel even-tempered most of the time.

Speaking of this general topic, any of you score as 6 or 5w6 or anything on the enneagram? (I don't know much at all about the enneagram here myself.) How does that manifest as part of your INTJ personality?

#6 ·
I score as SLOAI, however I've been battling undiagnosed bipolar for the last two years and I'm also 4w3 sx/so, so I see my results as having a lot to do with that.

I guess people perceive me as being much different than I actually am (outgoing and gregarious in one on one interactions or small groups) and I'm quite emotional, even though I'm extremely uncomfortable with my feelings and experience them as a definite weak spot.

Reactions: Figure and Dan E
#9 ·
I can commonly get different results on SLOAN depending on my mood when I take it. I have gotten the RLOEI result before. Especially on things that I am not familiar with I will over analyze things and am can have anxiety issues(I take klonopin). Just as you aren't prone to anger, I'm not either. Anxiety(as far a INTJ goes) in that it can probably enhance the perfectionist aspect as well as ensuring things are together. As far as social, I'm probably more comfortable with my ideas than I am with people. Most people I know though don't see me as someone with anxiety.

#10 ·
Yeah, I think I have that perfectionist streak too, and I feel nervous/anxious whenever I feel like someone will discover holes in my work, presentation, logic, etc. So I'm never as entirely confident as the typical INTJ profile descriptions suggest.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.