Personality Cafe banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
limping bird, 80 Questions (I am a tricky one)

Block 1

General to specific, specific to general – what does it mean?

maybe inductive and deductive? I don't really know; you could use this different ways. General to specific narrows in on something and specific to general might show how that one thing fits into everything else.

What does "logical" mean? What is your understanding? Do you think that it correlates with the common view?

I think "logic" is a consistent way of thinking by which different people can produce similar results while working independently. I want to say a lot of academics understand it in a similar way, but people throw the word around in situations it doesn't apply, of course. For instance, it can be conflated with "acting reasonable" (which is really subjective) or with "common sense."

How do you explain fractions on the dial of the clock?

I don't think I would use a clock to explain fractions. I'm not sure I understand this question. I guess the three hands move at their respective rates and the second hand moves 60x as fast as the minute hand which moves 60x as fast as the hour hand.

What is a rule? What rules do you have to follow?

A rule is something someone wants you to do consistently. I think I must die, and I probably cannot stand against the Federal Government on my own. I negotiate other things based on the situation.

What is hierarchy? Do you need to follow it? Why or why not?

Hierarchy is where stuff is under other stuff. I... yes? I don't think it's personal...

What do you think of instructions? Do you use them? Could you write an instruction manual? If so, what type of instruction manual would you most likely write?

Instructions are cool and helpful sometimes. I often find myself giving instructions to others... it makes the back of my brain itch a little though because a lot of it has to do with computers or grammar and if people just click around or google stuff they can figure it out on their own.
I could write an instruction manual but wouldn't do it without compensation—seems like frustrating work. I'd probably write a manual on grammar or communicating clearly or something. I feel like I suck at communication myself, though, so it'd probably be hard.

Please explain: "Freedom is in complying with the laws, but not in ignoring the laws"? Do you agree with the statement? Why?

So they're saying your adherence to laws facilitates freedom and chaotic behavior does not. (?)
Taken literally, this is true: If you don't break the laws you (hopefully-maybe-probably) won't go to jail. No further comments ^_^

Tell us how about consistent you are?

Not very.

What is a "standard"? Why do people need it?

Standards distinguish humans from icky biological soup.

You need to put your home library in order. How do you feel about this activity? How will you approach this task?

I feel like this is a very good idea: my home library sprawls over everything inside and outside of my home (it has invaded my car and little private cubbies at my school where nobody cleans) and very little of it is in the bookcase (do I still have a bookcase?) The activity sounds... daunting. I approach this task by doing a variety of other tasks that are more important until it never gets done, all the while bemoaning my own lack of organization.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Block I :L:

Block II :p:

What is work in your opinion? Why do people go to work? Are there any parameters where you can distinguish whether you can do this work or not?
Is there any correlation between quality and quantity? Tell us if or how the price depends on quality?
How do people determine the quality of work? How do you determine such quality? How well can you can determine the quality of any purchase, do you pay any attention to it?
How do you feel if you didn't finish some work? Does it ever happen? What are the reasons?
What is "interesting work" for you? Please explain in detail.
You go to the store and see something you're interested in buying; there is a price tag on it. What parameters are you going to use to understand if it's overpriced, underpriced, or priced correctly?
When you work and someone tells you: "You don't do it right." What is your reaction?
There is a professional right next to you. You always see that you can't perform the way they do. Your feelings, thoughts and actions?
When you have to ask someone else to help you with the task, how do you feel?
You need to build a pyramid exactly like in Egypt. Your thoughts, feelings and actions?

Block III :s:

What is beauty? Do you change your opinion about beauty? Does your understanding correlate with the generally accepted notion? What goes beyond the generally accepted notion?
Please describe your understanding of a beautifully dressed person. What is the core of beauty? How do you explain what is beautiful to a person who has never heard about beauty before?
Is there a template of understanding what beautiful means for everyone to use? Is there such a term as "classical beauty"? If so, what is it?
What is comfort? What is coziness? How do you create your comfort and coziness? How do others evaluate your skill in doing so? Do you agree with them?
How do you pick your own clothes? Do you follow fashion? Why? Do you know how to select clothes for different types of figures?
How do you cook? Do you follow recipes? What do others think of your skill?
Are you good at color patterns and mixing them and matching?
If someone is telling you what is beautiful and what is not, what goes with what color and what is not, do you agree with this person?
Tell us how you'd design any room, house or an office. Do you do it yourself or trust someone else to do it? Why?
How do you know if a person has bad taste? Could you give us an example? Do you always trust your own taste or do you seek opinions from others?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Block II​

What is work in your opinion?

I think work has something to do with heat, ATP, and maybe radiation (don't quote me on this).

Why do people go to work?

To put money in the bank so that they can protect themselves and lop off body parts as they start decaying.
(I am lying; some people love their work. I definitely will.)

Are there parameters that distinguish whether you can do this work or not?

I haven't found them yet. I feel personally capable of completing most tasks in a superior fashion, yet profoundly incapable of motivating myself to do so :biggrin:

Is there any correlation between quality and quantity?

I want to say there is a slight inverse correlation. Usually something that inundates you in high quantities is of inferior grade. However, if you consider effort as a quantitative value (not sure how you would accomplish this), then yes, there is a strong positive correlation between effort and quality.

Tell us if or how the price depends on quality.

It doesn't, necessarily. High-end stuff is usually high quality, and low-end, low quality, but mediocre products range throughout and I think sometimes good things go on sale, but that is some kind of marketing strategy to avoid? I mean I have bought things because they were on sale and felt daft about it later since :redface:

How do people determine the quality of work?

Some people use the aforementioned noble standards and judge fairly. But people with sound judgment are hard to come by. Many others offer senseless evaluations based on the weather, how much coffee they've had, the blind spots in their retinas, and the patterns in their tea leaves.

How do you determine such quality?

Analyze the extent to which the product achieves its original aims. (Though in practice I don't often do this.)
Your product is of an inferior quality because the next sentence features a comma splice. (The wind howls outside my window.)

How well can you determine the quality of any purchase? Do you pay any attention to it?

I want to say I don't pay much attention to this because I buy shit and realize it has holes in it later.

How do you feel if you don't finish your work? Does it ever happen? What are the reasons?

Um really really bad and it happens constantly because I don't like some of my assignments; I also think it happens because everyone loves me and gives me As regardless of how much I fuck up so I lose motivation to do well :(

What is interesting work for you? Please explain in detail.

I know it when I see it. All the lights go on in my brain and everything converges into a thesis and boom, interesting :D

How do you determine price of something? (See above for original question).

If it is over twenty dollars it is expensive? If it fits in a pocketbook it is cheap. JKJK! I tell many crass jokes :(
Sometimes I can remember what I paid for it before. If not then I just try to ask a lot of questions and look tough.

When you work and someone tells you "you didn't do it right," what is your reaction?

I might yell or argue if it's something that doesn't matter, and make sure they do it next time since they care so much.
But on something I value I have more deference, especially for people who evince their expertise by consistently superior arguments. I'm pretty good at admitting when I'm wrong, so if someone doesn't approach me with that imperious and often unjustified attitude then I will probably listen and try to do better next time.

There is a professional right next to you. You always see that you can't perform the way they do. Your feelings, thoughts, and actions?

Hide.

When you have to ask someone else to help with a task, how do you feel?

Guilty

You need to build a pyramid exactly like in Egypt. Your thoughts, feelings, and actions?

No

Dreaming about returning to mounds of dead earth is something ancient people did. This is no longer necessary since we have cable. We don't rise up to heaven because it no longer exists. Any modern imitation would pale in comparison, even if it was upgraded with fiber optics. I would not do this, nor would I abide anyone in my social circle undertaking such dishonorable projects.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Block III

What is beauty?

A standard of external elegance

Do you change your opinion about beauty? --Stuff about "generally accepted notion"--

Always. I think my notion of beauty usually redefines itself based on who is involved. For instance, I do not subscribe to weight standards for women. Some are beautiful thin and some are beautiful heavy. I want people to fit themselves somehow, yet in practice this is rarely an issue.

Please describe your understanding of a beautifully dressed person. What is the core of beauty? How do you explain what is beautiful to a person who has never heard about beauty before?

I don't understand how people dress beautifully. I manage it on occasion by virtue of dumb luck.
If I wear all black then I am sure to match myself.
I already explained the core of beauty. It is nebulous and subjective and not worth considering.
I would tell them not to worry about it and that external ugliness is far more glamorous anyway~

Is there a template of understanding what beautiful means for everyone to use?

Hell no. It's inherently subjective.

Is there such a term as "classical beauty"? If so, what is it?

Yes, the term exists because it exists. It doesn't mean anything important, unless you are KKK or neo nazi who wants to pedestalize blue eyes and creamy skin and blonde hair. These questions grow stupid.

What is comfort?

Being accepted by your enviornment and the people around you

What is coziness?

Coziness is self-actualization for house pets.
I remember feeling particularly cozy, though, if it is raining and very cold outside and I am inside in the light

How do you create comfort and coziness?

Turn on the heater and do not ever wear damp clothing--this is a fate worse than death.

How do others evaluate your skill in doing so? Do you agree with them?

I don't invite people over to my house, and now I have a good reason for it :biggrin: I think if other people started criticizing my comfort levels then I would have to throw them out. And that would be rude.

How do you pick your own clothes?

I pick what is prettiest and also a bit subdued. I don't want to stand out because I am somewhat pretty and don't like it when people take notice, unless they are someone I might be interested in. I can wear most clothing in a flattering way because I am thin so it looks like it is still on the hanger :D

Do you follow fashion? Why?

Not really, but sometimes I like looking at it. Some of it gets silly trying to be original. I find my own sense of fashion in things that are sleek and dark.

Do you know how to select clothes for different types of figures?

I have no reason to learn this skill. All clothing looks beautiful on me provided I am not swimming in it.

How do you cook? Do you follow recipes? What do others think of your skill?
Are you good at color patterns and mixing them and matching?

I cook daily by picking up the phone and calling the carry out place, or walking through the mall, etc. Once I was supposed to go to this stupid thing that I didn't have the wherewithal to say no to. They also compelled me to make food because they were sadistic. So I bought freezer food, put it in the oven, watched it carefully, and said I made it from scratch of course.

Last time I needed a color pattern I found one on Google.

If someone is telling you what is beautiful and what is not, what goes with what color and what is [sic] not, do you agree with this person?

I will probably assume they are trying to assert their acculturation which means they are probably deeply uncouth :tongue:

Tell us how you'd design any room, house, or an office. Do you do it yourself or trust someone else to do it? Why?

I probably do it myself since others will put annoying doilies and never defer to simple elegance. But then that means it will not be done since all of my walls are white and free of posters.

How do you know if a person has bad taste? Could you give us an example? Do you always trust your own taste or do you seek opinions from others?

If they talk about the personal affairs of others with no discretion then they have poor taste. I always trust myself since I am the paragon of sensibility

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Block IV :f:​

Can you line up human resources and make them do things? What methods do you use? Can you press people? If so, how does it happen?

I feel like I can do this, but I only ever do it accidentally. Sometimes people will do things for you if you ask, though.

~~My riveting conversation~~

I can upset people. Sometimes this is also unintentional

What is incursion? How do you deal with this?

When someone touches my things and I do not know them. I feel incursions in accidental contact on buses.
I do not like hugs or people touching my face. It makes me want to do them violence.
When people ask me personal questions I lie by default. When people want to get to know me I become wary. Men usually want to fuck me and women usually want to fuck me over.
I do not like smelling other people, even if it is perfume. Body odor is even more offensive.
I do not like hearing people eat. I do not like other people watching me eat, exercise, etc.
In fact, I would rather spend most of my time alone (this is a lie).
Exceptions to this rule are naturally made for significant others (rare), siblings, and close friends.

Edit: Most of this stuff falls under the category of "things people who know me do not know about me," since much of it is a non-issue in daily life... although in recent years I have been more present and active in pulling away from inappropriate or condescending touch

Can you repulse? How easy can you do it?

Despite my various personal charms, I'm afraid I can repulse with far more ease than I can attract.

What does "my people" and "strangers" mean? When do "my people" become "strangers" and why?

My people are outwardly anyone who will side with me and inwardly anyone who will side with me beyond the point where it is reasonable. In nearly every scenario I regard both groups the same. Perhaps in a time of war there would be a difference. Time blurs these faces together: Ultimately, all will become strangers.

Are there strategies of attack? Can you use them? When is it justified?

I can say what I would do in a specific scenario but... no, I cannot tell you "when it is justified"

Do you think it's ok to occupy someone else's territory? In what situations?

I try to watch people and see what is okay with them and what isn't.

What are the methods of volitional force? When is it most effective and in what situations?

Again, I might be able to evaluate it if I saw it, but I cannot list/describe without further prompting.

How do you protect yourself and your interests?

By accidentally "missing out" on times of trouble :biggrin:

Ah, seriously though, I am not sure I would be good at it...

Describe your behavior in the situations of opposition and if you have to use some force?

I don't usually use force: it is much easier for me to outsmart others. I am also very painfully aware when people are overreacting. I can calm some people down but others it will look too silly

Do others think of you as a strong person? Do you think you are a strong person?

Physically, I am stronger than I look. I don't want to say I am a strong person because it connotes like... "I have been through hard times and just put up with it" TRAUMATIZED SURVIVOR nope

How do you understand if a person is strong? Are there any signs of a strong person? What is the core of any force? Why do people listen to one person, but not the other?

I will understand it by their aura.

Not physical signs that I can think of... it is more of a feeling of calm, confidence

The core of any force is probably strength

...because one person is more compelling

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Block V :r:

What is boorishness? Does your understanding of it correlate with the generally accepted notion? How would you explain what boorishness mean to a 10 year old child? How would you explain the same to an adult who does not behave ethically?

From Google:
boor·ish

ˈbo͝oriSH/
adjective

rough and bad-mannered; coarse.

Yes... I would look up this word before using it.

Though actually my notion of manners doesn't jive well with ... most people's... they defer greatly to qualia I tend to discount and vice versa.

I try not to explain things to children. Their brains are not done forming and it makes them very hard to talk to.

How would you improve the moral of the society?

Somehow force everyone to see things as they are, instead of this fairy dreamworld of hey everyone can be happy equal opportunity for all... I mean who are we kidding.

You know I have never met an example but I always thought I'd be able to respect the decisions of a self-aware villain with greater ease. "I am going to burn down this city, and it is horrible and totally unnecessary, but I will do it for my own pleasure because it makes me feel powerful and I have a small penis." #Respect

(I'm not actually joking.)

Can you justify somebody's bad behavior by thinking that he/she wasn't taught how to do so?

Didn't know better? Sure, I think that is totally justified. Thing is, though, I find that shit very ugly, that you aren't aware and can't be bothered to figure it out. Of course, many things people call bad behavior simply make THEM uncomfortable...

Give us your understanding of love. Can you love and punish at the same time?

Love is this thing with chocolate and hard feelings... and hard feelings...

I mean I would naturally rather be on the receiving end of loving punishment :biggrin: But I sort of try to emulate what I'd love to see in others (and fail of course—hypocrisy)

ETA: I feel like in the moment when I punish my feeling anything but love.... still.... the love could easily return in a matter of minutes, especially if I feel remorse for my anger. I will try to make up for it

Have you heard about the Southern hospitality? Everything is for the guest. There is also a German hospitality – the master of the house is always right. What method is the right one? Try to evaluate without the weight of any cultural aspects, traditions, nations etc.

Lol, German hospitality ftw. Southern hospitality makes you into the chump

What is sympathy? When do you need to express it? When is it advised not to?

Sympathy is what A. Smith might have called "familiar feeling." I think expressing it can be burdensome to others because in addition to their own pain they now have to deal with how much pain you are in for seeing their pain, and it becomes a mess

Are there any norms of behavior in the society? Do you follow them? Do people always have to follow them? Why?

Yes.
Not particularly?
Not really... it depends on the norms of behavior. A lot are old-fashioned and they sort of drain the color out of things

How do you know what attitude among people is right or wrong?

Sometimes I get a gut feeling about things. I want to say I'm usually not the one up there screaming "right" or "wrong" though. When it comes to that there's usually a more important consideration that's being obscured by such judgments.

Honestly for many of these questions I'd do better with a 'for instance'

What does moral mean? What is immoral? Does your understanding correlate with the others? How can you evaluate the correctness of your own understanding?

Moral means either a system of making ethical decisions or a system of obscuring ethics to serve your own aims.

Something verges on immoral if it's fundamentally dishonest; especially while masquerading as righteous

Lately immoral for me was one woman putting another woman in a bad spot... I can't stand that shit

I think morality must be corroborated so people don't get upset. Otherwise I evaluate the correctness of my understanding by the real effects it has on people. If you are sad now but better off in the long run, I don't think it's amoral, even if it's not a conventional solution

Somebody is giving you a negative attitude – what is your reaction? Could you show your own negative attitude toward someone else? If so, how? Could you give a person the silent treatment? How easily do you forgive people?

First, I have tried the silent treatment (recently) and I pretty much can't maintain it. When I see others employing it it strikes me as prissy and misguided... if anything talking would at least bring their conflicts to a head. Stalemates bug me I guess

I forgive pretty easily if the person deserves it. I'm exceptionally good at seeing my own fault in things so if the other person explains themselves without trying to show me up, I will probably acknowledge my own hand without assistance (On the other hand, if someone tries to accuse me I am not terribly mature about it. I will, at the very least, disagree vehemently...)

I usually match negative attitude with negative attitude. Sometimes I amplify it. I show negative attitudes by antagonizing ~ this according to an acquaintance of mine (which, I feel like I have heard it before...)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Block VI :e:

"Whole world does not cost one tear of child" – how do you understand this phrase? Do you agree with this opinion?

Based on a limited understanding: you cannot compromise your beliefs even for great things...

To a large extent I agree. When it is something I personally believe in, I am like a dog with a bone who will die of starvation for not letting it go, even if their surroundings turn to plenty... a principled moron :biggrin:

Is it acceptable to express emotions? Give examples of inappropriate expression of emotions.

"Giggling at a funeral" comes to mind, but perhaps this is cliched :proud: I think there are plenty of funerals that merit a giggle. If nobody can giggle at mine I will look from the afterlife and know I have no friends

Um but I really don't appreciate it when people are going off the deep end when it is time to focus. Emotions should be limited I think, when we are trying to get stuff done

Can you use negative emotions? In what situations?

I feel like lately I have used a lot of negative emotions to reprimand. Recently in a situation where people were acting in a way that I deemed unethical because they were absolutely ignoring a vital consideration because they found it unsightly...

How do you express negative emotions? What does it look like? What do others think about it?

Step 1: Fuck you :biggrin:
Step 2: Seriously what the fuck is your problem... [insults, disparaging glance, etc]
Step 3: Why?
Step 4: (optional) --Oh, I see.
Step 5: [someone else comments from sidelines about how rude I am etcetera]
Step 6: [I decide to fight with that person instead]
Step 7: Was I wrong? Tell me, was I wrong?
Step 8: [voices from above sing out "you were wrong~~" lol]

Mostly it is more mild, as in taunting, e.g.

Shallow emotions – what does it mean? Are there any other emotions?

I think that emotional depth is mostly subjective. Seriously, people don't agree on this
For rare connections, certain emotions don't need expressing
Mostly emotions are shallow and perfectly fine that way.

What are right or wrong emotions?

No such creatures exist~
Or rather: if you have an emotion you already have a reason for feeling that way because you already feel that way

Can you change the emotional state of yourself? Of others? To what side – positive or negative?

I think I am pretty good at dragging people down sometimes :sorrow:
but I'd like to think I can also cheer people up
I feel like my emotions catch on others easily and vice versa, especially irl
I can only alter own emotional state with much difficulty (if at all)

What does it mean to "pour out your emotions"? How does it happen?

when you don't have a filter and let whatever you're feeling loose on the people around you
if you regularly cannot reign in this behavior and are causing problems
it means you're basically a cunt

Does your internal emotional state correlate with what you show externally?

I'd say there is a slight delay. Sometimes I get mad in hindsight

Do you track what mood you are in throughout the day? Do you notice the mood of others?

I don't know that I actually track it... I notice but do not keep track. I think I'm pretty sensitive to the moods of others, but I don't always know how to respond.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Block VII :t:

Do you like surprises?

If it is a good surprise then naturally I will stand for it ^_^

How people change? How do you feel about those changes? Can others see the changes?

I'd say people really can change, but I nevertheless regard "changes" with skepticism — usually they aren't what they appear to be
Honestly I don't think many people are good at discerning this

Is it true that whatever happens is only for the best?

psh no... I mean if you want to get abstract, there is probably someone who benefits from your misery, but they could be a pedophile or something (and yet if you experience misery I will say you are lucky in a way. there is no ethical way to impose misery on people but it is only from this that people ever really grow... you cannot heal if you've never been broken. you cannot sail if you've never become unmoored... thus it is misery which impels people to change. and then again, although I'd say all great people have miserable origins, few people with miserable origins ever become great.... you will probably just suffer for no reason :biggrin:)

What do you think of horoscopes, fortune telling etc.? Do you believe in luck, lucky fortuity?

eh, I'm a bit of a dork but sometimes I do believe in luck. I have that thing psychologists call magical thinking (if I leave a flower petal under the doorstop then it will keep people from entering with bad energy, yes it will~)
but no, fortune telling is a bunch of scams imo. if I had the money it's a scam I might pay for, so cute, but not legit :proud:

Can you forecast events? Is it even real?

I think it's real but ... ... no I don't think I can :proud:

What is time? How do you feel time? Can you "kill" time? How?

time is the glue that holds together experiences so they cohere linearly rather than just falling in a jumble
I don't know how I feel it, except sometimes I sense things are paced strangely. And sometimes I infer a lot from the ordering and temporal placement, but only sometimes
I do feel time running out, but I also have psych issues so this could be NTR
you kill time when you are doing nothing important: when you let yourself become mired in the cycle of eat-sleep-shit-repeat and become thoughtlessly stagnant

Is it easy for you to wait for some important event? What if you don’t know when it is supposed to happen?

then I will talk about it a lot, or think about it a lot, possibly to the exclusion of other things
I don't know if easy or hard; not easy, but in comparison with others maybe I am more patient sometimes

Edit: To this I should add that sometimes my reality narrows to a pinpoint channel where only one item can pass and it must go before all the others, so sometimes I am terribly impatient when a certain ordering has been disrupted and will not stand for anything more or less than the perfect realignment. at the risk of sounding Se base, I will employ all of my available resources to forestall everything and wait for this moment (but then again I take psych meds to keep me sane so whateverrrrr)

Do you need help creating forecasts and determining how something will end? Do you trust those forecasts?

sometimes, yes. I especially need help figuring out how logistics might play out
not really unless they come to me independently. if someone else forecasts I will smile and agree but probably not believe, because I want to, and rupturing beliefs hurts more than most things

Are you normally late? How do you react if someone is late?

lol I am a huge hypocrite about this... I hate it when others are late, and look down on them, but I am frequently late myself (when depressed, I can almost never be on time even when I deem it important)

Imagine the situation where you agreed to meet with someone. Your feelings and actions: a) 20 minutes before the meeting starts, b) 5 minutes before the meeting starts, c) it is time for the meeting to start, but the person is not here, d) 20 minutes after the meeting start time and the person is not here, e) more time and the person is still not here…

a) what if they do not show, what will I do? They will probably not show and I must be prepared. what if they don't like me, what if my hair is bad, what if I do something very strange and make them think I am sociopath... why did I come here early? Fuck I will only spend this time in anxiety and I know this... fuck fuck fuck. Maybe I still have time to go back home? No I don't. What is over there, I can act occupied...
b) 5 minutes... if important meeting: time dilates tremendously... try not to look frantically occupied but time it very correctly so that I am heading back towards them just as they approach... I have discovered a way to stand that will let me see them and they will not see me... Why did I agree to this meeting? it is sure to go dreadfully...
c) I have just timed it precisely so I am walking in their direction but I did not meet them, yes I will walk a little farther to be sure, but they are not here... okay turn around and walk back then. if they are late I will present them with my posterior. Ugh, they obviously hate me! Maybe I should leave and tell them I simply couldn't wait due to pressing engagements? No, they are probably coming with some stupid excuse, but I don't want to be this forgiving person... oh here they come! No that is not them. Fuckitty fuck. (If it is a date prepare to flirt with someone else while I wait, or at least engage in bright conversation with someone of similar age/gender to the person so that I can accidentally ignore them as they approach)
d) I am still pacing around trying to look indifferent to their lateness because I am already better occupied ... ho-hum, 20 minutes? They are not coming. Depends on the engagement: Date I would leave. Business I would be compelled to stay but plotting some kind of ... you made me wait a whole hour for you so I must have the day off next time, this is fair, right?
e) I have probably left. Looking back my first question, before they were even late, was "what if they do not show" ... sounds accurate for me. if I am 20 minutes early and they are 20 minutes late, 40 minutes has elapsed and I probably cannot tolerate waiting around any longer

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Block VIII :i:

Is there a meaning of life? In what? Is it the same for everybody?

I don't know. This is the kind of thing I wondered during my youth, and asked people just to see what they would say. I never heard a good answer
Lol of course it isn't the same.

What should be done so people can be happy?

should be done? I don't know that anything should be done. it would be nice etcetera... but again this is make-believe.

In the situations with a lot of potential and volatility will you trust your own guts, logically calculating everything or will you ask people you trust what should be done?

both ^_^

When you meet a stranger, what can you say about them right away? How do you know what this person is all about? Does it take long to understand someone's talents?

Right away, I can tell something with aura, sometimes. I don't know what this encompasses exactly — intelligent or not? disturbed or not? interested or not? poised or not? calm or not? dangerous or not? — only a feeling. Sometimes incorrect
I am not trying to find this answer, only looking to their reactions/interactions, especially as I pretend not to notice what I have seen
probably? I mean I can see talents in people pretty readily, but as for myself where I am poised to see it best, I cannot account at least for the extent of my abilities since I don't think it has ever been explored

Remember an interesting person and call out 5-6 qualities you think are interesting in them. What makes an interesting person? Are you an interesting person? Why? What if someone calls you "boring" and "not interesting"?

He was still, like in his gestures there was something still, and when he raised his hand in class he almost looked bored, though too intent for boredom, but it was a sort of measured serenity, like he couldn't care less whether the teacher called on him yet expected her to do it quite rapidly and she did in turn, sometimes even calling him ahead of the people who got more excited
Second, he made the most noble excuses for my failures (would say more but ~:ghost3:~)
Third, he was an amazing writer though I did not notice this at first because I was angry that he dd not acknowledge my skills, and never did. His writing was creepy and unnerving, got under your skin made you think and squirm
:exterminate:
Fourth, he was like, this giant pain, making things and then breaking them himself :proud:
Fifth, I think he was legitimately nice, which is highly unusual. He probably never got beat up as a child~ jk but maybe. He seemed psychologically healthy, practical, and very stable. Weird, no?
He is interesting because I would make allowances for more things that piss me off :apologetic:
No, I am quite boring.
Eh? I just called myself boring; it is fine ^_^

What opinions, from people who know you, seem: a) fair; b) not fair; c) hurtful; d) strange.

What? The last question was essay. This section is too long.

Do you fantasize? What kind of fantasies do you have?

Very regularly. I cannot say because they would spoil my sweet, sweet reputation

(It isn't just sex: I have delusions of grandeur like wtfffff)

What qualities should a person have to be successful and why?

straightforward
practical
intelligent

No, I'm not going to explain my subjective opinion lolol

What qualities can stop a person from being successful and why?

mental illness
stupid
making excuses
impractical, cannot remember appointments
make a mess with social arrangements

because it will shit up everything of course :disturbed:

What is more important in life – to be a good person or be a successful one? Why? Is a good person always successful? If not, then why?

Eh EHHH I cannot answer :biggrin:
Be a good person of course, but I would rather be successful myself
Good people get shit on mostly, so probably not success
If I have any goodness in myself, I will definitely hide from grabbing hands and present nastiness first and last

·
Registered
994 Posts
Your Si block was rather underwhelming and you said some things that seem to suggest Fe values in the Fi block. I have nothing against EIE, I guess, but I guess questionnaires should be take with a grain of salt since it is easy to distort who you are in your self-presentation, not that I'm saying you're doing it on purpose. But based on this, I see nothing which contradicts EIE.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Your Si block was rather underwhelming and you said some things that seem to suggest Fe values in the Fi block. I have nothing against EIE, I guess, but I guess questionnaires should be take with a grain of salt since it is easy to distort who you are in your self-presentation, not that I'm saying you're doing it on purpose. But based on this, I see nothing which contradicts EIE.

I think I'm probably Fe ego (ethical and Fi-devaluing), and a lot of people say EIE, so it might be right.

But yeahhh what you said is basically what I worry about: I'm not distorting it on purpose of course, but what if I'm falling prey to the forer effect, and wanting to see patterns where there are none, etcetera...?

To counter this I did the questionnaire "blind" (not really, because some of the questions were kind of transparent, but I didn't realize until halfway through section 4 :)f:) that each section corresponded with an IE, and I honest-to-god thought that Fi and Fe were switched while I was answering them, so it helped a bit I guess :)

(Btw the people who type me EIE have interacted with me for more than a year, including in online gaming and video chat and that sort of thing, so they've actually seen me... but still. I am worried I'm like secretly alpha, since I don't want to be—alpha quadra is the only one that bothers me because it seems flighty and chilly/indifferent and somewhat irreverent with stuff I want to take seriously... but then again, I get along with LII better than most types... as usual I am overthinking =D )

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
what I really want is for someone who is highly skilled at socionics—and detecting lies—to dedicate the time required to pick through my responses answer by answer... of course that is not the way of this forum...

**stares morosely out the window, heaving tremendous sighs every 3.5 minutes**

·
Registered
994 Posts
I think I'm probably Fe ego (ethical and Fi-devaluing), and a lot of people say EIE, so it might be right.

But yeahhh what you said is basically what I worry about: I'm not distorting it on purpose of course, but what if I'm falling prey to the forer effect, and wanting to see patterns where there are none, etcetera...?

To counter this I did the questionnaire "blind" (not really, because some of the questions were kind of transparent, but I didn't realize until halfway through section 4 :)f:) that each section corresponded with an IE, and I honest-to-god thought that Fi and Fe were switched while I was answering them, so it helped a bit I guess :)

(Btw the people who type me EIE have interacted with me for more than a year, including in online gaming and video chat and that sort of thing, so they've actually seen me... but still. I am worried I'm like secretly alpha, since I don't want to be—alpha quadra is the only one that bothers me because it seems flighty and chilly/indifferent and somewhat irreverent with stuff I want to take seriously... but then again, I get along with LII better than most types... as usual I am overthinking =D )
LII would be semidual so thats mostly good.

I don't think that being flighty is a sign of alpha, I mean it is, but not exclusively. Other types can be that, way, especially iNtuitive.

what I really want is for someone who is highly skilled at socionics and detecting lies to dedicate the time required to pick through my responses answer by answer...

**stares morosely out the window, heaving tremendous sighs every 3.5 minutes**
Sorry, I thought I was being nice by taking the time to answer your questionnaire.

Who decides who is "highly skilled at socionics"? Seems pretty subjective.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
LII would be semidual so thats mostly good.

I don't think that being flighty is a sign of alpha, I mean it is, but not exclusively. Other types can be that, way, especially iNtuitive.
Good point

Sorry, I thought I was being nice by taking the time to answer your questionnaire.
lol don't do it to be nice =P

Who decides who is "highly skilled at socionics"? Seems pretty subjective.
sorry, sorry — was making a broad statement about my disappointment with PerC (I edited to make this more clear before I even saw your response), but was not meant to be directed at you (though you are the only person who has answered this thread, so it is me being ridiculous)

the "highly skilled at socionics" thing is a challenge (also directed towards the forum and not you specifically). I started talking to people who were into it a bit over a year ago, and have read a bunch of the translated literature... so I am pretty good, and can tell when others have not read things, etcetera (but can't type myself, because I'm definitely biased.)

·
Registered
994 Posts
Lol, its cool. I get where you're coming from.

Yeah, I am biased as well. About myself that is. I can see others more clearly than I can see myself. Or maybe its the other way around and I can see myself through so many angles that I just see more possibilities than in someone I know only half-well.

I'm not trying to take about myself, this is your thread. But I'm saying that because I'm assuming you feel the same way.

But why do you think you are Fe ego? I know other people have told you that. But what do you think?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Lol, its cool. I get where you're coming from.

Yeah, I am biased as well. About myself that is. I can see others more clearly than I can see myself. Or maybe its the other way around and I can see myself through so many angles that I just see more possibilities than in someone I know only half-well.
Probably the latter

OFF TOPIC

I am considering what you just said about possibilities and multifacetedness as minor evidence that you've strong :i: (Ni or Ne ego) or else H-P cognition

I'm not trying to take about myself, this is your thread.
speaking of which, I was in the middle of attempting to close-analyze your Ti block when I decided to get distracted and come to my own thread for a second — just a second! Lol. Does this forum have a chat function? would be more convenient

But why do you think you are Fe ego? I know other people have told you that. But what do you think?

ehh it is an understanding that has come to me slowly over the past year, just watching people interact and stuff (if nothing else, socionics forces you to consider other people, no? ^_^ —which helps me since I'm naturally quite selfish :ghost3:)... anyway I don't think I can convey my understanding of it briefly

then again, if I can't put it into words, maybe it is false?

Actually first a lot of people thought I was gamma (since I am sort of prickly at times?) but then I read model A and was looking especially to inert/contact functions, and comparing those with Fe descriptions... decided (at that time) that I had inert Fe specifically in slot 1 or 4 (so Fe base or Fe polr), and Fe polr didn't really match my behavior (I'm on the line between introversion and extroversion, but I'm a bit noisy for an Fe polr, I think)... and once I started thinking about myself as merry, it wasn't hard to see Ti-seeking in my behaviors (Dear everyone: please explain this in a way that makes sense to me! lol)
so that's part of it I guess

·
Registered
3,277 Posts
Actually first a lot of people thought I was gamma (since I am sort of prickly at times?) but then I read model A and was looking especially to inert/contact functions, and comparing those with Fe descriptions... decided (at that time) that I had inert Fe specifically in slot 1 or 4 (so Fe base or Fe polr), and Fe polr didn't really match my behavior (I'm on the line between introversion and extroversion, but I'm a bit noisy for an Fe polr, I think)... and once I started thinking about myself as merry, it wasn't hard to see Ti-seeking in my behaviors (Dear everyone: please explain this in a way that makes sense to me! lol)
so that's part of it I guess
Gamma lol.. I remember asking you very early on about things to determine Fe ego for you :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts