Personality Cafe banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I mean, since we're in the period of time in which the most recent Ballon d'Or winner is hailed as if he is a god, let's just discuss Leo anyways :tongue:

And also, since i'm the one to think of posting this thread, i'll just do what every OP does and post my VERY IMPORTANT opinions where everyone will see them: In the original post! Great idea, whoever started this!! :rolleyes::laughing:

Alright.

---------------------

MBTI: ISFP

Step one: He's obviously an introvert. Ask anyone who's known him since childhood the question of how he was like as a child, and their response will definitely include words like shy, introverted, quiet, etc. He internalized the meaning of playing football, and then put it on display for us. We are blessed.

Step two: Look at the way he never stops looking around, listening, observing. He's so aware of his physical environment. Keeps his focus on the present, has internal ideas of the future he wishes to achieve, but works on the present and the present only to achieve them.

Step three: He takes things from a personal perspective, no matter how calm and collected he is. That's just his introversion plus Fi, because in his case, he internalizes everything and doesn't express his feelings that much. If you look carefully into how he references the people around him, or how he acts around them, you'll see. I'll say more on this when proving he's Fi-dom.

Step four: To be honest, Leo doesn't seem to be much of a long-term planner. He's not disorganized, but he prefers to keep it cool and improvise instead of plan everything out. And, of course, his unpredictability on the pitch comes from a clear preference to improvise than go with previously planned routines.

Jung: FiSe

Step one: This article proves his Fi-dominance. How he decided to not dwell over that long-term (thanks to Xavi) is part of his main Enneagram type, which i will explain below.

Step two: Like i said above, he's just so aware of his physical environment, and so focused on the present (and very practically so), that he has to be Se.

---------------------

Enneatype: 9w8 2w1 5w4

Step one: He represses feelings to keep peace, all the time. Sometimes, though, he does get really angry from the repression and goes for 8-ish "revenge" and "justice", aka what he wants instead of what makes everyone happy and complete, from his POV (see article linked above). And then all he needs is a little help from Xavi to get back onto a healthier 9 track.

Step two: Okay, it's easy to see that his life is not just football. He's got a lot of interests ranging anywhere from FIFA to basketball to fancy restaurants, but what he's really focused on is friends and family. Of course, it's clear that Lionel Messi does not possess the 2 pride or whatever, but he is verrrrry focused on serving others, making people happy. And judging by the articles i linked, he needs some love from time to time, too ;) He's very perfectionistic about people (e.g. when he said he'd give up all his personal honours to make the people of his country happy, but punishes himself very hard internally and feels very hurt when his efforts don't succeed) It looks like Luis Enrique's been offering enough encouragement lately to have stopped what could've been a disaster thanks to Leo's peacekeeping instincts, repressed anger, and likely unreciprocated appreciation.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Step three: The way he withdraws into his mind when other methods fail is clear - he did that when he was struggling with the hormone deficiency, withdrawing and giving all he had to master football in order to make it worth the sacrifice. (Note: It was his family's sacrifice, which only made it more important for him to succeed, so he could repay them to show that he loves them too - 2 - and to restore the balance - 9 - that had been stolen away from him ever since the doctor confirmed his diagnosis.)

Make sense? :proud::tongue::kitteh:

Reactions: chitoh

·
Registered
535 Posts
Messi helped me make clear that a colleague of mine is ISFP, because he's similar with Messi. I tought the guy was either ISFP or ISTP 9 but watching Messi and seeing the similarities it made clear.He looks like such a Fi-dom in interviews :), supported of course by Se.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Undoubtedly the greatest player of this era!! Never been a barca fan, but immense respect for this guy.
From your explanation on his FiSe and 925, I can assume that he will certainly not take up managing after he retire.

Reactions: EonsInTheNight

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Undoubtedly the greatest player of this era!! Never been a barca fan, but immense respect for this guy.
From your explanation on his FiSe and 925, I can assume that he will certainly not take up managing after he retire.
I know, he is unarguably the greatest! Lol, he never struck me as the manager type either. My aunt suggested he could go for FIFA president after retirement, but after Blatter and the rest of the corrupt-ness...eh, nah XD too much insincerity for a Fi-dom :wink::tongue:

Also, i've heard various people suggesting that Ronaldo may be Messi's opposite in terms of MBTI - would you agree?

·
Registered
165 Posts
I know, he is unarguably the greatest! Lol, he never struck me as the manager type either. My aunt suggested he could go for FIFA president after retirement, but after Blatter and the rest of the corrupt-ness...eh, nah XD too much insincerity for a Fi-dom :wink::tongue:

Also, i've heard various people suggesting that Ronaldo may be Messi's opposite in terms of MBTI - would you agree?
I would say Ronaldo is an ESFP though. Clearly Se-dom as not only of his command on the field, but coupled with Fi, his narcissism and sense of style. He is certainly an extravert, and a sensor for his quick decisions and command on the moment on the field, a feeler because of all the attention he needs, and a perceiver, because as a player he has to be open to his surroundings and all that.

His enneatype would be 3w2; very driven, self conscious, and a philanthropist, but a little unhealthy being quite image-conscious.

(I'm not a Madrid fan; I'm a Sociedad fan, please don't ask me how we're doing this season. :laughing:)

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would say Ronaldo is an ESFP though. Clearly Se-dom as not only of his command on the field, but coupled with Fi, his narcissism and sense of style. He is certainly an extravert, and a sensor for his quick decisions and command on the moment on the field, a feeler because of all the attention he needs, and a perceiver, because as a player he has to be open to his surroundings and all that.

His enneatype would be 3w2; very driven, self conscious, and a philanthropist, but a little unhealthy being quite image-conscious.

(I'm not a Madrid fan; I'm a Sociedad fan, please don't ask me how we're doing this season. :laughing:)
"Narcissism" :rolleyes::laughing:

No seriously, i just find it funny, despite the way it's actually so true. All due respect to CR though, we gotta thank him for his great football. (Soccer? Whatever ¯\_(ツ)_/¯)

Good point, he does make good decisions on the spurt of the moment...or however that saying goes. Although sometimes it's kind of hard to say that Ne-doms don't have good instincts in the moment too, i know lots of Ne-doms who can improvise on the field. Idk, it kinda depends on how you see the functions work in real life. It's hard to say, i mean, it's so easy to confuse the two ExFP types :laughing:

I used to think he would be 3w4, but naw. 3w2 seems more like it.

Aw, yeah, sometimes that happens. It sucked when Barcelona's 2013-14 season kinda just went down :/ But i actually respect Sociedad. You guys play good football, unlike Espanyol, who just randomly try to kill our players with the excuse "they've got certain advantages so we gotta use 'force' to fight their 'actual football', yeah" :laughin: Sorry, i find weird things funny, haha. Btw do you support any other teams outside of La Liga? (Some ppl say it gets a bit boring, idk)

·
Registered
165 Posts
"Narcissism" :rolleyes::laughing:

No seriously, i just find it funny, despite the way it's actually so true. All due respect to CR though, we gotta thank him for his great football. (Soccer? Whatever ¯\_(ツ)_/¯)

Good point, he does make good decisions on the spurt of the moment...or however that saying goes. Although sometimes it's kind of hard to say that Ne-doms don't have good instincts in the moment too, i know lots of Ne-doms who can improvise on the field. Idk, it kinda depends on how you see the functions work in real life. It's hard to say, i mean, it's so easy to confuse the two ExFP types :laughing:

I used to think he would be 3w4, but naw. 3w2 seems more like it.

Aw, yeah, sometimes that happens. It sucked when Barcelona's 2013-14 season kinda just went down :/ But i actually respect Sociedad. You guys play good football, unlike Espanyol, who just randomly try to kill our players with the excuse "they've got certain advantages so we gotta use 'force' to fight their 'actual football', yeah" :laughin: Sorry, i find weird things funny, haha. Btw do you support any other teams outside of La Liga? (Some ppl say it gets a bit boring, idk)
We all have our preferences between Messi and Ronaldo, don't we all think how lucky we are to see them both play in the same era?

Intuitive-dominant types tend to be a little "absent" from the world around them, so I don't really think that would describe a quick to react person and on-the-field decisive person like Ronaldo. Ronaldo doesn't have his head in the clouds like some N-types hehe. N comes in handy when managing though, Mourinho is probably an ENTJ, and Arsene Wenger is probably an INTJ. Not the best of players in their ages as a player, but long term strategists. Each functions play a different but necessary role. I'm an Ne-dom, and most of the time, rather than being alert and focused of my surroundings, I am quite absent minded and having my head in the clouds most of the time.

Was really happy to played in the Champions League a few seasons ago. We bowed out gracefully, knowing that this rare occasion might never come again until quite some time. We were disqualified from Europa League another season after too, but those have been valuable lessons. I still have hope we can finish in the top half of the table though this season.

I'm quite a big fan of Arsenal. I watch mostly the English Premier League. I almost never miss any of the matches each week XD. I've also been a long term supporter of Everton, the first team I became a fan of. (It shifted to Arsenal later gradually.)

(Sorry all the things I've said seemed a little confusing. Sometimes I just type too weirdly. +_+)

Reactions: kagayama

·
Registered
46 Posts
RM fan here. Messi is the best player in the world rn, and he deserves his 5th Ballon D'ore. Congratulations!

I want to say something, about typing Messi. Are you sure he is an ISFP?? Why F ?? I think he is a thinker more that a feeler (you can see that from his playing style).

·
Registered
46 Posts
We all have our preferences between Messi and Ronaldo, don't we all think how lucky we are to see them both play in the same era?
I agree on that.

Mourinho is probably an ENTJ, and Arsene Wenger is probably an INTJ.
That seems legit too.

I still have hope we can finish in the top half of the table though this season.
Arsenal needs to stop draining points when playing easy matches w/ teams like the bottom four..

I'm quite a big fan of Arsenal.

I like Arsenal too! Who's your favourite player?

·
Registered
165 Posts
@kagayama

Actually, by top half of the table, I meant by Real Sociedad. We're like the 13th or 14th, something like that and I would actually believe that somehow a miracle could happen and we somehow finish higher than eleven.

I really like Rambo the fighter, but currently Bellerin has great potential. I wanted to say Fabregas, but, but....

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oh, of COURSE! I was so happy to find out that i was caught in the middle of this amazing rivalry when i first started watching soccer/football. I'm honestly so glad to be alive to see both of them in the present moment, and i really don't want to hear that Ronaldo is seeing the "end of his best". Of course i want Messi to do better, but i mean, both of them...like every single person who respects their talents on the pitch, i don't want it to be over :frustrating:

Intuitive-dominant types tend to be a little "absent" from the world around them, so I don't really think that would describe a quick to react person and on-the-field decisive person like Ronaldo. Ronaldo doesn't have his head in the clouds like some N-types hehe. N comes in handy when managing though, Mourinho is probably an ENTJ, and Arsene Wenger is probably an INTJ. Not the best of players in their ages as a player, but long term strategists. Each functions play a different but necessary role. I'm an Ne-dom, and most of the time, rather than being alert and focused of my surroundings, I am quite absent minded and having my head in the clouds most of the time.
That's true, i think, for most Ns. There is the occasional N-dom (especially if they're Ne-dom) who daydreams and participates in activities around them at the same time, and don't seem all that absent-minded, but most N-doms are probably like you described. I'm not sure, though, because it seems like Cristiano could very likely be one of those occasional Ne-doms. It's true that N skills are very useful in managing, but i think a lot of players would use abstract visioning and all that to decide what to do next on the pitch. Football is a combination of N and S - you've got to have a good balance and flexibility between the two, they're both necessary.

Was really happy to played in the Champions League a few seasons ago. We bowed out gracefully, knowing that this rare occasion might never come again until quite some time. We were disqualified from Europa League another season after too, but those have been valuable lessons. I still have hope we can finish in the top half of the table though this season.
It's good that you see them as lessons, not moments to blame the referee or curse the other team, etc. Teams are always learning in sports, though, it just depends on who finds the key advantages before the others. At least that's how i see it.

I'm quite a big fan of Arsenal. I watch mostly the English Premier League. I almost never miss any of the matches each week XD. I've also been a long term supporter of Everton, the first team I became a fan of. (It shifted to Arsenal later gradually.)
Wow, how do you watch Prem League matches? All the websites i go to say i have to pay :frustrating::rolleyes:

Arsenal's been pretty good lately, despite the injuries. I'm rooting for them to win the EPL because everyone keeps saying they'll get 4th place and i want to prove them wrong. I'm just that way :tongue: However, there are the Arsenal-Barca matches coming up ahead. Oh no...

How did you first start supporting Everton, and how did you shift to another team? From what i've seen (which is not much tbh), most ppl just tend to stay at one team.

(Sorry all the things I've said seemed a little confusing. Sometimes I just type too weirdly. +_+)
Naw, it's okay. Sometimes i type weirdly too! But i guess it's always up to the other people to decipher our typings :wink:

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
RM fan here. Messi is the best player in the world rn, and he deserves his 5th Ballon D'ore. Congratulations!
As a Barca fan, i'm honoured. Thank you! What can i say? I really respect Ronaldo too, and it's amazing how many records he broke last year. We'd better enjoy these two before they're gone. CR is turning 31 soon, and Messi 29 in June. Time flies :sad:

I want to say something, about typing Messi. Are you sure he is an ISFP?? Why F ?? I think he is a thinker more that a feeler (you can see that from his playing style).
As for playing style, we're gonna use the functions.

When making decisions on the pitch, you're using your Extraverted Judging function, no matter where it is in your stack. For IxxP types, it's last, but you're gonna have to use it. I don't see that much Te in Messi, but there are times when he uses his Thinking for simple tasks, as in deciding which person to pass to in order to make sure things run smoothly and as planned. Your inferior function is always there, it's just that it's hard to use it for things that are too complicated when it comes to decision-making. Simpler, quicker decisions are okay.

Fe, however...i wish i could say otherwise, but he's not the type to go around offering encouragement when the team is feeling down, or the "team spirit" kind of person. Yes, he has great sportsmanship (like when Suarez scored and he went to help an opponent - who was very disappointed - to his feet, instead of celebrate with Luis and Neymar) but it's not the Fe kind.

Simply put, he doesn't extravert his Feeling even when stressed or angry, he extraverts his Thinking. (Also, when he speaks to referees, he reasons with them instead of expresses his frustration at them. Another Fi-dom/Te-inf thing.)

Now, for Ti/Fi...It's hard to just analyze which Introverted function is his dominant. He's such an introvert that we don't know what he thinks, but it's clear that he stays true to his values no matter what fame brings him. Family, friends, home. All that stuff sounds SJ-ish, but really, you can tell by the way he puts it that he really values it, he believes it to be right; it's not because he thinks he's "just supposed to" remain loyal to traditions, or because he was taught so.

Honestly, if you just search up anything about his "how i got here" story, you'll see what i mean. (Btw, it's actually such a powerful story, how he and others sacrificed so much and...i can't even describe it.)

·
Registered
46 Posts
@kagayama

Actually, by top half of the table, I meant by Real Sociedad. We're like the 13th or 14th, something like that and I would actually believe that somehow a miracle could happen and we somehow finish higher than eleven.
Oh.. you know that this won't happen.. sorry tho

I really like Rambo the fighter, but currently Bellerin has great potential. I wanted to say Fabregas, but, but....
I like Bellerin too! He's really talented.
And please don't mention Fabregas in front of me.. he makes me feel angry..

·
Registered
375 Posts
@MessyJessie103
I can not help appreciating your typing.You have told what was in my mind,exactly!
He is by far one of the purest example of ISFP and 925 tritype.
Christiano Ronaldo seems ESxP 3w2>7w8>8w7 Sp/Sx to me.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Personality aside, it would make me glad to see him win a World Cup before he retires. He'll be 35 in 2022. Ronaldo will be 37.

I wanted Croatia or Uruguay to win last year's World Cup but France was just too much for them to handle.

What's a bit sad is how just because a player's world-class doesn't necessarily mean his national team will go far, or if he'll even perform that well at an international level. Portugal has Ronaldo but its best performances were #4 in 2006 and winning the Euros in 2016. Last time Argentina made it into the last 4 was in 2014. Egypt has Salah but the team's too weak overall. Uruguay has Suarez and Cavani but without just one of them things become much harder as seen by Uruguay vs France during the quarterfinals. Croatia, this was their golden generation and it was their best shot at winning the World Cup that they'd have in a while.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Personality Type of Lionel Messi

Personality Type of Lionel Messi:
Most people on mbtilounge[dot]com website voted type: ISFP

Early Life of Lionel Messi
He was diagnosed with a growth hormone deficiency when he was 11 years old and his local club, River Plate, did not want to pay to treat it, so he moved to Spain to play for FC Barcelona.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts