Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 188 Posts

·
Loon Princess
3,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
List of smart sensors, made because intuitives are assholes

This thread is not meant to say that sensors are stupid, and that these guys are the exception. In fact, this thread is made to promote a more balanced view towards sensors than the ones commonly seen on personality forums, and to deter people from falsely typing themselves as intuitive for reasons of either misidentifying with stereotypes or avoiding ostracism.

Here's a list for everyone. They all happen to be STJ, but that was simply a coincidence. And I only have three people, but that's more due to laziness. So, seriously, people, post more. I'm not gonna want to have to do all of the work.

Also, pictures make this thread look nice. Use them.

Twilight Sparkle

Hermione Granger

Minerva McGonagall

·
Loon Princess
3,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm pretty sure Hermione is INFJ, she just developped her Fe a bit late (yes, she has a lot of Fe). Rowling says she kind of made her in her own image, and she's also totally INFJ.
Hermione is clearly an Si dominant. It's practically her defining characteristic. Massive absorption of every single detail, her studious concern for the literal context of things. Her matching of previous readings and absorption of literal information, in order to be used in a future context.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Hermione is clearly an Si dominant. It's practically her defining characteristic. Massive absorption of every single detail, her studious concern for the literal context of things. Her matching of previous readings and absorption of literal information, in order to be used in a future context.
Ha, yeah, that's kind of mind-boggling. Oh, well, I'm pretty sure Rowling didn't know about the MBTI, much less about functions. I think she fits INFJ more than ISFJ, in general, though.

·
Loon Princess
3,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Ha, yeah, that's kind of mind-boggling. Oh, well, I'm pretty sure Rowling didn't know about the MBTI, much less about functions. I think she fits INFJ more than ISFJ, in general, though.
Probably because Keirsey hates Sensors and describes them as boring stiffs. Many people borrow their theoretical information from him, even though his personality theories are better used as toilet paper, in my opinion.

·
Loon Princess
3,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Are we really going to list smart sensors? xD I didn't realize there was any shortage of them.
More of a shortage of people on personality forums who don't realize how smart a lot of sensors really are, and thus many people mistype themselves as intuitive, just because they don't want to be a sensor. :p

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
More of a shortage of people on personality forums who don't realize how smart a lot of sensors really are, and thus many people mistype themselves as intuitive, just because they don't want to be a sensor. :p
I can get behind that, I guess. The thread just seemed to be sending the opposite message.

·
Banned
3,145 Posts

·
Loon Princess
3,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I can get behind that, I guess. The thread just seemed to be sending the opposite message.
Yeah, I kinda figured I'd be seen that way, and now that I looked at the original post, I can definitely see how it would be perceived as typism. I'll try and make the intention clear through the magical power of editing.

·
Banned
3,145 Posts
@Torai I see what your intention is (and I appreciate it thank you), and at the same time I also see the more sinister implication that can be read into this thread (as suggested by @dejavu )..

I think what I mean to say is that it sucks that you have to explain yourself to protect yourself from those who will misunderstand/read the negative implications where it isn't meant and then attack you based on it..but i guess this is what happens in forums. *shrugs*

·
Loon Princess
3,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
@Torai I see what your intention is (and I appreciate it thank you), and at the same time I also see the more sinister implication that can be read (as suggested by dejavu)..

I think what I mean to say is that it sucks that you have to explain yourself to protect yourself from those who will misunderstand/read the negative implications where it isn't meant and then attack you based on it..but i guess this is what happens in forums. *shrugs*
Well, I can see how I could have come off, since my original post was highly ambiguous in its interpretation. Considering typism against sensors is a big thing in personality forums, partially due to the heavy reliance on Keirsey to understand personality theory. I really didn't take it personally, because it was simply an issue of tact and diplomacy on my part. People are generally more responsive if you know the proper way to present yourself.

Also, @dejavu didn't use fighting words. I didn't think he was trying to be offensive.

1 - 20 of 188 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.