Personality Cafe banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Y'know, like those standards people are held to in grade school and such: not talking out of turn, making eye contact, elbow room... What you learn from your peers is also important. Human morality, virtue (including diligence, one we're infatuated with) and trust are highly important to the Image Triad, since these are what people admire. They're the focal point of our motivation. We're aware of them whether we try defeating or advocating them. We often use them to garnish our personal authenticities.

Don't only list the values you happily uphold, but the ones you struggle with, or disagree with, as they affect you, too.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know someone will want to get into masculinity and femininity. I'd have a few things to say about that myself. Social 4s like myself may feel the sheer impact on this one frequently.

·
Banned
4,611 Posts
Compassion, mercy, loyalty, acceptance of other people, and a dogged interest in uncovering the truth on one end. Independence, assertiveness, openness, and determination I have interesting/complex relationships with. Don't much want to go into that here though.

469 all over this bitch, no?

·
MOTM Dec 2011
8,651 Posts
Beauty is certainly one. There are so many mixed messages and impossible standards I try to dismiss as much as I can a noise. But having a knack for adding visual interest to things makes me not invalidate all of these, or I invalidate myself.

What one should have accomplished or experienced by a certain age is a big one. Let's call those life deadlines.
That one is a frustration. Something I'd like to ignore but often am affected by (aka feeling like a loser).

I missed the memo on a lot of social protocol. I'm getting better at smiling more in public and stuff like that. I've always been well-mannered and well-dressed though. I just didn't know I was not fitting what was valued in a demeanor in first impressions.

Certainly affected by ideas of what gives a woman value (mostly disheartening - youth, sexiness, fake sweetness and feigned stupidity, etc).

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
A lot of my really deep values grew from a religious upbringing, and they kind of evolved and mutated. Honesty, sincerity, humility, and a type of personal integrity. I say type, because what I mean isn't that type of integrity that makes you an upstanding young man, I mean the type that makes you simply a person who is what he is, through and through.

Above all I am informed by the golden rule, or an abstraction of it. Everything I value stems from this ideal symmetry of interaction that has grown beyond the bounds of the religion I grew up with or of society.

Out of necessity, I took on the core drive to better myself, to always move upwards no matter the pace. Sometimes it resembles and pays the same as ambition, but that's not what it is.

And, I conflict with them all because I live in reality, and I'm not perfect, nor do I believe that I need to be.

·
Banned
1,928 Posts
What is honest, and what is beautiful to you? How do they help keep you authentic?
To me, they're roughly the same. It means seeing life as it is and seeing yourself as you actually are instead of how you wish to be. It's one of the hardest things to do but once you start doing it, you get a certain kind of inner peace.

Reactions: Le9acyMuse

·
Registered
26 Posts
Truth vs Tact: Finding a balance between the two is brutal and annoying. I don't want to unnecessarily alienate myself from people to express my truths, so I can often make myself miserable by hiding behind a complex and weird withdrawness. I do long for the freedom to be whomever I please, but peering into the underbelly of consciousness and existence is not most people's idea of a leisure Sunday afternoon discussion topic. Grievances build up when I hold back my thoughts to placate those around me, and unnecessary resentment builds up until the last straw drops and the weight becomes too much to bear. I am isolated and isolating, frustrated and frustrating, and people really just don't care for my brand of being. It is sad.

Appearance vs the Unseen: I have an appreciation for what goes unnoticed, but admittedly am often fooled by the dazzling appearances of things. I frustrate myself to no end trying to see what is "real."

What one should have accomplished or experienced by a certain age is a big one. Let's call those life deadlines.
That one is a frustration. Something I'd like to ignore but often am affected by (aka feeling like a loser).
I relate to this so much. I just need to remind myself often (or have someone else remind me) that the main reason for this is because my standards are high, and while I may feel left out I don't actually want the experiences in the same ways that others have had them. I'm only missing what I don't actually want. (Or is this line of thinking just a 4 defense mechanism? God, I don't know anymore. Fuck!)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.