Personality Cafe banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whenever I listen to music, I always have this certain visualization of places that correspond to how the music makes me feel. I can see certain colors when in these places and feel certain vibes like serenity or aggression.

One example of this would be whenever I listen to Boulevard of Broken Dreams by Green Day I'd imagine myself walking alone down an empty, dusty, cracked road with dilapidated, decaying buildings and it looks to be around sunset. The sky looks orange and it reflects the whole entire area with that color. I can feel the wind blowing towards and around me too. I feel sad, yet peaceful when I'm walking down the road.

Sometimes, I even incorporate certain cartoon characters or TV show characters with the music as well.

I was wondering if any other INFPs experience these types of visualizations while listening to music, or is it just me?

·
Registered
447 Posts
Yes, I get a constant stream of images when listening to music. They tend to be abstract patterns with colour, texture and movement reflecting each of the different sound elements

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Oh yes, to both books and music - I can conjure up entire lifetimes and stories in my head. I love this part of me, it's great I can entertain myself like this. I don't care about the awkwardness, shyness, aloofness or the fact that no-one wants to go out with me :p

·
Registered
247 Posts
I do this to both books and music, I imagine characters, scenes and landscapes that fit-and I do this thing with movies I like where I imagine I'm in the story line and wonder how that would turn out. This is also why I'm sometimes afraid of reading too often, I get way too into the stories I read, I'm a picky reader, and half of the young adult novels for teens begin to sound very similar to each other after a while, sadly :sad:

·
Registered
831 Posts
I definitely do this. When I'm listening to music, I'll zone out and imagine entire scenarios of places and people. Sometimes when I snap back to reality I realize I wasn't even seeing whatever was physically in front of me. This habit helps a lot at the gym.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts