Personality Cafe banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Curious whether people on here also listen to music relating to their mood. For example if you're sad do you listen to sad music to make you feel better, calm you down and just think about life? I know I sure do and it tends to help.

Same goes for if you are angry, do you particularly like listening to more aggressive stuff when you are in that state?

I know some people who do not like doing this as it just makes their mood worse. I guess for me I feel like I can relate to the music, depending on the mood and it makes me feel less alone and the music is really enjoyable.

I seem to love expressing my feelings via music, whether its writing something or listening to something suitable.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
This pretty much sums up my relationship with music 75% of the time. Whenever I'm out, I have earbuds on most of the time and as a result, the music I listen to serves as a soundtrack to whatever I'm doing and thinking at the time. This is also why I can't just listen to only one genre of music, it's akin to having only one emotion or one perspective all the time. Some songs and their corresponding mood for example:

My angry/negative music:

Ironically happy/carefree:

Sad/drained of energy/hopeless

I could go on but I think you get the point. Short answer: Yes, I do as well.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Sometimes. Sometimes I'll seek out softer music. I don't have a lot of categorically sad music in my library, so I'll either just try to calm myself with relaxing music (I have a couple playlists for that), or find a playlist on 8tracks or something to match my mood. Other times, I'll go out of my way to find happy/up-beat music to try to energize me or just make me feel happier even if it's temporary. Musical escapism I guess.

An example of happy™ songs I like to listen to:

Some of the softer/calmer/"sad" songs I might listen to:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts