Personality Cafe banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do any of you have the problem of living too much in the possibilities of the future and failing to focus on the present?

I find I do. It's kind of ironic that I'll be dreaming of how clean and beautiful and cozy my house will be when I move, as I'm sitting in a house that's cozy enough but messy beyond belief because I can't be bothered to stop dreaming and actually clean it. XD

·
Banned
1,238 Posts
I dream of the future but I learned what needs to be done in the present to get to the future. The present leads to the future it's just the matter of time.
"Don't look back,walk the present, run for the future"

·
Registered
129 Posts
I don't actually think about the long-term future much at all. I have my moments every once in a while, but other than that nope. Maybe I'm an SP? This is annoying.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I live in possibilities, definitely. It's not hard to get lost in it though, especially, when you can see them everywhere. I am strongly intuitive and sometimes I wish I wasn't. Somebody call it "abiility to see posibilities", for me it's more like "seeing world as it can be". And that can be quite frustrating sometimes. This world is far from ideal...

·
Registered
5,239 Posts
the weirdest thing is when i imagine the future and can visualise it so acutely that i actually feel the emotions i would feel in this imagined future. like being a dad- i can't resist imagining myself at 40 or something with a kid, and i can tell how protective and proud i would feel, it's crazy.

·
Registered
79 Posts
"Glance into the world just as though time were gone: and everything crooked will become straight to you."

Reactions: Heather

·
Registered
356 Posts
I agree with what Hardstyler says ....as long as you are not living in the past. I think thats possibly worse. I do do mostly focus so much on what could be, that I will never end up actually acheiving that because Im too busy thinking about it. Its all about learning about stuff and yourself particulary and finding a 'happy' medium (happy in all senses of the word...u know what i mean there?).

I also like what Efraim had to say about the abilityp to see possibilities, its almost an omen, though not, an omen is bad, and its not bad but sometimes, although it gives you great insight, its really painful too. I still have so much to learn, my development with myself is really at an immature stage....I barely know myself...so sorry if what I say confuses matters all the more :tongue:
Pie x

·
Registered
226 Posts
Now I'm so awesome that I can easily switch off my Ne when it tries to take me to future, and switch it on when i want to make connection with people, ideas :crazy::unsure:

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
I'm definitely wired to be hyper-aware of the possibilities (that's Ne for you), but I try not to let it out of control anymore. In the last year or two I've made a serious effort to live more in the present, and it's doing wonders for my stress levels. I'm never really turning off the possibilities, but if I ever feel like I'm veering towards an anxious or paranoid conclusion, I seem to be able to just turn on my "present sense" and slow things down a step, if that makes any sense. It's kind of similar to the principle behind mindfulness meditation, actually, which I'd recommend anyone to read up on.

·
Registered
44 Posts
This almost fu..d my life...Overthinkin'!

And like Tridentus said: i can even fell emotions playin'.

Sometimes i think how life would be easier that i'm like my girlfriend-down on earth.No imagination but no problems.:unsure:

·
Registered
356 Posts
Damien thats is rather cool, must put that on my 'To Start...but not finish' list :wink:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts