Personality Cafe banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am an ISTJ -- and have lived with several different people of different personality types, but have spent the past few years in close quarters - once with an ISFP, but now with an ENFP. And it seems you quickly recognize differences, especially in terms of priorities, when you're in close quarters.

How have you dealt with living with other types? Could you suggest any ways to make it easier?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Compromise! Identify the differences and why they are incompatible with your ideal lifestyle, and then let the other person know. This is easier if they're interested in MBTI~ You may not be able to resolve the differences, especially in terms of priorities, but even mutual acknowledgement of the conflict can help.

The worst thing you can do is hope for the best and silently bemoan everything they're doing to irritate you in the meantime. They may not notice, may not be able to identify the cause, or may not know the optimal solution.

Finally, treat them as they would like to be treated.

·
Banned
4,477 Posts
lol. I live with people who aren't all that driven of my family. I find I'm always finding, and I am always taking issue with something. I agree, its the priorities of people, but how are priorities created? Values. The family members I'm living with are an IXFJ and an IXFP, I think of them more as enneagram type 9's as slothfulness is the fixation which they both carry.

Finding the heart of issues, fixing them, and compromising for the best result is the process I use to create stability.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts