Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you think we can excel at both?

It's common for 8s to have high IQ but what about EQ?

So is
IQ + EQ = constant
OR IQ + EQ =/= constant

Do you think 8s can develop real high emotional awareness? Directness and control seems for me to be just opposite.

·
The Doer King
13,681 Posts
8 is no more intelligent than any other number emotionally or otherwise.

Reactions: Chili990

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
8 is no more intelligent than any other number emotionally or otherwise.
I don't thing my ability do compromise, use emotional judgment, empathy are the same as any E2 for instance that I have ever met in my life.

Then again my logical judgment seems so much better when a situation requires pure logic for a decision to be made. 2s are less efficient at that.

I don't think we are equal. All the types, whether MBTI or enneagram have stronger and weaker sides.

I want to see here is how 8s see IQ and EQ on the spectrum of judging situations in life.

·
The Doer King
13,681 Posts
I don't thing my ability do compromise, use emotional judgment, empathy are the same as any E2 for instance that I have ever met in my life.

Then again my logical judgment seems so much better when a situation requires pure logic for a decision to be made. 2s are less efficient at that.

I don't think we are equal. All the types, whether MBTI or enneagram have stronger and weaker sides.

I want to see here is how 8s see IQ and EQ on the spectrum of judging situations in life.
Enneagram is more about our motivations. With that in mind, different enneagrams approach emotional and logical intelligence in different ways. Since a feeler or thinker could be any enneagram type, I fail to see a way to correlate. An ENFJ 8 with primary Fe should have a far superior emotional intelligence than INTP 8 with primary Ti.

Enneagram just isn't built for this type of correlation IMO.

Reactions: Wake

·
Ace of Spades
7w6 4w3 1w9 sp/so; Ni/Ne/Te-dom
3,254 Posts
I doubt IQ + EQ = const.
I don't know about IQ, but I think EQ is something that could always be improved. Therefore, the sum could always rise (I think). Also, I don't think that being logically intelligent affects your emotional intelligence. That's just a poor excuse to be an asshole =P

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Enneagram is more about our motivations. With that in mind, different enneagrams approach emotional and logical intelligence in different ways. Since a feeler or thinker could be any enneagram type, I fail to see a way to correlate. An ENFJ 8 with primary Fe should have a far superior emotional intelligence than INTP 8 with primary Ti.

Enneagram just isn't built for this type of correlation IMO.
I think you are right. ENFJs emotional intelligence could be used to control. This thread shouldn't be here.

I doubt IQ + EQ = const.
I don't know about IQ, but I think EQ is something that could always be improved. Therefore, the sum could always rise (I think). Also, I don't think that being logically intelligent affects your emotional intelligence. That's just a poor excuse to be an asshole =P
It does, at least at the stage where you have just one judging function available. I feel that an asshole is who I should be. My excuse for not being one is that I'm not aware of my burning emotions when I act nice.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.