Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Banned
4,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Huh? A mixed up Eleanor Roosevelt quote? What am I missing?
What are you talking about? Is it an Eleanor Roosevelt quote? What do you mean by huh? What do you mean what are you missing?

·
Registered
187 Posts
"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."
~Eleanor Roosevelt

Clearly the sign was lead astray from the original quote, and I'm not sure what the sign has to do with "N's" being biased. That's what I'm missing.

·
Banned
4,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."
~Eleanor Roosevelt

Clearly the sign was lead astray from the original quote, and I'm not sure what the sign has to do with "N's" being biased. That's what I'm missing.
Ah I see.

Well N's are associated with ideas. S's are assocaited with things.

I assumed an N changed the quote to that sign because N's are into ideas. Thats why I made a joke that said " lol at N's being biased". Because N's ..... are biased if they think that thinking about ideas = great people.

Is it for sure that an N wrote that? No.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Ah I see.

Well N's are associated with ideas. S's are assocaited with things.

I assumed an N changed the quote to that sign because N's are into ideas. Thats why I made a joke that said " lol at N's being biased". Because N's ..... are biased if they think that thinking about ideas = great people.
Mm.. right. That idea came across my mind after thinking about it. Everyone thinks about ideas and just because they don't discuss them doesn't mean they're not a great person -_-.

Did you even find this picture in something relating to MBTI?

·
Registered
3,508 Posts
I like Ideas.... hehehee

·
Banned
4,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Mm.. right. That idea came across my mind after thinking about it. Everyone thinks about ideas and just because they don't discuss them doesn't mean they're not a great person -_-.

Did you even find this picture in something relating to MBTI?
Did I say the person who said it wasn't a great person? Does it have to be in something related to mbti in order to relate it to mbti?..... especially a joke? Mm.. right.. you've got things under control ...you got this.

·
Registered
187 Posts
The sign says that. If you were to assume an "N" wrote that sign, yeah, I would think you would have found it in something relating to MBTI in order to assume that. Otherwise it doesn't make sense.

·
Subterranean Homesick Alien
11,928 Posts
I don't think 'N' is associated with ideas and I don't think 'S' is associated with things.

·
Banned
4,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The sign says that. If you were to assume an "N" wrote that sign, yeah, I would think you would have found it in something relating to MBTI in order to assume that. Otherwise it doesn't make sense.
That's listening to someone else's intuition. People that favor ideas are intuitors. They would like to THINK that ideas are more important.... because that's how we are... we like ideas. It's a biased idea. You're paying too much attention to boxes. If it's in an mbti folder it means it's about mbti.... no. Mbti can be used outside of that box. You can apply it in many different contexts. And you don't have to check in to see if someone is officially an N or S or Y or G. You trust someone else telling you someone is an N because it's "official"? What makes it official? A test? A biased test that is based on someones subjective view of themselves? Do you know how many people don't understand themselves or care to? Why should I trust someone else's opinion of who is an N when I research it constantly myself?

A sensor would not say "ideas are for great people". Unless of course they were raised to think that by something. It's a sort of selfish and biased view to think that people that talk about ideas are great people as opposed to people that talk about things. They are interdependent on one another.... ideas and real life things. That quote on the sign is a hierarchy of values. And the value happens to not value a whole type of people. I'm pokin fun at it. Cause it's wrong. People that care about things or even talk about people are no more or less important than the ones who talk about ideas. I don't know who said the quote. And it doesn't really matter. The point is... the idea is being spread. And I don't like wrong and misleading ideas.

So out of scorn I decided to make a joke about it.

Who cares if I assumed the person was an N anyway? I admitted in my second post I didn't know for sure. And I even said "who knows?". I still strongly think it was an N though. but that's just my opinion.

·
Banned
4,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I don't think 'N' is associated with ideas and I don't think 'S' is associated with things.
in general you don't think so? why? and i should correct myself. IIII consider N with ideas and S with things. but i still would like to know why they shouldnt be

·
Subterranean Homesick Alien
11,928 Posts
in general you don't think so? why? and i should correct myself. IIII consider N with ideas and S with things. but i still would like to know why they shouldnt be
For one, 'ideas' and 'things' are so extremely broad it's not even funny...
Things? I talk about things quite a bit. It's impossible not to since I'm surrounded by things. I also talk about ideas, big and small. Often, ideas have to do with things. So in talking about ideas, I'm also talking about things.

I just don't know how to associate N with ideas and S with things. You're the one who suggested it indirectly, though. So why?

Reactions: RyRyMini

·
Banned
4,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
For one, 'ideas' and 'things' are so extremely broad it's not even funny...
Things? I talk about things quite a bit. It's impossible not to since I'm surrounded by things. I also talk about ideas, big and small. Often, ideas have to do with things. So in talking about ideas, I'm also talking about things.

I just don't know how to associate N with ideas and S with things. You're the one who suggested it indirectly, though. So why?
Because ideas are possibilities..... they are potential reality. Things.... in general... or we could say.... just sensory here and now data..... I would say is more S.

That was my reasoning. And yea good point. They are rather broad.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Har har har, I think I'll stop getting into this. I don't like dealing with prejudice people. It seems like your obsessed with the label "N" and thinking anything less is inferior.

·
Banned
4,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Har har har, I think I'll stop getting into this. I don't like dealing with prejudice people. It seems like your obsessed with the label "N" and thinking anything less is inferior.
That's.... actually the exact opposite of what I think.... and why I thought the quote was wrong. I don't think it's inferior I think it's completely necessary for sensors to be around. However I just don't understand them. They don't understand me either though. So it's all good.

Reactions: Nomenclature
1 - 20 of 54 Posts