Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to my room-mate... when I was sleeping deeply... I spoke these words very clearly with a tone that sounded very philosophically profound.

"All you ever see is them getting off too late. All you ever hear is them say cough, cough cough and their enemies"

Even though I said this in my sleep... I have no clue what it means. Anyone wanna try to help me decipher it? :laughing:

·
Registered
712 Posts
Hmm...I don't know. What sort of mood did you wake up in?

My best sleeptalking line was "Those cats are definitely up to something!". I remember the dream though - the neighbourhood cats were all meeting together around wheelie bins, and seemed to be forming some sort of alliance.

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmm...I don't know. What sort of mood did you wake up in?

My best sleeptalking line was "Those cats are definitely up to something!". I remember the dream though - the neighbourhood cats were all meeting together around wheelie bins, and seemed to be forming some sort of alliance.
Well it was one of my earlier REM cycles. So I probably had a few more dreams before I woke... but I woke up feeling content and peaceful. :wink:

I think my sleep-talking had something to do with people who are apathetic and don't act soon enough to avert pain... And that they are silent while the voices of their enemies bring them down.

·
Banned
1,794 Posts
I've woken up shouting something once but I can't remember what.

I've also woken up crying once! It was during my art course at school and I dreamt that I had worked really hard on a piece of artwork and I think it had gone missing or something, or the teachers didn't like it, can't quite remember, and I woke up crying so hard I was so upset!

I've also woken up thinking there was a wasp under my covers. I could hear the buzzing in my dream. I'm pretty paranoid about wasps!

·
Banned
3,725 Posts
What a bunch of weirdos :crazy:

But that's ok, at least you're not punching anyone during your sleep :dry:

·
Registered
712 Posts
What a bunch of weirdos :crazy:

But that's ok, at least you're not punching anyone during your sleep :dry:
Who you calling a weirdo, crackpot? :tongue:

·
Banned
3,725 Posts
My brother punches the wall in his sleep. He has also sleep walked a couple of times.
I punch the walls sometimes too, I would launch super kicks to my pillow that would land all the way into the bathroom entrance. That is why no one dares to sleep with me(yeah, I have many issues lol)

Who you calling a weirdo, crackpot? :tongue:
Moi:wink:

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
I sleptwalked to my friend's house once. It was surprising to go to sleep in my bed and wake up on someone else's couch.

·
Registered
141 Posts
It sounds kind of like a Radiohead's song...that means nobody would ever know what it means...
You should tape yourself while you're sleeping, this is interesting...

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
My father once rolled over in his sleep to face my mother and shouted "You... you! Fat! Fat!"

It did not end well.

Reactions: MissNobody and vel

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
According to my room-mate... when I was sleeping deeply... I spoke these words very clearly with a tone that sounded very philosophically profound.

"All you ever see is them getting off too late. All you ever hear is them say cough, cough cough and their enemies"

Even though I said this in my sleep... I have no clue what it means. Anyone wanna try to help me decipher it? :laughing:
great thread :crazy:

i actually came up with a theory just a while ago because i too have been getting 'messages'
but no one's around to hear me, if i did say anything out loud ---rather these are all "text messages" in my sleep... i've been noticing sometimes i will get text in a dream, that i read somewhere... and lately in the mornings i will wake up, close my eyes again and i start to see this writing in front of me.. like someone typing a message
what i've noticed is that it's not always the specific words you use, you just focus on the meaning. i said something the other day "steam roth" and i looked roth up in the dictionary and it says it's a person's name.. I don't know anyone by that name. But anyway I knew in the dream it was referring to this cap made of metal which when you put on top of things..like vegetables.. it steams them <_<

just last night i started to put an mp3 player with a recording function next to my bed
i am going to use it when i see the text again. sometimes i can see them appear while i am still awake with my eyes closed, so i can read it out loud ^^ I am just having a bit of difficulty, I find I have to be extremely relaxed and if I have my hand up with the recorder to my mouth, might not work... But I'm doing some experiments^^ also thinking of getting a headset

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The big problem is that you'll have to dig through 9 hours of sleep time for those brief statements.

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
and then there are people who speak in another language when they are asleep which they never learned before ... dum-dum-dum, and the plot thickens :crazy:
Sometimes I speak in Japanese...

Although another Japanese speaker overheard me and said "Half the words were real Japanese... the other half was nonsense."

xD

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
^it was like that for me too, (along with several stories i've read of other ppl) but all of a sudden recently am i able to read. i hope it turns into something great and useful

The big problem is that you'll have to dig through 9 hours of sleep time for those brief statements.
oh i see
i actually wake up after every dream, so i record what i saw after. and then there are times when i am awake while sleeping.

also!!! i get messages (words) in japanese too (O_O)
i have to put them in the dictionary when i wake up, they are words i'd never heard of before
Btmanganさんも、にほんごができますね。

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
That's amazing Linus... are you sure it's not your subconscious?

Btmanganさんも、にほんごができますね。
hai, nihongo no kurasu ga arimashita. anata mo?

konpyuuta no hirigana ga arimasen. Zannen da ne.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts