·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, how long? Did you hallucinate?

·
Banned
2,155 Posts
I don't remember the exact length of time, but I think it was in the vicinity of 60 hours or so. I don't remember hallucinating, but near the end, I was absolutely useless. The smallest noise would sound like a big boom to me. Before I finally went to sleep, I was hysterical, shaking and crying.

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
About 2 days with absolutely no sleep at all. I kind of just zombie'd my way through activities and class.

I just recently got over a 3-4 month period of very bad sleep cycles. I wouldn't be able to go to sleep until 3am (at the earliest). I probably got 3-4 hours max a night. I felt like crap the whole time.

·
Registered
751 Posts
*invades section* I've never even stayed up for 24 hours before. Probably because I want to be able to live with myself - I get in a very agitated mood when I'm sleep deprived.

I'd like to try staying up for a long period of time, but I don't have enough stuff to do during it, heh! Can you NTs give me any tips :D?

·
Registered
254 Posts
*invades section* I've never even stayed up for 24 hours before. Probably because I want to be able to live with myself - I get in a very agitated mood when I'm sleep deprived.
Same. The closest I've ever come to 24 hours was... 22 hours. No idea how the rest of you all managed to stay up for two days.

Reactions: Knives

·
Subterranean Homesick Alien
11,928 Posts
I stayed up for two days straight in ninth grade during finals.
Hallucinations? No...
Did you know that if you go for a long enough time without sleep, at some point you'll just conk out no matter what you're doing?

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Two days and one night. I passed out in the morning after the second night. During the day, I didn't hallucinate, but I was in summer school and our class required a bit of walking. I didn't hear a word the teacher said while I struggled to keep awake, and had the distinct feeling that I was floating. Everything was a blur.

·
Registered
911 Posts
around 48 hours... it was a trip to Prague and I didn't want to sleep in a bus... you know, miss all the fun.
No hallucinations, but alcohol did knock me down faster than usual.

·
Banned
557 Posts
28 hours w/ no sleep is my record. If u stay up past a whole day, u feel like crap and u can be most inefficient as opposed to someone who actually got some sleep. That is unacceptable to me....

·
Registered
417 Posts
I believe I counted 54 hours of wakefulness in one stretch during sophomore year of college. Towards the last hour I'm not sure what was happening I was very dazed and had to keep my eyes wide open constantly or I would be basically narcoleptic, randomly nodding my head and waking up.
I once fell asleep in a bio lab where we were all standing up yet I still couldn't stay awake as I was leaning against the work area hahaha, the prof she hated me because I must have dozed off about 5 or 6 times while she was explaining the experiment (I couldn't help it I mean she was boring, the soporific voice of a tyrant) .
It was amazing how easy it was to skip a whole day of sleep at least twice a week back then. Now when I try to do the same it is much more taxing on my body, perhaps it's better off in the long run, although I still can't get to sleep until the early hours of the morning usually 4-5am. I don't skip a day of sleep anymore.
So on days I have work I basically get 6 hours of sleep or less :dry:..

·
Registered
560 Posts
About 85 hours. I didn't hallucinate. I hate the feeling though, it felt like there's this pressure inside my head and I was very very irritable.

Reactions: pro at filing

·
Registered
4,687 Posts
Probably about 26 Hours. Even then it was only really because I was coked up on energy drinks. :mellow:

One of the longest cases I've heard of, is some poor sod who sat up for about 14 days playing World of Warcraft.

·
Registered
964 Posts
I've done 24 and 48 hours regularly, with little ill effects except the obvious tiredness and slower reactions.
Most I did was over 70 hours, but that was a one off circumstance of illness and pain, that kept me awake that long.
During that time I did hallucinate, but that was as much to do with a high temperature and pain as it was with being sleep deprived.
At the time the hallucinations seem very real, one hallucination was thinking that I was a slave on a Galley ship and had to shake to make the ship go, rather than using oars, the other was that I was leading a white horse down the hospital ward, when In reality it was my intravenous drip I was pullling along. There were others, but I dont remember them properly.
It was only a good dose of morphine that put an end to that 70 odd hours of sleeplessness.
:)
Not something Id wish to repeat. Although interesting in a 'this is how sleep deprivation feels' kinda way.
G. x

·
Registered
198 Posts
24 is a piece of piss. I worked a 32 hour shift once, so up for maybe 35-36.

1 - 20 of 142 Posts