Personality Cafe banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah, the title says it really :happy:

The people I feel at ease with the most and can just flow with are all NFs. Sure yeah its easy enough and enjoyable to socialize with all types whilst being considerate of our differences, but with NFs there is no barrier, no obstacle, just a harmony of emotions. My best guy-friend and girl-friend are both NFs, and just generally its easier to share experiences with NFs.

Fingers crossed.

For the more 'seasoned' INFJs :) If you're married or in past relationships have you bonded with NFs and other 'dreamer/idealists' or have you been drawn to others. My parents are ISTJ father ESFP mother, and they're entirely different people. I guess when attraction takes over theres no time to stop and analyze the type haha.

Reactions: Lady Nurture

·
Registered
INFJ 6w5, 1w2, 2w1 Sx/Sp
10,469 Posts
I feel the same way about NF types. I connect with them easily. I am married to an ENFJ and have a close relationship with my INFP brother. I do have a best friend who is an ISFJ. We mainly stay on realistic topics but she is great to talk to. It's really nice being with someone who is on the same same wave length as you. This sounds really pretentious but I felt like I was too complex for the people I dated in the past. My husband was the one to point this out to me. It's not that I was better than them, just different and I personally get stimulated by an equally as complex person in a romantic relationship. However, I know other INFJ's here who are attracted to non NF's so it really depends on the INFJ :)

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Then you are looking in one of the best places. Also, the right thing to say is "in bloom" not "seasoned".

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Yeah, the title says it really :happy:

For the more 'seasoned' INFJs :) If you're married or in past relationships have you bonded with NFs and other 'dreamer/idealists' or have you been drawn to others.

I have . With an INFP. It was quite intense and felt amazing.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
I generally don't ask people their types and I get along with several other types, not just NF's...it's all about the person. I have dated SF and NT's and been perfectly fine. I actually generally try to date somebody a bit more extroverted and outgoing than myself b/c it helps to pull me out of my shell some. I'm a bit attracted to ISFP artsy/bohemian types. Also attracted to ENFPs. While I have a bunch of NT friends and enjoy debating with them, not sure I'd want to date them.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
In my limited experience, I've been attracted to only one person whose type I was aware of: an ENFJ. I've been thinking hard on my ex-boyfriend's type from high school, but he's likely an ESXX of some sort.
However, the ENFJ I knew is not/was not a healthy one and I've since isolated myself from any further exposure to him. Everything from debates to discussion (which happened to be the same thing with him) was exhausting, but I've learned a lot about my own convictions and my ability to hold my own and master my words. It was twisted and largely unhealthy but mine was a unique experience (no one person is exactly like another) but what's ultimately survivable becomes a strength, no?
I've a best friend INFJ, and we are like sisters. I'd say her twin sisters are likely an S and an N, (one of them an ENTP or ENFP) and we get along splendidly. Her family is like a second family to me and everything from books, films, experience, etc. is talked about. It's absolutely fantastic! I believe my bff's mother is an INFP and her father is an ENXX of some sort. Again, a beautiful family.
I'm fairly certain more Sensors are attracted to me but I'm attracted to them as friends; I've a dear friend who is an ESFP and I call him my "son" just as he calls me "Mother". We were in a play together in which he was my son and since getting to know each other better, he's like the little brother/sibling I always wanted. Spontaneous, energetic and bracing hugs/lifts into the air whenever we meet (he's taller than I am).
I'd probably greatly enjoy a connection with an NF (for one, there would be a sense of cooperation as opposed to competition) because it would also give me an opportunity to unabashedly enjoy and share the depth of my thoughts and whatever hangs in the silence would be not the expectation of having to say more, but a silence that's lived in, complete and conducive to productivity.
Also, I understand that what I would like will most likely not be what I need, so type should perhaps not be read into as much. If there's balance, mutual acceptance and enough challenge provided to help one grow, then that's a blessing, no matter the implications of four small letters.

·
Registered
17,819 Posts
I've been lucky in my life with exposure to a large number of NFs and NTs. I'm also in an LDR with an ENFJ and it's by far a complete relationship in almost every way. It's not what I would call incomplete love ... it's a feeling that transcends that. There's love and romance, affection and admiration ... but there's also a great degree of mutual respect, courtesy and space.

What this translates to is that basically when we talk, we almost always already know how the other person feels about it. We've emptied out our souls to each other and in doing so have really given the keys of some important parts of our happiness to each other. And given that level of trust, it just feels like [at least for me] that I can trust her with my feelings. Earning my trust and love was no small feat for anyone because just a year ago, I was brutally betrayed and abandoned by a woman and her family after an 8 year long relationship. But now that I've reached that point, I feel complete ... I can talk to her about anything, discuss anything. We've had our difficulties, of course ... but that just completes it even more. There's no panic, no frustration, no doubts ... it's peacefully intense, and deeply passionate at the same time.

We have a lot of similarities in feelings, expectations ... it feels like ... I can give her something sacred of mine .. my feelings, and trust her to not only hold them for me, but to protect, respect and appreciate them at the same time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts