Personality Cafe banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's my problem.

I've always been a quiet, independent person, and most of the time I'm content with being alone. Yet often times, even when I'm surrounded by others I still feel like I'm by myself. I worry that I am too engrossed in my own little world, and that others cannot get close to me. I crave closeness and intimacy, but deep down I fear that I am too different to be loved and understood by any of my peers.

does anyone else ever feel this way?

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
mm.. well, yes
I do feel that no one loves me a lot of the time too, and the wanting to be close to others too.. it's just I don't feel that clicking thing with anyone.. but atm I'm content with where I am, not really extremely happy, but I'm fine.
Most people won't understand you anyway because you're different to them, but that's ok, when you find those people who do, keep them, you don't always find those kind of people, they're really hard to find.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Always. My whole life has been lonely, and all my loved ones stripped away from me.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
I write novels and build stories and characters and entire worlds inside the little universe in my brain. Its one of the few things which can leave me at peace. Except when I have to kill off a major character.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yes, you're definitely not alone here. Pun not intended.

I also feel content alone, much of the time. Other times my loneliness becomes painfully apparent to me. Unfortunately, it seems that when someone does want to be close to me, it's not someone I'm interested in.

I'd like to tell you that people are more alike than they are different, but, like you, I suffer from this (irrational?) idea that somehow I am too different. I wonder if other people detect this feeling and stay away because of it?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts