Personality Cafe banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to find an MBTI website that has a very detailed description of the INTP personality type in the Russian language. I doubt we get many readers who are native Russians here, but on the off chance we do is there a good resource out there?

9,999 Posts
I am not a native speaker, but close. MBTI is significantly less popular and less well-known in Russia compared to socionics, and if you google MBTI in Russian, a lot of the hits will be comparing MBTI to socionics (and generally find socionics superior).

There are, to my knowledge, no good quality MBTI sites in Russian. There are tons of socionics sites and materials, some with MBTI comparisons.

There are some Russian translations of English INTP descriptions (such as this and this), some socionics descriptions of ILI ("Balzac", Бальзак) that draw comparisons to INTP (such as this and this), but very few native Russian descriptions of INTP (I think this qualifies, although it's extremely shallow).

Reactions: sereneone

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am not a native speaker, but close. MBTI is significantly less popular and less well-known in Russia compared to socionics, and if you google MBTI in Russian, a lot of the hits will be comparing MBTI to socionics (and generally find socionics superior).

There are, to my knowledge, no good quality MBTI sites in Russian. There are tons of socionics sites and materials, some with MBTI comparisons.

There are some Russian translations of English INTP descriptions (such as this and this), some socionics descriptions of ILI ("Balzac", Бальзак) that draw comparisons to INTP (such as this and this), but very few native Russian descriptions of INTP (I think this qualifies, although it's extremely shallow).
Those are very promising thanks.

What are the primary differences between MBTI INTP and Socionics Balzac?

Reactions: Marvin the Dendroid
9,999 Posts
Those are very promising thanks.

What are the primary differences between MBTI INTP and Socionics Balzac?
I don't know. I've never been able to make a lot of sense of socionics, and it is my understanding that neither the types nor the cognitive functions are a 100% match between MBTI and socionics. Socionics also has a stronger focus on relationships between the types. But both you and your Russian friend could read up on socionics and discuss personality types based on that. There's a socionics subforum right here on PerC.

As far as I know, INTP in MBTI can translate to both INTp (ILI) and INTj (LII) in socionics.

Reactions: sereneone
1 - 4 of 4 Posts