Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am doing a project on romantic relationships and compatibility with my personality type. I need to interview a male from age 20-23. Respond if interested.

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
I'm 19, and I'm not up for an interview but I'll tell you a little since my mom's an ESFJ.

I think an INTP-ESFJ relationship is one of the worst ones. The woman's my mother and we're hardly ever on the same page. She can understand me cause I'm her kid (and her thinking's a little developed since my dad and I are both thinkers, he's an ISTJ) but if I dated an ESFJ girl.. damn, it'd be like talking to a wall for both of us.

·
Registered
288 Posts
These responses are incredibly biased. Two healthy adults can have a great relationship no matter which types they are. We are not just our temperaments. We are our characteristics, experiences, quirks, dreams, actions and thoughts.

An unhealthy ESFJ can be the worst person to be around... but so can an unhealthy INTP. Don't think that any INTP will do, and I definitely wouldn't be against an ESFJ relationship IF she/he was a healthy person. Most INTP's wouldn't be against it, but that's only if they hadn't already brainwashed themselves into believing cognitive functions have anything to do with romantic compatibility.

I've been in an ESFJ relationship before and have an ESFJ mother. Mother was unhealthy. Ex wasn't. Two very different people.

·
Registered
656 Posts
ESFJ and xNTP don't match up very well. Almost complete diametric opposites. ESFJ has Ti as an inferior function which can make them, for example, a blindly patriotic type. It just goes against the critical, analytical, and rational nature of a NTP.

·
Registered
6,449 Posts
I am doing a project on romantic relationships and compatibility with my personality type. I need to interview a male from age 20-23. Respond if interested.
Now I'm curious to the nature of this interview. I'm 21.

What kind of project is this? What's the goal?

·
Banned
2,383 Posts
These responses are incredibly biased. Two healthy adults can have a great relationship no matter which types they are. We are not just our temperaments. We are our characteristics, experiences, quirks, dreams, actions and thoughts.

An unhealthy ESFJ can be the worst person to be around... but so can an unhealthy INTP. Don't think that any INTP will do, and I definitely wouldn't be against an ESFJ relationship IF she/he was a healthy person. Most INTP's wouldn't be against it, but that's only if they hadn't already brainwashed themselves into believing cognitive functions have anything to do with romantic compatibility.

I've been in an ESFJ relationship before and have an ESFJ mother. Mother was unhealthy. Ex wasn't. Two very different people.
Good luck with that... INTP's are incredibly picky (they will deny that, and say they like any type).

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Good luck with that... INTP's are incredibly picky (they will deny that, and say they like any type).
I'm not sure what your point is. Are you saying that just because we are picky that automatically rules out relationships with some types? Or did you think that mashedpotato was saying that any two healthy adults who happened to run into each other could be in a healthy relationship?

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Ya sure, I love being interviewed (not sarcasm). Shoot me a message.

Even more interesting. What is this all about?
It seems that she is trying to determine which type she is compatible with by asking a lot of different types a set of pre-determined questions. I think she will make a decision based on which type has the most favorable responses overall. Solid reasoning. Who knows, maybe one of us lucky respondents will be chosen as her potential partner! :laughing:

·
Registered
6,449 Posts
Ya sure, I love being interviewed (not sarcasm). Shoot me a message.

It seems that she is trying to determine which type she is compatible with by asking a lot of different types a set of pre-determined questions. I think she will make a decision based on which type has the most favorable responses overall. Solid reasoning. Who knows, maybe one of us lucky respondents will be chosen as her potential partner! :laughing:
She would still need a way of verifying the type of each interviewee, since I've seen a lot of people discovering they were mistyped on these forums.

·
Registered
406 Posts
It's a manhunt literally, INTPs scatter!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.